Kentucky Premier & Shining Star Sports (Kentucky Only)

I for one am excited about the merger. I think KP provides an avenue for more of the NKY girls to get involved with this great name and exposure. It used to be that you had to travel down state to be involved and now you can be a part of it from our own back yard. I enjoyed the group of Shining Stars that my daughter has been a part of, but am looking forward to larger opportunities going forward. Both organizations did a great job for what their individual goals were for their programs and kids. You know what you sign up for when you sign up and you should make sure your child's goals are in line with what the organization's goals are. If you don't, you will be disappointed.

As for others that want to talk about AAU results...that's old school. If you want to talk about a money maker, that's AAU. If you want "showcase", you need to move on from AAU. That's not where the best players play any longer and the elite programs and college coaches know that. Having success today in AAU is much different that it used to be years ago. The majority of the great players just don't play there any longer and it's a little watered down. Especially if you aren't playing at the AAU D1 level. Not saying you won't see some good teams, but if your goal is to get exposure, then you want to play where you will get the most looks. That's not in AAU any longer.

I have a lot of people come to me and ask where to send my kid for basketball in NKY. My first question is "what are you and your child's goals and expectations?". Depending on their answer (and their age group)...I would suggest only two orgs in NKY (Shining Stars or Legacy). Most already know that and say they wouldn't send their kids anywhere else, but just wanted a confirmation. Now I am confident where I would send them...regardless of any criteria.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The class of 2025 and 2026 will be will represent Kentucky Premier well. We had close to 70 totals kids tryout excluding the numbers that Western Ky had. There will be a total of Four 3rd grade/9U teams and Three 2nd grade/8U teams.

I can't wait to see these #GoGreen teams in the 2016 Ky State Tournament.

I guess i need to change my handle and start working on 2020!

• 2 weeks later...