February 9, 201511 yr Anyone watch the Grammy's this year? I did not, but I heard Sam Smith won 4 of them (WOW!) and after one of them thanked his ex-boyfriend for ending things because all the songs were about him. Hysterical! :laugh: :laugh:
February 9, 201511 yr Author Also saw a headline saying that Obama made a video appearance calling all the celebrities to work harder in ending domestic violence.
February 9, 201511 yr And Kanye acted like an idiot again He had to let everyone know that he was there. The guy is such a tool. He went off afterwards about Beck winning instead of Beyonce, and in doing so, made sure to make a plug about his clothing line.
February 9, 201511 yr Surprisingly I found the show to be mostly entertaining with its high points and disturbing embarrassing lows. After seeing some real nice performances, it's not fair that Kanye's despicable low would continue to stick out in my mind this morning when his "again" disrespectful antics deserve only to be immediately disregarded. I would have him banned from ever appearing again on the Grammy's and as much as I have respect of Paul McCartney, I can't even imagine why he'd allow his legacy to be paired with, and be associated with such a jack wad. I enjoyed the show being kicked off by AC/DC and thought that it was an exciting energizing way to begin. Sure, Brian Johnson's voice is painful in too many ways to count but have to give him credit for pulling it off, but all and all in the world of pop forgettables, it was a good way to give a nod to real straightforward rock n' roll to remind what it means to watch a performance that gives you something to bite into. While watching Madonna I couldn't help but think that I was seeing her do a parody of herself and had to believe that the writers of SNL were immediately jotting down ideas to create a soon to be seen parody of their own. Although Ed Sheeran typically bores me to tears I did enjoy immensely Jeff Lynne taking over the spotlight and showing the crowd how real timeless music is done and was happy to see that he didn't miss a beat, and is as fantastic as he ever was. Got a kick out of seeing Paul McCartney jump up and sing along like a teenaged fan and felt as if I could join him in his excitement. I'm not a Taylor Swifter hater but when she was dancing to "Mr. Blue Sky" I couldn't help but think that it's the first time she had ever heard the song and was just moving to steal a little of the spotlight for herself knowing that the camera was on her. It made me cringe a little. Although panned by critics, I thoroughly enjoyed Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga and was amazed at how spot on Tony was at his age in equalling Gaga in a perfect performance. It was one of the few moments of the evening that had me immediately applaud at the close of the song although I was all by myself in my living room. Really enjoyed Hozier and Annie Lennox's performance and especially when Annie broke into "I put a spell on you". She shows no age in her voice and gave it amazing power and had me saying "You go girl, show'em how it's done". Although unfamiliar with the tune, I was highly impressed by Usher's voice on his classy performance and gained a ton of respect for him. I also really dug Pharrell Williams and was glad to see him pick up a Grammy for his "Happy" tune which I thought he was deserving of. He's a real lasting artist that I have a lot of respect for. I was happy for Sam Smith to have such a big night, and also glad to see Beck, although unexpected, deservedly have a big night of his own. I still couldn't help to think that Sam got a lot of mileage out of a tune where he basically lifted the key melody line from Tom Petty, but nonetheless it's still a great song in its own right. There were a few forgettable snoozers from some big names, and odd and sometimes uncomfortabe "socially conscious" moments that I won't bother identifying, but must say that although maybe not exciting enough from the Grammy's, I did enjoy Beck and Chris Martin's performance and really dug their pleasant song. By not giving recognition to some of the performance that didn't personally move me, anyone seeing the show could probably figure who I'm not mentioning. That's not to say that they were terrible, but just not my cup of tea. All in all the show held my attention way more than I ever expected it to, and I'm glad that I decided to take it in.
February 9, 201511 yr I agree Madonna looked like she was doing a parody of herself. I liked the Gaga and Tony Bennett performance, she has a lot better voice than most people realize. Taylor Swift does not ever miss an opportunity to put on a show when the camera is on her, seems so fake to me. AC/DC pretty cool opening Miranda Lambert, that was awful, I couldn't understand half the words to the song and it was a poor attempt at putting on a show. Hozier I enjoyed, then Annie came out and I liked it a lot more. Annie Lenox for me always had it and she still does!
February 9, 201511 yr ^ Annie Lennox crushed it. She's just amazing. Really enjoyed the Kristen Wiig interpretive dance to Sia as well. That was just a really fun performance. Totally agree with you B-Ball Fan that Tony Bennett still had it. He's just amazing. I really enjoyed that whole album they did together. Why was that performance panned by critics. I actually think Gaga is probably at her most comfortable singing in Jazz style and thought she did a nice job. It wasn't perfect but definitely not bad.
February 9, 201511 yr And Kanye acted like an idiot again Suprised he would act like an idiot. I mean really, why ruin something for someone who Im sure worked hard to get the award. I wish someone had tackled him on stage and kicked his butt and put his crybaby butt in place.
February 9, 201511 yr I forgot about the interpretive dance performance, not that it was forgettable. I thought the dance was really good and it is something that is not in my wheelhouse.
February 9, 201511 yr The only award show I can't watch. Glad I didn't after hearing what Kayne did again.
February 9, 201511 yr Kanye wins again. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I guess Kanye's antics took away from the guy who presented the Grammy to Beck and his face after he announced the winner:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.