State AAU too big for the KBA?

There are always issues with the KBA, can they ever solve those issues?

But this thread is about how many teams that are now at the state ASU tourney. You now have many games off site, officials having too many games in a day, can't find enough time keepers and scorers, and having to wait about 7 hours at times between games.

Has the state AAU become too big for the KBA? I know, where else would they hold it. But at least have the possibility of having the 15u on another weekend? As with the amount of teams that are there now, just having the 16u and 17u the same weeks would be plenty of teams.

Move the entire event to Louisville and play it at Expo Center!!! 12-16 courts if I'm not mistaken and certainly if the event can handle the AAU HS Nationals it is certainly able to handle the State tourney. This weekend was an absolute joke and I will agree with the previous post on games running behind 1-2 hours and the officials working FAR TOO MANY games as well as being unqualified to even be on the court! Not speaking for every official as there are some very good one's across the State but just because you put on a striped shirt doesn't make you an official!! AAU coaches expect and deserve to have games officiated correctly and by competent (and in decent shape) officials who can get up and down the floor!!

the officials working FAR TOO MANY games as well as being unqualified to even be on the court! Not speaking for every official as there are some very good one's across the State but just because you put on a striped shirt doesn't make you an official!! AAU coaches expect and deserve to have games officiated correctly and by competent (and in decent shape) officials who can get up and down the floor!!

Its all about the money. AAU, OFFICIALS, KBA all could care less. More kids & teams + games = more money.

Its all about the money. AAU, OFFICIALS, KBA all could care less. More kids & teams + games = more money.

And this further proves my point. Let this continue and watch just how many teams DON'T show up for the State tourney. Far too many other tourneys within a 2 hour radius that could be taken advantage of. The State tourney is my son's team only trip to KBA and we are the oldest program in NKY and well respected and strongly considering playing elsewhere in the future. To each his own but the rep will catch up to KBA if changes aren't made.

And this further proves my point. Let this continue and watch just how many teams DON'T show up for the State tourney. Far too many other tourneys within a 2 hour radius that could be taken advantage of. The State tourney is my son's team only trip to KBA and we are the oldest program in NKY and well respected and strongly considering playing elsewhere in the future. To each his own but the rep will catch up to KBA if changes aren't made.

Its not just the Kba. If your son or daughter had played in the Lebron tournament or any other big tournament it's all the same.

Its not just the Kba. If your son or daughter had played in the Lebron tournament or any other big tournament it's all the same.

Couldn't disagree more! Played in King James multiple times and NEVER have we had refs that ref'd 13 games in one day. Additionally, King James is used as an evaluation tournament/camp for referees so they are on top of their game with proper rest obviously. I've been on the AAU Circuit for nearly 15 years and coached the last 10 and this was the worst it has ever been. Time will speak for it's self.

About $600 for 2 games of pool play, then one and out. Fee for team to be registered with AAU, fee for each coach to be registered with AAU, and fee for each player to be registered with AAU.

Having officials who work too many games per day. Not enough people to work the clock and keep the books. Games having to be stopped constantly as the scorebook or scoreboard are wrong. Games running and hour or two hours late. Teams having to wait about 6 hours between games.

Too much money and too many issues.