TBC Elite 17U

From what I've gathered through their twitter, and players associated with their team, TBC's 17U roster will look something like this:

Pig Williams - Mason Co

Tanner Kidwell - Madison Southern

Cam Jones - East or West Jessamine?

Austin Crawford - Bracken Co

Siah Holifield - West Jessamine

Dai'Von Thompson - Louisville Central

Art Walker - Montgomery Co

Brandon Klefot - Bullitt East

Zack Pulliam - Harrison Co

Gavin Driver - Barren Co

Austin Fries - Simon Kenton

Jared Farris - Bullitt East

Last year I had 11 at one point. I had 6 key rotation players and a couple of guys who played 10-15 minutes a game depending on matchups. The next week I went down to 6 due to defections over playing time, etc.

My point being, it is very difficult to keep that many kids happy. Especially when they are paying to be a part of the team.

I believe it all depends on coaching style...pressing,trapping all over the floor etc. Tough to make any kids happy to be honest, someone always is gonna be unhappy. Kentucky doesn't have that many "Elite" kids to choose from and you have some kids who insist on playing together. I do think you can have 10-11-12 kids on a team just gotta have a game plan with it and make kids understand the team concept more than being individualized.

10 is not doable. What do they charge? People pay money to play not sit. Unless you are elite program kids will not sit and watch. Even then kids have a hard time accepting it. Parents even worse! There are some good players on that roster that should be playing for other teams. Players get better playing not sitting!

10 is not doable. What do they charge? People pay money to play not sit. Unless you are elite program kids will not sit and watch. Even then kids have a hard time accepting it. Parents even worse! There are some good players on that roster that should be playing for other teams. Players get better playing not sitting!

TBC is sponsored I believe. So no charge.

I have no familiarity if TBC has any sort of sponsors or not but what your saying is not true, maybe those are the only teams sponsored by Nike or Adidas but there are plenty of other sponsors who are more than willing to get involved, Obviously smaller businesses not on the level of popularity of the above mentioned sponsors but sponsors none the less that supply entry fee's, uniforms, travel help etc.

Not sponsored. Only sponsored teams in KY are Hoop Dreams and Magic (Adidas) and Travelers (Nike).

If they were sponsored they would be in the Adidas Gauntlet, EYBL or the Under Armour Association

I meant sponsored by a Company that pays their bills, (tourney fees, uniforms and travel) not a shoe company that puts them in a league. I know a few years ago anyway their players didn't pay a dime for anything, except some of their meals. Not a bad deal if you can get it.

Sponsorship can mean many different things. EYBL teams like the Travelers receive tourney fees, unis, travel, food, and some additional gear. I've seen "sponsorship" that only included a slight discount on shoes. If TBC players don't pay a dime they are indeed blessed.