Ken Shields on NKU attendance woes

BOKC Wildcat

I'd have a difficult time justifying season tickets when they're readily available. What does it cost for a season ticket package? Any perks?

It's like $175 a piece and you get all men's and women's games, free parking, and pre-sale access to tickets and what not for other events (concerts, shows) at the BOKC I believe.

Because its not an awful price, I know a few friends who view it as a way to give back to the school/athletic department.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I typically attend a good amount of the Men's game each year and I think that number would dwindle for me if the game were back in Regents, where they were when I was in school.

What's the expected attendance for Saturday? I'd think Homecoming usually brings in the largest crowd of the year (besides a bigger opponent like Louisville or West Virginia).

You are correct. The student frats show up for Homecoming each year and make a good student showing. The problem this year is it a doubleheader, which means few will be there for a women's game and lots for the men. They see the King and Queen announced at halftime of the men, then all of them start a mass exodus. I would say the attendance should be around the 2,000 mark for the men's game. Probably less than 500 for the women, although the women did have their biggest ACTUAL attendance this past Saturday (1,026) for Florida Coast.

It's like $175 a piece and you get all men's and women's games, free parking, and pre-sale access to tickets and what not for other events (concerts, shows) at the BOKC I believe.

How is NKU making good for the season ticket holders in the Regents Hall in three weeks? The women were moved to Regents Hall against Kennesaw State (the BOKC is taken that Saturday for an event). The NKU public address guy finally told the crowd the women play in Regents Hall during the games last week. Some of the fans were asking what the heck?!!!? The SMG brass told us to say nothing if asked about it, let NKU deal with that issue! I just want to know about the court side seat holders and the Vault privileges their season ticket people are deprived of by playing in Regents Hall. I wish I could get to that game but we have an event in the BOKC the same day!

How is NKU making good for the season ticket holders in the Regents Hall in three weeks? The women were moved to Regents Hall against Kennesaw State (the BOKC is taken that Saturday for an event). The NKU public address guy finally told the crowd the women play in Regents Hall during the games last week. Some of the fans were asking what the heck?!!!? The SMG brass told us to say nothing if asked about it, let NKU deal with that issue! I just want to know about the court side seat holders and the Vault privileges their season ticket people are deprived of by playing in Regents Hall. I wish I could get to that game but we have an event in the BOKC the same day!

No clue, and frankly I don't care. We wouldn't use the women's tickets regardless of where it's played.

You are correct. The student frats show up for Homecoming each year and make a good student showing. The problem this year is it a doubleheader, which means few will be there for a women's game and lots for the men. They see the King and Queen announced at halftime of the men, then all of them start a mass exodus. I would say the attendance should be around the 2,000 mark for the men's game. Probably less than 500 for the women, although the women did have their biggest ACTUAL attendance this past Saturday (1,026) for Florida Coast.

Wonder if it helped at all that Melody Doss was going for her 1,000 career point, which she got that game.

From what I remember, Homecoming is almost always a Double Header. Beer sales will probably be up for SMG. Our crew will be up on the "party deck" or whatever section they give our Alumni Association. We had a suite once but were too big. I think this is the 2nd year we have the "party deck"

Wonder if it helped at all that Melody Doss was going for her 1,000 career point, which she got that game.

From what I remember, Homecoming is almost always a Double Header. Beer sales will probably be up for SMG. Our crew will be up on the "party deck" or whatever section they give our Alumni Association. We had a suite once but were too big. I think this is the 2nd year we have the "party deck"

Did she get her 1,000 point? Mel is a great kid, very classy. As far as always a doubleheader I can't remember, but when they made the move to Division I Scott Eaton said there would be no more doubleheaders for the BOKC to worry about. He said with TV requirements, if the NKU men were scheduled to play at 7:00 p.m. they had to start then, so it made no sense to play a women's game before and possible interfere with TV. Then again, Eaton was probably lying, given what happened to him!

For what it's worth, NKU recently played AT Florida Gulf Coast. I knew several people that attended the game, who stated there were approximately 4,000 fans in attendance (roughly 250 NKU fans).

The attendance, per ESPN's box score, was 4,550.

Yep, every school does it. It's not like NKU is doing something no one else does.

For what it's worth, NKU recently played AT Florida Gulf Coast. I knew several people that attended the game, who stated there were approximately 4,000 fans in attendance (roughly 250 NKU fans).

The attendance, per ESPN's box score, was 4,550.

That's a great crowd for Florida Coast. They had some fans following their women's team Saturday night in the BOKC, i would say about 75 to 100.

Any one with answer to the question about the women's game in Regents Hall in three weeks? The BOKC has nothing to do with that game, obviously.

I could be completely wrong, but I don't think there's going to be a huge fuss from the women's faithful over going back to Regents for a Throwback Night, especially if that's the way that they are marketing it. And if they do, I bet they'll get over it.

And if I'm the Athletic Dept., I just blame SMG and the BOKC for making them do it, whether true or not haha! Of course they can't make that an official statement, but I bet NKU could convince people that this is the truth.

I could be completely wrong, but I don't think there's going to be a huge fuss from the women's faithful over going back to Regents for a Throwback Night, especially if that's the way that they are marketing it. And if they do, I bet they'll get over it.

They made it a throwback night AFTER the fact an event was booked in the BOKC. They told the women's players back in the fall and they laughed about it, knowing it was just a cover-up tactic. Several of them went to the security guard's office and asked to see event booked for that weekend, and sure enough they found out there was events in there booked. lol! Some of the parents did not find it funny the women were forced to play in Regents Hall, but they know in reality no amount of complaining was going to change it. I do not understand why they waited so long to announce it to their fans. I know they covered up lots of escapades during the Eaton era in that athletic dept., but this new athletic director is twice as bad and not near as friendly as Eaton!

And if I'm the Athletic Dept., I just blame SMG and the BOKC for making them do it, whether true or not haha! Of course they can't make that an official statement, but I bet NKU could convince people that this is the truth.

Actually, NKU AGREED TO PLAY in Regents Hall after they messed up with Kennesaw State. The story is really wild! I can't divulge on this chat space!