March 30, 201511 yr I admit that I am a KY fan but I have to say that Elmore and Doug Gottlieb are truly horrific announcers. I have no clue why anyone with a sound mind would let them be on television, giving their opinions. I watched a little of the Maryland/Buffalo and some of the West Virginia/Maryland game and he was so biased for Maryland that it was really tough to listen to. He also rambles on and on instead of just interjecting thought out opinions when necessary. Elmore could not have been more biased against KY. I understand that some of the announcers do not like Ky, but they should at least be respectful of the players and call a solid game. While I am on my soap box, does anyone understand why Kellogg was taken off of the games? He is way better at analysis than these other announcers on CBS or TBS. What happened there?
March 30, 201511 yr I admit that I am a KY fan but I have to say that Elmore and Doug Gottlieb are truly horrific announcers. I have no clue why anyone with a sound mind would let them be on television, giving their opinions. I watched a little of the Maryland/Buffalo and some of the West Virginia/Maryland game and he was so biased for Maryland that it was really tough to listen to. He also rambles on and on instead of just interjecting thought out opinions when necessary. Elmore could not have been more biased against KY. I understand that some of the announcers do not like Ky, but they should at least be respectful of the players and call a solid game. While I am on my soap box, does anyone understand why Kellogg was taken off of the games? He is way better at analysis than these other announcers on CBS or TBS. What happened there? Greg Anthony was set to be on the lead crew, but he .....
March 30, 201511 yr Yes, but I do not think he was better than Kellogg either. I always thought it was strange that Kellogg was replaced.
March 30, 201511 yr Personally, I'm not a fan of a three-man booth for any sports. Too many potential talkers that feel the need to talk during the game. Everybody has to get their points in. A two-man booth is much more enjoyable, especially when they let plays and the game marinate a little without talking. How do you feel about 1 man and 2 idiots?
March 30, 201511 yr Honest question, do you know anyone that has only basic cable? Not counting the folks that have gone to all streaming service. Ummmm .... yes, I only have basic cable. :o
March 30, 201511 yr Ummmm .... yes, I only have basic cable. :o So you only have channels 2-14, or whatever it may be in your area? Do you have a PC at home in which you can watch though?
March 30, 201511 yr Greg Anthony was set to be on the lead crew, but he ..... but he....should be back! Who cares if he's a freak outside the studio? I miss him!
March 30, 201511 yr So you only have channels 2-14, or whatever it may be in your area? Do you have a PC at home in which you can watch though? I don't think you can even get a package like that anymore. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Time Warner's basic cable has 70 channels.
March 30, 201511 yr Weber sucks bad. That 3 man crew they had for the Kentucky/ND game was pitiful. True, but at least they got rid of Marv Albert. He was horrendous on Thur night.
March 31, 201511 yr Funny, I never heard any of it. Enjoyed the game immensely. Saturday night I was talking to RTS during the game. Thursday, I listened to a pod cast of Clyde Lewis during the game. Normally, I listen to music. I don't miss the announcers at all, anymore.
April 1, 201511 yr I don't think you can even get a package like that anymore. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Time Warner's basic cable has 70 channels. Not sure of all the details, but I think there is a package that's actually called "basic" that is less than 70 channels. It includes channels 1-28 maybe, in the TWC area. The package I'm guessing you have is the next tier and includes ESPN, the Turner channels. Basically everything up to like channel 72. The first package is considerably cheaper than the second but includes mostly over the air channels.
April 1, 201511 yr Yes, but I do not think he was better than Kellogg either. I always thought it was strange that Kellogg was replaced. Kellogg requested to go to the studio. I don't remember why, or if he even gave a reason. But, it was his call.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.