Faze or Phase

stinkyboy II

Just read a thread where the word faze was used to describe to current situation of a football program.

I thought the poster must have meant phase. I didn't even think the spelling of faze was really a word. Well it most definitely is.

I wonder how many times I have incorrectly typed the word phase when my intent was more of the meaning of the word faze?

"The Wildcats weren't fazed by the Engineers' stout defense, rushing for 295 yards and three scores."

"Jackson wasn't fazed by the hard hit, coming back to get carries of 8, 15 and 25 yards on the touchdown drive."

That is correct usage of "faze" in football terms in most cases.

A program can be going through a "down phase," such as what appears to be the case with Highlands this year.

Also, a coach can install a new "phase" of the offense that expands the playbook.

Just read a thread where the word faze was used to describe to current situation of a football program.

I thought the poster must have meant phase. I didn't even think the spelling of faze was really a word. Well it most definitely is.

I wonder how many times I have incorrectly typed the word phase when my intent was more of the meaning of the word faze?

That was my post and I should have typed "phase". I try to keep things correct but it's a constant struggle as you well know.