Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps' Class 5A Rankings 9-7-15

Featured Replies

This week will tell a lot about where Owensboro should be.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the win over Jeffersonville was nothing, they are trash regardless of where they are ranked or what class they are in.

 

The defeat to Scott Co is the game that tells the tale. That game was a one score game in the fourth quarter and instead of trying to stay close Pulaski tried an onside kick to get the ball back with a chance to tie the game. The kick failed and Scott Co recovered and drove on a short field to score. Then with Pulaski still playing for the win Scott was able to score a meaningless TD late in the game. I'm not sure another 5A team could go toe to toe with Scott County...Pulaski while they couldn't stop Scott Co, was also able to, move the ball very well against them. Unlike the HHS game where with a clock running Scott started the second half with 2nd and 3rd team kids playing they kept their starters in until very near the end and Pulaski was still able to move the ball and score against them.

 

Owensboro will get a chance this week against Bowling Green to make their claim for the top spot in 5A. If they easily handle Bowling Green then I would put them at #1 , but to date they haven't played a game that makes me think they are the best in 5A.

 

Good stuff. The BGP poll at the top is reasonable as I think the top 3 teams are right. After that, still early with plenty of season left for teams to rise and fall as resumes are built.

Good stuff. The BGP poll at the top is reasonable as I think the top 3 teams are right. After that, still early with plenty of season left for teams to rise and fall as resumes are built.
Agree wholeheartedly

I think it is hard to gauge where most teams are at this point in the season. Especially when you have some playing cupcakes and others playing tough teams.

I think Graves could be a top 10 team, if they win this week...definitely .

I think Graves could be a top 10 team, if they win this week...definitely .

I don't know if beating Tilghman would/should launch them into the top 10. We'll have to wait and see how good of a win that turns out to be.

 

Graves may deserve to be there without that win

They would easily beat 3 of the 4 teams mentioned above, Especially Covington! I have seen both Covington and BC in person. Covington could not score with BC. I would say of all the teams you mentioned, South Oldham is your best argument. The North game should be a close one only because of the rivalry! When you speak of schedules, you have no grounds to stand. The only team that has beat a half way decent team is well none of them. Still to early to tell who belongs in the bottom half of 5a but does it really matter? It's a 3 horse race and we all know that!

  • Author
I think Graves could be a top 10 team, if they win this week...definitely .

Graves County is on the BGP Radar, they were number 13 in this weeks rankings. They are close to cracking the Top 10.

Graves County is on the BGP Radar, they were number 13 in this weeks rankings. They are close to cracking the Top 10.

 

Just for curiosity's sake what was CovCath at?

They would easily beat 3 of the 4 teams mentioned above, Especially Covington! I have seen both Covington and BC in person. Covington could not score with BC. I would say of all the teams you mentioned, South Oldham is your best argument. The North game should be a close one only because of the rivalry! When you speak of schedules, you have no grounds to stand. The only team that has beat a half way decent team is well none of them. Still to early to tell who belongs in the bottom half of 5a but does it really matter? It's a 3 horse race and we all know that!

What team does Covington play for? Position?

I think it is hard to gauge where most teams are at this point in the season. Especially when you have some playing cupcakes and others playing tough teams.
This is well said Allday!

 

My opinion (and I'm going to lose my Purple Card for saying this) is that if you lose you drop. I know St X is good, but that wasn't the tone on here after the Simon Kenton scrimmage. I know Scott County is good. Either one of those teams could claim #3 6A right now because of WINS! Owensboro hasn't lost. They haven't played the competition that BG or Pulaski has, but right now they are undefeated and I think should be #1 . BG and Pulaski will both be better off for playing X and Scott Co respectively, but not right now. I just don't think you lose and hang. There is a risk in playing good teams. It helps you, but sometimes YOU have to pay the band.

Can you give a reason why BG is rated #1 ? They are not the current champions and they got destroyed last week. Pulaski Co. played a more competitive game against Scott Co., who according to the BP rankings is a better team than St. Xavier is.

 

Bowling Green out gained X on the stats, if it wasn't for the the turnovers and special teams blunders it may have been a lot closer. Also, Pulaski Co gave up almost 600 yds of offense to Scott Co.

I agree P88. Do I think Owensboro is as good as BG? We'll see ... Winning at BG is going to be tough. I would thing BG would be a big favorite.

 

To Owensboro's credit, everyone is downplaying their schedule, but Madisonville, Ocath and Warren Central are good programs. Mville is down, but WC played John Hardin to the final horn. Owensboro also schedules BG each year. I think 5a is still up in the air.

Bowling Green out gained X on the stats, if it wasn't for the the turnovers and special teams blunders it may have been a lot closer. Also, Pulaski Co gave up almost 600 yds of offense to Scott Co.

 

Stats?? Who cares about stats?? The only stat that matters 45-16

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.