New Aspartame-Free Diet Pepsi?

hidinout

I can't remember Pepsi ever being drinkable :puke:. Not even in the same ballpark as Coke.

Work for Coke right? Pepsi is fine. It's just what you are used to or what you were brought up on. One is just as drinkable as the other, but I get the brand loyalty. Growing up, when we were allowed to have one, we drank Pepsi probably because it was cheaper, cannot remember. We didn't get them often. I remember drinking lots of "ice water".

Work for Coke right? Pepsi is fine. It's just what you are used to or what you were brought up on. One is just as drinkable as the other, but I get the brand loyalty. Growing up, when we were allowed to have one, we drank Pepsi probably because it was cheaper, cannot remember. We didn't get them often. I remember drinking lots of "ice water".

:lol2: I just can't stand the taste of it, that's all.

:lol2: I just can't stand the taste of it, that's all.

I know, I was just yankin' the chain. I have a brother-in-law that has worked for Coke for years. Whenever we know he's coming to the house I have to make sure I don't have any Pepsi products. He literally will leave if he sees one. :lol2:

I know, I was just yankin' the chain. I have a brother-in-law that has worked for Coke for years. Whenever we know he's coming to the house I have to make sure I don't have any Pepsi products. He literally will leave if he sees one. :lol2:

Haha, that's a bit extreme!

I can't remember Pepsi ever being drinkable :puke:. Not even in the same ballpark as Coke.

I have drank Pepsi products the last 25 years but lately I've bought a few 2 liter bottles that taste flat. Thought it might have been a one time thing but a few weeks later bought Diet Pepsi at another store and it had the same flat taste. So for the last month I've switched over to Coke. Our golf course sells Coke products but not Pepsi, so I might as well get used to it anyway.

Believe it or not my boss told me that they had a lot of people wanting diet pepsi without the aspertane in it so they took it out and are using sweet-n-low if I'm not mistaken that's what he said. He said it sells a lot actually.

Using splenda.

• 2 years later...
As a looooooong time DP drinker I think the new stuff taste like absolute CRAP . Taste like chemical cola with no pepsi taste at all. I don't even find it drinkable . Opinions ?

Pepsi has gone back to using aspartame in all Dt. Pepsi products, trying to stem the sales decline in DT Pepsi over the past year or so I imagine.