June 23, 20179 yr There are hardly any people protesting this trial as it is. I could see, like last time, a peaceful march downtown but there will not be rioting or reasons to fear protest, IMO. Cincinnati and the black community have come a long way since the Timothy Thomas riots and they continue to work and update their collaborative agreement put in place after those riots. I only have knowledge of 1 business downtown, but I know they are taking all precautions necessary in the case of a riot.
June 23, 20179 yr Author I only have knowledge of 1 business downtown, but I know they are taking all precautions necessary in the case of a riot. My friend's son is working in the Clifton area. He is packing, just in case.
June 23, 20179 yr I think we're looking at another hung. Personally, I think the jury wanted an involuntary option. I agree. There would be no 2nd trial if the first jury had that option too.
June 23, 20179 yr Third times the charm. Have to add Reckless Homicide to the charges. If they can't add a new charge, they need to not retry him.
June 23, 20179 yr Casey Anthony should have taught every lawyer to go after charges that stick, not charges that they think they're good enough to convince a jury of beyond reasonable doubt.
June 23, 20179 yr Third times the charm. Have to add Reckless Homicide to the charges. So what does a conviction of Reckless Homicide bring? I heard a 6 month jail sentence and I would bet that he serves zero days in jail. The simple solution to this whole mess would be to obey the law and do what you are instructed to do. Just heard some idiot on television compare the DuBose death to that of Otto Warmbier. Lets talk about clueless. And then we get the Cincinnati politicians talking and we all know why that is happening. Another joke.
June 23, 20179 yr They had two chances to try him. I think it is time to let it go. Just saw a guy on TV saying they should keep trying him, even if it takes 5 trials, until he is found guilty. I think that is a bit unrealistic. I was very pleased to hear the Dubose family asking the public to remain peaceful.
June 23, 20179 yr Just saw the woman on TV comparing Otto Warmbier and Sam Dubose. That was just ignorant. The two have nothing to do with each other.
June 23, 20179 yr Apparently the family didn't want lesser charges. Understandable, but they have no choice if they want round 3.
June 24, 20179 yr Apparently the family didn't want lesser charges. Understandable, but they have no choice if they want round 3. I am not an attorney, so I am interested to know, 1. How much influence does the family have in charges filed? How does this weigh in a prosecutor interested in a high profile case? 2. How much is the city of Cincinnati willing to pay to prosecute vs the cost of being politically correct? 3. Is it really legal to prosecute a man twice with the option of prosecuting him a third time on lesser charges if it doesn't work the first two times?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.