July 18, 20179 yr I just saw this referenced in a social media post. It's a live video broadcast from Cincinnati WLWT news on Facebook from when Sam Dubose's family was making their statement after the announcement was made for no retrial this afternoon. The absolutely stupefying number of overtly racist comments being made leaves no doubt in my mind that Officer Tensing would have never been convicted for this. Wow. Racism really does still abound. LIVE: Family of Sam DuBose speaks out. Not going to read those but I would agree. The comments on news media's fb pages are disgusting.
July 18, 20179 yr Look who we are talking about. I can't see it worth the risk of doing something to ruin a career and risk disbarment in a high profile case like this.
July 19, 20179 yr Has anyone heard anything about Dubose dying of a particular disease when he was shot? A local news source who sat in on the trial told someone that and was baffled as to why it was never brought up. Not sure the significance but still curious why it was never mentioned if true.
July 19, 20179 yr Has anyone heard anything about Dubose dying of a particular disease when he was shot? A local news source who sat in on the trial told someone that and was baffled as to why it was never brought up. Not sure the significance but still curious why it was never mentioned if true. I found a couple of articles that dabbled in the discussion of his medical records, but couldn't locate anything that specifically referenced his disease, or what it might've been. Motion for medical records granted; DuBose had serious illness | WKRC Attorney seeking Sam DuBose medical records
July 19, 20179 yr Have you been on UC's campus perimeter? I have worked there. Some pretty rough areas. I have gotten off work many times at night seeing young students, particularly women walking in these areas as if they didn't have a care in the world. I have no doubt that they were sometimes headed off to off campus parties where at the very least, alcohol would be served. I am personally glad that none of my kids chose UC for that very reason. If they did, I would be all for increasing off campus stops by police. I currently live at UC as my wife works there. The outskirts is definitely rough I agree. The brand new Kroger is really nice, but after a few months of being open we would rather drive to Oakley or Newport to go to Kroger rather than 1 minute drive to that one. While it has been cleaned up alot in the past couple of years it is still pretty sketchy especially for me who has lived in the country my whole life. Used to hear cows moo as I sleep and I now her ambulances and police sirens. I do think UC has kept campus safe in my opinion, but once you hit MLK and Vine its a whole different ball game.
July 19, 20179 yr I currently live at UC as my wife works there. The outskirts is definitely rough I agree. The brand new Kroger is really nice, but after a few months of being open we would rather drive to Oakley or Newport to go to Kroger rather than 1 minute drive to that one. While it has been cleaned up alot in the past couple of years it is still pretty sketchy especially for me who has lived in the country my whole life. Used to hear cows moo as I sleep and I now her ambulances and police sirens. I do think UC has kept campus safe in my opinion, but once you hit MLK and Vine its a whole different ball game. The campus itself is very safe. We all know students don't always stay on campus. In all fairness I know UC grads who loved it there. As a parent, I would not sleep at night knowing what lurks a block away.
July 19, 20179 yr High crime areas. One afternoon a man was shot and stumbled into our lobby. A worker held at gunpoint walking to his car. Those are the two bigger incidents. Cars broken into, local apartments robbed. My comments (which came as result of reading the article) were about minor traffic violations, not about shootings and robberies. I still content that increasing the number of tickets/offenses for minor traffic violations is not going to make the public safer.
July 19, 20179 yr My comments (which came as result of reading the article) were about minor traffic violations, not about shootings and robberies. I still content that increasing the number of tickets/offenses for minor traffic violations is not going to make the public safer. Good point, but I respectfully disagree. I am not a police officer, but, through work, I have contact with them from time to time. I don't see anything wrong with minor traffic violations as a way to show a police presence. Most officers know their trouble makers. Pulling them over for a traffic violation to let them know you are watching them is ok in my book. It sends a message. Some may look at it as targeting and harassment, but if it discourages troublemakers from cruising the streets around by my kid's college, I support that 100%. This may have been what Tensing was doing. Unfortunately, the result was disastrous. Certainly should not have ended that way. Edited July 19, 20179 yr by Beechwoodfan
July 24, 20179 yr So if you're Ray Tensing do you continue to live in Cincinnati or do you move far, far away?
July 25, 20179 yr Any violence on the bridge tonight? March for Ray Tensing was cancelled due to threats to the organizer and public safety concerns. BLM marched at the spot instead. Have not heard of any violence.
July 25, 20179 yr My comments (which came as result of reading the article) were about minor traffic violations, not about shootings and robberies. I still content that increasing the number of tickets/offenses for minor traffic violations is not going to make the public safer. So who decides which laws the police enforce and dont enforce? Who decides which ones are most important?
July 25, 20179 yr Author Police union votes 'no-confidence' in Prosecutor Joe Deters after second Tensing trial - WCPO Cincinnati, OH Looks like Deters has ticked off the police force with his strong comments.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.