Prayers please....

PurpleHaze

I just wanted to ask for prayers. Dad is in the last stages of his life. Hospice has advised us to stop dialysis and stop his tube feeding. He is getting medications for his comfort. He is at home. My heart is very heavy. As most of you know, I lost my husband, PurpleHaze in March....now my dad will be joining him soon....we were told it could be a couple of days to a couple weeks...He is not suffering at all....We, his family, are. All I can ask for is prayers and not to judge on stopping his dialysis and feedings. I am feeling guilty enough already. Mom, my brother, and I will not let him suffer...we did give him half of his feeding tonight. As his body shuts down...as it has started, feedings will only make him suffer more. Just please pray for him to have a peaceful passing with no pain as my beautiful husband, Michael did...Thank you all so much!

I just wanted to ask for prayers. Dad is in the last stages of his life. Hospice has advised us to stop dialysis and stop his tube feeding. He is getting medications for his comfort. He is at home. My heart is very heavy. As most of you know, I lost my husband, PurpleHaze in March....now my dad will be joining him soon....we were told it could be a couple of days to a couple weeks...He is not suffering at all....We, his family, are. All I can ask for is prayers and not to judge on stopping his dialysis and feedings. I am feeling guilty enough already. Mom, my brother, and I will not let him suffer...we did give him half of his feeding tonight. As his body shuts down...as it has started, feedings will only make him suffer more. Just please pray for him to have a peaceful passing with no pain as my beautiful husband, Michael did...Thank you all so much!

A tough decision, and one that I can totally support.

I will pray the rosary for you and your family every night for the next month. Death is an incredible weight for all of us to endure throughout life, but yours has been an incredible burden as of late. I'll be praying for the repose of your love ones' souls, and for the comfort of the Holy Spirit in your life.

Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. There is no need for anyone to judge stopping feeding when a person is in Hospice. I know your father is not in pain. Hospice can be a wonderful thing and the social workers were so great when we experienced this with my own Mom in 2011. God Bless you and your family during this time.

You all have always been such a wonderful support system! Dad is now not at home. He was struggling to breathe today. He is now in the Hospice House. He is now out of pain and is resting very well. It is so hard. I really love and believe in God, however, my faith is really being tested right now. I am so angry at God ever since PH, Mike passed away. I hate being mad at Him and I am really trying to get over it. I am so thankful for your prayers because I do believe in the power of prayers, however, I have been unable to pray, I just can't. I want my dad to go fast and with no pain....Later in July, Hospice will be having group grief counseling. I will be going to that. Hospice had a Chaplin to talk with me. I told him how I felt. He said that it is alright to be upset with God because he is our father....I have never been this angry with Him, nor have I found it impossible to pray. Maybe this counseling will help with that. Again, thank you all for picking up the prayers for my dad as I just can't....my heart is so broken right now. I have never lost anyone that I loved before Mike....I just can't believe dad will be leaving so close behind him. Please know I love each and everyone of you as I have always....We have a wonderful BGP family!