Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pirates @Reds series (4/6-4/9/15)

Featured Replies

I agree, the only swing in two straight at bats was the Home Run. He has to swing more with guys on base so I can see more HR.

 

Again, Votto hits over .400 on balls in the strike the zone. On balls out of the zone, he hits under .200. Why are we wanting him to swing at more pitches again?

  • Replies 166
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I don't know if anyone is watching on tv but I snagged a liner off the bat of BP in the 7th. Everyone said I made the video board and it was a nice grab. If anyone can get a video that would be awesome but I don't know if it made TV. They gave me an award and some coupons which is pretty cool. attachment.php?attachmentid=50065

 

Just rewound the DVR. Sorry, but they didn't give you any air time. Heard some cheers, but no air time or mention of the catch by Thom or Chris.

I don't know if anyone is watching on tv but I snagged a liner off the bat of BP in the 7th. Everyone said I made the video board and it was a nice grab. If anyone can get a video that would be awesome but I don't know if it made TV. They gave me an award and some coupons which is pretty cool. [ATTACH=CONFIG]50065[/ATTACH]

 

Pretty neat to see the Reds do something like this. This was the first foul ball that I've ever caught which made it extra special for me. Still the best part of the day for me was the Reds sweep!

 

image.jpg

How did we win? Did Byrdie go bye bye or what?

 

Hit a rocket to Palanco in short right. He misplayed it. Still, put the bat on the ball and something good may happen.

Again, Votto hits over .400 on balls in the strike the zone. On balls out of the zone, he hits under .200. Why are we wanting him to swing at more pitches again?

 

Of course I want him to swing at good pitches but when he strikes out looking without swinging at one strike, I call that a bad AB. He need to swing especially with runners on. But not like Bruce, who swings at everything and hits very little.

Kinda still in a little shock. Sitting there watching the games and waiting for them to come up short. They conditioned me last year to think that way. Fingers crossed this grittiness continues.

162-0

 

Did Calipari take over for Bryan Price?

These rain delays are killing me. Only 15,600 fans announced, but with only 14 vendors down stars, you can still make some $$$. Things were going well til the rain.

 

Oh well, glad the Reds got that sweep!

 

Hope @gchs_uk9 had a good time with his boy.

Pretty neat to see the Reds do something like this. This was the first foul ball that I've ever caught which made it extra special for me. Still the best part of the day for me was the Reds sweep!

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50067[/ATTACH]

 

The Reds are great for stuff like that. I was with a friend of mine when he took his son to his first Reds game. They gave him a certificate with his name printed on it. "My First Reds Game" or something like that. My buddy had it framed and put up in the kid's room. It was pretty cool.

Again, Votto hits over .400 on balls in the strike the zone. On balls out of the zone, he hits under .200. Why are we wanting him to swing at more pitches again?

 

I think that the issue is the borderline pitches. I understand your argument about being selective but Votto does take a lot of strike three borderline pitches when he can potentially put them in play and potentially drive in a run. Not taking anything away from Votto because he is an absolute difference maker when healthy. I just don't like to see anyone taking when they are down a couple of strikes with guys in scoring position when the pitch is so close to a strike.

I think Polanco was too busy trying to A - figure out if he was going to have to dive to catch it (he didn't) or B - get in position to throw Frazier out if he did catch it (don't think Frazier would have tested him if he catches it cleanly as he was in short RF / deep 2B)

 

Desclafani looked good. Definitely outpitched Latos!!! :)

Did Calipari take over for Bryan Price?

 

That would mean they will go 172-4 with the 4 coming at the end.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.