Bundesliga on Fox Sports?

Habib

Fox Sports schedules a middle finger for American Bundesliga fans - Bavarian Football Works

This seems odd to me. I really enjoyed the Premier League on NBC this past year and I had the feeling it was relatively popular (at the least, what else would anyone turn on NBC Sports to watch? Powerlifting?). So, it surprises me Fox would buy the rights to the Bundesliga and not air their games outside of a subscription, especially when they have a perfect channel for it in FS1.

I doubt many Americans are diehard supporters of various clubs, but, like me, enjoyed the action, liked keeping up with it and finding a team to cheer for. I'd certainly tune into Bundesliga matches, but I have no reason to pay $20 a month when I can watch the Premier League on NBC.

I have no idea what Budesliga is. Is this something that most soccer fans would know of?

It's the top league in Germany. Bayern Munich, a popular club team chock full of talent, won it this year.

I, for one, was really excited about this pickup and this was one of the things I was really going to miss now that I'm cutting off cable.

Announcing this schedule, I'm thrilled that I made the cut. What a waste of effort. I'm not paying for Fox Soccer Plus and I'm not going back to watching sports in standard def.

Not a single game on Fox Sports 1 or on the network? Pointless. Do they have some dirt bike racing they need to air instead?

I, for one, was really excited about this pickup and this was one of the things I was really going to miss now that I'm cutting off cable.

Announcing this schedule, I'm thrilled that I made the cut. What a waste of effort. I'm not paying for Fox Soccer Plus and I'm not going back to watching sports in standard def.

Not a single game on Fox Sports 1 or on the network? Pointless. Do they have some dirt bike racing they need to air instead?

I used to get Fox Sports 2 in HD when I had AT&T. It was nice.

If they had half a brain for growing a product, they'd handle that league the same way NBC does the Premiership.

My son and I have adopted Borussia Dortmund as one of our international favorites. More of Aubameyang would be a very good thing. Maybe he wants American citizenship?

I was sad to see Jurgen Klopp go. I'm convinced he's a mad genius, even if the shine wore off a bit last season.

Very curious to see where he winds up.

When I cancelled my cable, I picked up Sling TV ($20 month TV streaming service). I got it just to have ESPN stations for college football and basketball (along with TNT that got me all the national NBA games as well), but I get BeIN Sport now, which I've never had before.

Spanish La Liga, French Ligue 1, and Italian Serie A, in addition to several other properties. I've never really watched any of those leagues and I'm sort of curious to see if I actually like them. I used to watch the occasional Serie A game back when Fox Soccer Channel owned the rights and I thought it was pretty dreadful, but we'll see.

When I cancelled my cable, I picked up Sling TV ($20 month TV streaming service). I got it just to have ESPN stations for college football and basketball (along with TNT that got me all the national NBA games as well), but I get BeIN Sport now, which I've never had before.

Spanish La Liga, French Ligue 1, and Italian Serie A, in addition to several other properties. I've never really watched any of those leagues and I'm sort of curious to see if I actually like them. I used to watch the occasional Serie A game back when Fox Soccer Channel owned the rights and I thought it was pretty dreadful, but we'll see.

Serie A is awesome. Juventus is a beast, plus Inter, of course, but I love watching Lazio. They have a keeper, Marchetti I think, who would make a great lunatic safety in the NFL. Dude is a BEAST.

That's not a bad deal. I kicked around the prospect of picking up beIN as a Roku channel last year just to get into La Liga. That would have been $10 a month.

Serie A is awesome. Juventus is a beast, plus Inter, of course, but I love watching Lazio. They have a keeper, Marchetti I think, who would make a great lunatic safety in the NFL. Dude is a BEAST.

I'd heard that recent years had been kind to the league. I remember reading an article that as new blood had filtered into the league, the last vestiges of that catenaccio style of extreme defense and sitting back was really fading from the league and that Mourinho's Inter side that beat Bayern in the 2010 Champions League final was the culmination of that change. I did enjoy the two games I saw Juventus play in the Champions League this year.

I'd heard that recent years had been kind to the league. I remember reading an article that as new blood had filtered into the league, the last vestiges of that catenaccio style of extreme defense and sitting back was really fading from the league and that Mourinho's Inter side that beat Bayern in the 2010 Champions League final was the culmination of that change. I did enjoy the two games I saw Juventus play in the Champions League this year.

If any league can get tough to watch, too physical, plodding, and overly defensive, it is the mid-to-lower level teams in the Bundesliga. There isn't a ton of speed and dynamic athleticism in that league, so it (to me) can get tough to watch at times.

I am not going to pay any money to watch Bayern buy all of the best players from the other teams in the league and then win the league by the end of March. The only ending more predictable than a Bundesliga season is the one in the movie Titanic. La Liga would be great to get, but BeIn is cost prohibitive through current cable provider. Something about Atletico fascinates me.