Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Webber slams UK & WCS

Featured Replies

Yes. :lol2:

 

I feel the same way, but I have a good friend who keeps saying he thinks he'll be back. I keep telling him he has nothing to come back for, and that his stock won't be any higher. He keeps using how much WCS loves the college experience as his reason.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not completely true. He had the ball in the post a few times with Connaughton on him and didn't do anything. No moves.

 

Guys pass out of the post all the time. Point is it's not something they ask or need him to do. His post game needs a lot of work, I agree.

Much ado about nothing. I think UK fans just look for things to get up in arms about.

 

CWebb's assertion about Willie and DeAndre Jordan was way off base though. Jordan averaged just 7.5 ppg and 6 rpg in college.

 

Willie projects more of a Tyson Chandler though anyways.

 

This and this and this again. I'm with you 100%.

^ Yes, LRCW, I would be shocked ... he needs to go now. His draft stock is as high as it ever will be IMO.

I think he has passed D'Angelo Russell and is projected as the #3 pick now is what I heard somewhere.

Did he try to do anything? I don't recall him posting Connaughton up at all.

 

That's the problem. He didn't try anything.

That sounds about like a Chris Webber reference.

 

He should have called a time out to discuss it.

Who is Chris Weber never heard of her?

I think he has passed D'Angelo Russell and is projected as the #3 pick now is what I heard somewhere.

 

Wow, that is surprising. I guess being 7' and athletic has it's benefits. :D

Who is Chris Weber never heard of her?

 

QB for the Rams back in the early 90's I think

Wow, that is surprising. I guess being 7' and athletic has it's benefits. :D
Yeah, it definitely appears that way.

Time out. Does anyone really care what Chris Webber has to say?

The strength of this UK team is their depth. That's what sets them apart and I think that when things are all said and done, they go down much like the '96 team did.

 

Ton of guys on the roster who eventually played in the pros, a few All-Star appearances, all that, but no one guy who is a dominant force in the way that Davis, Wall, or Cousins is. Maybe that's Towns, but at the same time, I think he has a way to go to be there as well.

 

Like '96, this group just comes at you in so many waves that they wind up just outlasting you if nothing else. Teams aren't supposed to be this full of talent that plays so well together.

 

I compare this team to '96 more than '12 too because in '12, Davis was just a force of nature, where we really don't have the same kind of one-man show this season (and I know in '12 we had Jones and MKG, who have also lasted in the NBA, as well as Teague and Lamb, who had some time in the league).

 

However, I look at '15 as one with more guys who'll be in the league for awhile, and who will carve out a career that spans the better part of a decade (as opposed to Lamb, Teague, Miller). As a collection, I see more similarities from this group to the pro accomplishments of the Walker, Delk, Mercer, Anderson, Pope, McCarty, Mohammed (raw Fr). What I mean by that is a group with talent across the board, but no real game-changers who have "definite franchise cornerstone" written all over them, but some talented players who'll make an NBA living, and just out of the sheer volume of them, there'll be somewhat of a mixed bag on their success (some of which they might not really be able to control, i.e., being drafted by a well run vs. horrible franchise).

I think he has passed D'Angelo Russell and is projected as the #3 pick now is what I heard somewhere.

 

My quick search of NBA mocks has yet to show him as higher than 6 to Sacramento.

My quick search of NBA mocks has yet to show him as higher than 6 to Sacramento.

 

He's 6th on draft express (was 5th, but Justise just passed him up) and 8th on Chad Ford's rankings at the moment...

My quick search of NBA mocks has yet to show him as higher than 6 to Sacramento.

 

He's 6th on draft express (was 5th, but Justise just passed him up) and 8th on Chad Ford's rankings at the moment...

 

I could have heard wrong or the person talking may have been misinformed. It was on talk radio but I can't remember who it was talking. A guest on a show. Heard it yesterday.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.