Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 Gonzaga 52

Featured Replies

  • Author
To clear any possible confusion, my previous question about Gonzaga was not meant as a knock on Duke. Blue Devils looked good. Just not sure how to process this Gonzaga team.

 

Honestly, watching them today, I think they were the best team to not be in the Final Four. They were a really good team, Duke is just that much better.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had to chose an opponent to get to the final 4 and my options were N.Dame, Arizona, or Gonzaga.................I would chose Gonzaga

Honestly, watching them today, I think they were the best team to not be in the Final Four. They were a really good team, Duke is just that much better.

 

I'd rank them:

 

1. Notre Dame

2. Gonzaga

3. Arizona

4. Louisville

You mean like the balance in ncaa mens basketball from 1964 to 1975 when UCLA put togethe

r 10 titles in 12 seasons and

had the bulk of the best players in the country all on one team................sounds like

uconn women to me..........no balance at all

 

They also had easy paths to the Final 4 with not many good teams in the West during those days.

They also had easy paths to the Final 4 with not many good teams in the West during those days.

 

Avg margin of victory in championship games was 14 pts. No one looked very good comparatively.......Still, I do think they had a couple 6 or 7 point wins vs FSU, UK and NOVA during that run of dominance

Unbeatable.

 

Great comparison I heard last night was Winslow to MKG. Makes perfect sense. In UK's run in 2012 I never had much fear not because of Davis, but because of MKG's intangible qualities.

Nothing to see here. Duke sucks and they had the easiest road to the Final Four. Hell, the committee set it up so Duke could play a 7 seed to make the championship game. Duke sucks so bad and the NCAA coddles those spoiled brats. Duke sucks.

There is a cherry on top hidden out there....

 

Nah. Duke sucks. No cherry.

  • Author
Nothing to see here. Duke sucks and they had the easiest road to the Final Four. Hell, the committee set it up so Duke could play a 7 seed to make the championship game. Duke sucks so bad and the NCAA coddles those spoiled brats. Duke sucks.

 

Excuse me. You are wrong. Coach K paid the refs. Duh.

Winslow was a man today.

I believe I would rank the four teams beaten in the elite 8 this way:

 

1. Arizona

2. Notre Dame

3. Gonzaga

4. U of L

 

I would rank 1, 2 and 3 above Michigan State.

Excuse me. You are wrong. Coach K paid the refs. Duh.

 

I forgot about that. Duke sucks and they pay the refs. They use booster money to pay the refs. I forgot all about that.

I think I saw where Duke didn't have any bench points yesterday. Usually their a good for at least a few garbage points from Plumlee.

Said this earlier this season. If Duke was going to make a run the tournament it was going to be on the back of Justise Winslow. He has been great so far.

 

There's a short list of non-UK players that I've really enjoyed watching this year and he's on top of it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.