April 7, 201511 yr Interestingly absent from this thread is NCF and his "classy" Wisconsin posts...:idunno: Yea never heard anything after the game.:sssh::speechless:
April 7, 201511 yr Yea never heard anything after the game.:sssh::speechless: He's busy googling to see if the b10 won a match in tiddlywinks.
April 7, 201511 yr If Cal criticized "rent a player" he would have been crucifying himself. When he initially said it, I whole heartedly believe that he was referring to "One & Done" players. But he quickly followed it up with saying something about 5th Year Players that transfer in for a year. Almost like he was trying to immediately save himself from ridicule. But everyone will probably think he meant "One & Done" guys.
April 7, 201511 yr Doesn't seem like a smart thing to say. With WI's run the past two years they should be in the hunt for those top one and done players. Seems like this would turn any possibilities away.
April 7, 201511 yr How about if he complained about the refs? I agree Cal would have been ridiculed about the refs.
April 7, 201511 yr It is nothing that 90% of the coaches including Coach K has said in the past when talking about UK. Coach K said he would never recruit a one and done player. Its just the frustration of the times. As far as the officiating, he didn't say anything that anyone watching the games this year hasn't said. I made a statement before the game started about the officials would do their best to help Duke. Officials were horrible both ways.
April 7, 201511 yr Bo needs to take lessons from Coach Cal on how to remain classy after a loss. I'm sensing sarcasm, aren't I?
April 7, 201511 yr Again, stick a mic into raw emotion and you're often going to get ugly comments. Doesn't make it right but it happens
April 7, 201511 yr I'm sensing sarcasm, aren't I? Actually no. Cal always handles these things with class. He did after the loss Saturday night and didn't make excuses. Bo is the total opposite. It wasn't sarcastic at all.
April 7, 201511 yr I'm sure Bo Ryan was okay with Duke's 2 best players riding the pine in the 1st half because of foul trouble. I'm still confident that Bronson Koenig could be called for a Charge just about every time up the court. If a defender of Koenig could learn to hold his position while Koenig is using his arm for separation, they would get Bronson in some foul trouble rather quickly. Just my 2 Cents! I think Bo would have been more happy with Okafor on the court. The Duke foul trouble was just what they needed to exploit Wisconsin's weaknesses.
April 7, 201511 yr I think the play that really irritated Bo was when Jones did the pull up jumper, jumped into the defender, used his off arm to push the defender away and hit him in the face and a foul was called on the Wisconsin player. The thing that hurt officiating in this final four even more than the inconsistency was the ridiculously obvious calls 3 officials missed. You miss one of those and it's an embarrassment and a red flag. There were multiple ones in this final four
April 7, 201511 yr Coach K complained about the officiating during his halftime interview. Why isn't anything being said about that?
April 7, 201511 yr Let me preface this by saying that I have not heard nor read Bo's comments yet. Nonetheless, this Final Four exemplified that the NCAA needs to change its rules with regard to replay. They have the technology & it needs to be implemented so that the officials can get the call RIGHT. In the Kentucky / Wisconsin game, Wisconsin clearly scored a basket after the shot clock had expired with approximately 2:35 remaining in the game. It is not reviewable because it was not under 2:00. Calipari called a timeout in an effort to sway the officials to review the play. It didn't work. NCAA needs to establish some type of "challenge" system if they're going to have these types of rules. In last night's championship game, there were several calls that were missed. Early on, there were several very close calls that could've gone either way (mostly out of bounds calls, but several others). I'm not advocating that we stop & review every play, but there is technology available to review important plays & get the call right -- that is my main goal.
April 7, 201511 yr Again, stick a mic into raw emotion and you're often going to get ugly comments. Doesn't make it right but it happens Yeah, put me in that position and it will be like the scene in Happy Gilmore where everything is getting beeped out while the PGA officials watch him melt down on video.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.