Give me your top three coaches in the 9th region

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only question is if Murphy is such a good Coach why no love from his peers with awards? Also, why didn't the div 1 kid win any players of the year;conference, KABC, or NKCA from what I read she was clearly the best player. These are awards that the coaches in the area vote on, right? My guess is coaches don't respect the way things were done and are being done with that program and wouldn't vote for either.

Hey rcc9 where's application for the 50% off for the public tuition.

Is this list about the best coaches just basketball, win at all cost, or about who is the person I would want my child playing for and life lessons learned from? Big difference.

I would be willing to bet they are not paying full tuition. I know for a fact that some girls are being offered half tuition to go to HC and that came from some of the horses mouth. I agree with RCC9 HC had an amazing your last year, made a great run and I am happy for those girls but without the D1 transfer to they win it or much less get out of the region, just saying.

BTW hittheboards19 Macke's team if the source is right will be the incoming freshman next year.

Due to the fact that Holy Cross (nor any Catholic school) can make a determination as to tuition discounts I'd take anything you hear about being offered "half tuition" as false.

Due to the fact that Holy Cross (nor any Catholic school) can make a determination as to tuition discounts I'd take anything you hear about being offered "half tuition" as false.

I respect what you're saying and calling it a "half off sale" is probably not the correct terminology. But there are ways around all of it. Many have been noted on here in many different forums by private school fans.

There are ways around and this came form the parent themselves so you can take that for what it is worth, I am not sure the girl went but I was offered that I know.

I suppose I'm scratching my head with Foust being in the top 3 of many. NDA has under-performed to the point they put Winstel on the bench at the end of last season as the wheels were falling off. I hate to say it but this sounds a bit more like a popularity contest. I may not like the way Perkins (Holmes) handles himself but is he a good coach? IDK but he (among others) got his team playing far closer to his teams full potential IMHO. Curious what I'm missing.

I suppose I'm scratching my head with Foust being in the top 3 of many. NDA has under-performed to the point they put Winstel on the bench at the end of last season as the wheels were falling off. I hate to say it but this sounds a bit more like a popularity contest. I may not like the way Perkins (Holmes) handles himself but is he a good coach? IDK but he (among others) got his team playing far closer to his teams full potential IMHO. Curious what I'm missing.

I would agree with this. He definitely got his team to play his style and buy in. But he too was a benefactor of transfers. But I think he is a good coach as well.

Tucker? If memory serves she was at Holmes for 8th grade and Turkeyfoot for 7th and 6th.

I really like Tucker, but you're right. I think she is a great kid. Always very respectful and polite when I've spoke with her. Feel like I've watched her grow up! But she has played varsity softball for Dixie, Holmes and HC. Now grant it, most of that was prior to freshman year.

I respect what you're saying and calling it a "half off sale" is probably not the correct terminology. But there are ways around all of it. Many have been noted on here in many different forums by private school fans.

I'll be curious to know what those are.

I just checked the CCH website. You have to apply for financial aid through a 3rd party. That organization determines how much aid you can receive. If you receive aid then you also do work study.

I really like Tucker, but you're right. I think she is a great kid. Always very respectful and polite when I've spoke with her. Feel like I've watched her grow up! But she has played varsity softball for Dixie, Holmes and HC. Now grant it, most of that was prior to freshman year.

Starting 2nd baseman at Dixie as 6th & 7th grader, 8th grade started at Holmes at 2nd/SS, & then at Holy Cross since. However, she is not a transfer unless she is switching in HS.

BTW, love watching this young lady play, both softball & basketball :thumb:

I'll be curious to know what those are.

I just checked the CCH website. You have to apply for financial aid through a 3rd party. That organization determines how much aid you can receive. If you receive aid then you also do work study.

The same at NewCath, and I'd be willing to bet it's the same company for all the catholic high schools and grade schools.

Starting 2nd baseman at Dixie as 6th & 7th grader, 8th grade started at Holmes at 2nd/SS, & then at Holy Cross since. However, she is not a transfer unless she is switching in HS. BTW, love watching this young lady play. :thumb:

The same at NewCath, and I'd be willing to bet it's the same company for all the catholic high schools and grade schools.

But others (private school folks) have talked about sponsors and other ways around it. So the tuition may be getting paid in full on the books. I really have no idea. I'm summarizing one of the other posts that have many opinions on ways to get into private schools.

What I do know is that some of those kids playing would have a very difficult time financing a private education. And I also know that one parent that had a daughter on the team was not happy at all about paying tuition while others were not. I have no idea what that means, but I know that is true.

But others (private school folks) have talked about sponsors and other ways around it. So the tuition may be getting paid in full on the books. I really have no idea. I'm summarizing one of the other posts that have many opinions on ways to get into private schools.

What I do know is that some of those kids playing would have a very difficult time financing a private education. And I also know that one parent that had a daughter on the team was not happy at all about paying tuition while others were not. I have no idea what that means, but I know that is true.

Only family members......parents, siblings, grandparents, or aunts/uncles can pay tuition for a student.

If a sponsor wants to pay then that would be a way around it. My guess is that is extremely rare but..not unheard of.

I'm old which I say means wise and experienced so I will caution you to NOT believe a parent whose child could be losing out on playing time. People run with rumors (ie. "free tuition") if it fits their agenda.