Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You Have To Ask Lynch One Question

Featured Replies

Reporters should be eating Lynch up. He's giving them a much more interesting topic than any other cliché answer he'd otherwise give would.

 

Yep, and he's giving them their entire story in a 2-3 minute span. Must be tough. :lol2:

  • Replies 103
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Reporters should be eating Lynch up. He's giving them a much more interesting topic than any other cliché answer he'd otherwise give would.

 

Yep, and he's giving them their entire story in a 2-3 minute span. Must be tough. :lol2:

 

Mo Egger ranted about this for 20 minutes. I agreed with him but then got tired of hearing him say the same thing over and over so I switched to The Beat. Went back and he was still on it.

 

But he basically said all these columnists and radio show hosts should be very thankful to Lynch for providing such an easy topic to write about and discuss. Easiest Super Bowl Media Day they've ever had.

Jim Shue made the key point about why he should show up and talk - the fans and ultimately his paycheck. The NFL has a business plan that is hugely successful. This has generated a lot of money for everyone in the league, including Lynch. If everyone responded the way he has, it would hurt the league. His actions do not help the league. Bottom line Mr. Lynch, this is part of your paycheck. That is why I have no problem with the fines. At least that makes him pay for the damage he is causing the league. He has a right to do this if he chooses and the league has the right to make him pay for his contract violations.

Jim Shue made the key point about why he should show up and talk - the fans and ultimately his paycheck. The NFL has a business plan that is hugely successful. This has generated a lot of money for everyone in the league, including Lynch. If everyone responded the way he has, it would hurt the league. His actions do not help the league. Bottom line Mr. Lynch, this is part of your paycheck. That is why I have no problem with the fines. At least that makes him pay for the damage he is causing the league. He has a right to do this if he chooses and the league has the right to make him pay for his contract violations.

 

He isn't being fined. What he's doing is 100% completely fulfilling his obligations. Not sure why people aren't realizing that.

He isn't being fined. What he's doing is 100% completely fulfilling his obligations. Not sure why people aren't realizing that.

 

 

And like I said, I get that.

 

I disagree wholeheartedly with your suggestions that fans don't care about what the players think. NFL stars are no different than any other celebrity, and are just as likely to be the object of celebrity worship. That's an industry — see People magazine and its ilk for reference.

 

ESPN is perhaps the most popular non-porn website in the world. Fan interest drives that.

So what does Lynch do if he wins MVP and forced to come to the mic? You have to root for that don't you?

 

Disney Guy: Marshawn, you just won the Superbowl, what are you going to do now?

Lynch: I don't want to get fined.

So what does Lynch do if he wins MVP and forced to come to the mic? You have to root for that don't you?

 

Disney Guy: Marshawn, you just won the Superbowl, what are you going to do now?

Lynch: I don't want to get fined.

 

The MVP of the Super Bowl has only came from the losing team once, so we shouldn't have to worry about that. :D

I personally think his interviews are great! Being forced to talk to media shouldn't be a thing. I can understand why he does what he does. The media has misinterpreted many things and that, at least I think, is what he is trying to avoid. However, the NFL is looking in to fine him anyways after his latest "I'm just here so I won't get fined" interview due to "promoting" his own brand (he was wearing his Beast Mode hat).

I personally think his interviews are great! Being forced to talk to media shouldn't be a thing. I can understand why he does what he does. The media has misinterpreted many things and that, at least I think, is what he is trying to avoid. However, the NFL is looking in to fine him anyways after his latest "I'm just here so I won't get fined" interview due to "promoting" his own brand (he was wearing his Beast Mode hat).

If all the athletes want to band together and stage a media shutout, that does nothing but allow for misrepresentation.

Jim Shue made the key point about why he should show up and talk - the fans and ultimately his paycheck. The NFL has a business plan that is hugely successful. This has generated a lot of money for everyone in the league, including Lynch. If everyone responded the way he has, it would hurt the league. His actions do not help the league. Bottom line Mr. Lynch, this is part of your paycheck. That is why I have no problem with the fines. At least that makes him pay for the damage he is causing the league. He has a right to do this if he chooses and the league has the right to make him pay for his contract violations.

 

He is being paid to carry the rock, avoid tackles and score TD's...period. No matter how good he is or is not with the media, as soon as he cannot carry the ball up to NFL standards, the Seahawks will get rid of him. He could be the very best speaker in the world or the worst - it does not matter - he is being paid to run the football and when he cannot any longer, he is out of the league. If Lynch does not speak to the media, the NFL will not lose one penny of advertising or will not lose one ticket sale. I think what he did is fine. If the NFL wants to keep this archaic rule, then I am fine with him making a mockery of it by showing up and not answering any questions.

He sure speaks with Conan O'Brien. I laughed so hard watching the segment with him and Gronk.

He sure speaks with Conan O'Brien. I laughed so hard watching the segment with him and Gronk.

 

[video=youtube_share;MNpkSyryQz4]

I don't buy the anxiety thing for one second.

 

I'm starting to soften on my stance in re: him having some serious interview anxiety and beginning to lean more toward him using the media much like plenty of other guys in the past (i.e., Chad Johnson).

 

Marshawn Lynch’s mode: He’s just about that brand, boss | Seahawks | The Seattle Times

 

 

It's easy to pay fines when they don't hurt your bottom line. Who is to say that Lynch's brand becomes what it is without his name being shoved down our throats by the media for his not talking? For what he pays in fines, he couldn't buy the same advertising and name mentions with that money. In a way, he's getting some discounted commercials.

"Marshawn, were you as surprised as everyone else on the planet that the Seahawks decided to pass it at the end of the Super Bowl?"

 

And a follow up...

 

"Do you feel their lack of trust in you getting in the end zone will have any impact on your willingness to sign a long term extension with them?"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.