Bengals Schedule Released

A couple quick thoughts:

At first glance, the road schedule appears favorable. At Oakland, Buffalo & Arizona are all very winnable games. I know Arizona has been solid lately, but I think the Bengals are better.

It is always nice to play Denver late, especially with Peyton. There is always the chance they'll rest Peyton. There's also the chance that he won't be able to throw the ball nearly as effectively in late December in Denver on a Monday night.

I hate finishing the season with Baltimore. Normally something important is on the line, and it seems like there is always a scenario that has Cincy & Baltimore matched up in the 1st round of the playoffs. I don't trust Marvin enough to have him play the same team two weeks in a row.

I find it very strange that the Bengals play early in week 9, then late in week 10. Thursday night vs. Cleveland (Week 9) then Monday night vs. Houston (Week 10). Seems like the NFL would prevent that.

I like going to Pittsburgh after the bye. Pitt will be playing Kansas City while the Bengals are at home getting some rest.

I'm glad the bye is later than it was last year. Last year it was way too early.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals actually got a favorable break with only one stretch of back to back road games in Weeks 15/16. They have a bye between there other two games where they are away from home 2 consecutive games.

They do face very good or decent QB's until they get Buffalo in mid October. This schedule could be more difficult if they had unfavorable stretches away from home. They get Baltimore at home the last week and Flacco has been awful at PBS. Don't know why, but he has. Harbaugh has lost more games at PBS than any other stadium.

It is is really ridiculous to try and predict anything, though. Injuries and other variables always come into play that we have no clue right now how that will affect matchups.

LRCW cryin' about the Bengals opening up with the sorry Raiders is funny. Give me a break.

Said nothing about opening up with the Raiders. Said they are opening on the road for the 6th straight year.

The Bengals better hope they aren't in a tight race for the playoffs come the last month of the season because if they are they are in big time trouble. That last half of the schedule is brutal.

Agreed. The last 4 games last year were very similar and just about as Brutal with Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Denver, Pittsburgh again. San Fran may not end up being that good of a team. They lost a lot, and even their defense may not be as good anymore. So if they could find away to go at least 2 and 2 in those 4 games like they did last year, then they could be alright. However anything less than 2 and 2 in those last 4 games would make it very hard to make it.

Should go 10-6 or 11-5. Not a difficult schedule at all IMO.

I feel like it is a difficult schedule in terms of teams they have to play. However how the schedule was set up, it didn't make it that hard. Not to mention getting to play Kansas City and Seattle at home is huge because those two places would have been very hard places to play on the road at for the Bengals with how loud those stadiums get.

The Bengals basically should be able to play with any of these teams and beat most of them. However they key for them is if they stay more healthy this year than last.

9/13 @Oakland W

9/20 vs. San Diego W

9/27 @ Baltimore L

10/4 vs. KC W

10/11 vs. Seattle L

10/18 @ Buffalo W

10/25 BYE

11/1 @ Pitt. L

11/5 vs. Cleveland W

11/16 vs. Houston W

11/22 @ Arizona L

11/29 vs. St. Louis W

12/6 @ Cleveland W

12/13 vs. Pitt. W

12/20 @ San Fran W

12/28 @ Denver L

1/3 vs. Baltimore W

Ok I am changing my Bengals prediction to 11 and 5 now after looking at it a little closer.