Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TBS vs. CBS

Featured Replies

Why would TBS be awarded the Final Four games? With ratings that could, no doubt, be historic; TBS is given the rights instead of CBS.

 

How does this work?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

How does this work?

 

$$$

Have no idea. But, guessing I'm going to have to find an internet feed, as I'll be at my Mom and Dad's place next weekend for Easter, and all they have is over-the-air TV.

TBS coverage is terrible. TBS is not even HD with my provider

  • Author
Its 2015 people. Get out of the stone age.

 

You're thinking like a consumer. Try thinking like a business.

 

The NCAA has to know that CBS would get them greater ratings than TBS. WHY would they allow lower ratings on a cable network when they could have high ratings on CBS?

TBS announcers suck

TBS after game reporters suck

You're thinking like a consumer. Try thinking like a business.

 

 

I'd say your thinking is in reverse.

 

TBS getting a Final 4 as part of their massive bid to make every tournament game available was simply business on their part. CBS got the front loaded portion, keeping the Final 4 from 2011-2014 and TBS and CBS will now rotate the Final 4 through 2024.

 

The NCAA opted out of an 11 year 6 billion dollar deal with 3 years left for the new 14 year, 11 billion expansion with CBS and Turner in 2010. Turner outbid an aggressive deal from ESPN that would have included the same type of Final 4 broadcast schedule. It was, as always, all about the $$$...

.. I thought TBS was the Central Channel and CBS and TruTV were like Individual Channels. Like CBS follows say Kentucky and TruTV follows Wisconsin and TBS was neutral.

Jim Nantz and Bill Rafferty are doing the Final 4 along with Grant Hill. I think that's a great team. The only thing I would like better is if Jay Bilas replaced Hill.

I'd say your thinking is in reverse.

 

TBS getting a Final 4 as part of their massive bid to make every tournament game available was simply business on their part. CBS got the front loaded portion, keeping the Final 4 from 2011-2014 and TBS and CBS will now rotate the Final 4 through 2024.

 

The NCAA opted out of an 11 year 6 billion dollar deal with 3 years left for the new 14 year, 11 billion expansion with CBS and Turner in 2010. Turner outbid an aggressive deal from ESPN that would have included the same type of Final 4 broadcast schedule. It was, as always, all about the $$$...

 

The Final Four was on TBS last year. They did that teamcast thing with TBS, TNT, and tru-TV. The semifinals were the most watched college basketball games in cable TV history (ND/UK broke that record). So what and when are they rotating?

 

The championship game will remain on CBS, correct?

I feel bad for those without cable, several where I work fall into that category.

 

I'd prefer the games on CBS, but as long as the result is what I'm looking for, I don't care!

I feel bad for those without cable, several where I work fall into that category.

 

I'd prefer the games on CBS, but as long as the result is what I'm looking for, I don't care!

 

Honestly, I only feel sorry for those who can't afford cable/sat, and it seems that even those folks will sacrifice somewhere else to make sure they've got the channels they want. I'm guessing that's not the case with your co-workers. With cable/sat being so widely available, it seems most people who don't have cable/satellite TV do so because they choose not to, for whatever reason.

Honest question, do you know anyone that has only basic cable? Not counting the folks that have gone to all streaming service.

Jim Nantz and Bill Rafferty are doing the Final 4 along with Grant Hill. I think that's a great team. The only thing I would like better is if Jay Bilas replaced Hill.

Grant Hill is just ok. 10 times better than Chris Webber, but that is not saying much and can be considered a slap in the face to Hill. The whole schtick with the NBA guys coming in to cover these games is annoying to me. It's painfully obvious that Webber, Barkley, Smith, etc. watch no college basketball. Also, the worst hire of late for ESPN has been Shane Battier. In studio he is ok, but calling games he is dreadful.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.