Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You Have To Ask Lynch One Question

Featured Replies

No he's not. He is required to show up and be available. He is not required as an NFL player to give actual answers to any question they ask.

 

He is 100% required to speak with them as part of his job. We are talking about the same thing. :lol2: I'm not saying he has to answer a particular way. He just comes off as childish.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that he is fulfilling his obligation by being available, but it doesn't mean that I have to like that or respect it.

 

He is being disrespectful to his profession, one in which there is an expectation that in making yourself available to the media that you fulfill the spirit of this engagement by answering questions. If you feel the question is inappropriate, address that directly. To then do your press conference commercials to mock the process only adds fuels to my fire on this issue.

 

BTW, when Bill Belichick pulls his "We are on to Cincinnati." shenanigans, I feel the same way. There is a spirit in which you are expected to conduct business and if you can't do that with a sense of professionalism and by respecting the dignity of the folks fulfilling their responsibilities, then no, I don't like it.

I would ask him about what he sees is/are a key factor(s) in getting Seattle's running game going on Sunday versus the Patriots.

 

Yes, I would ask him an actual football question since it is, likely, my job to do so. Just because he is being disingenuous doesn't mean that I need to stoop to his level.

It is his job. He is required as an NFL player to speak to the media. I don't really care how he answers the questions but he just comes off as childish and immature. Just give them some stupid PC answer like everyone does 98% of the time.

 

Y'know, I'm just happy to be here and hope I can help the ballclub. I just want to give it my best shot and good Lord willing, things'll work out... gotta play 'em one day at a time, Y'know...

You didn't answer my questions.

 

He's thankful.

The same reason you are forced to do things at work you don't wanna do. It's your job and you are expected to do it to the best of your abilities. He most certainly isn't doing that. He's a child.

 

This would be the equivalent of me being forced to go to Legacy and NKY Chamber of Commerce events. I wouldn't be pumped. I would show up, but I'm not going to be the most social guy at the function.

Who is your favorite Wu Tang Clan member and why?

 

The above was one that a law school classmate pulled on me during a mock interview deal.

 

Since he's said he's willing to talk about Lil' Boosie, then I probably ask him something about Lil' Boosie to break the ice and see if I can find some kind of common ground (or at least show him I cared enough to look up an old interview of his and be witty), so maybe I get an actual response from him.

 

Answer the question. Who is your favorite Wu-Tang Clan member and why?

He's bucking the system but I don't care. It's stupid of the NFL to force him to speak to the media. Plus it isn't consistent. Are they making the punter do the same thing as Lynch?

This would be the equivalent of me being forced to go to Legacy and NKY Chamber of Commerce events. I wouldn't be pumped. I would show up, but I'm not going to be the most social guy at the function.

 

And if someone came up to you asking a question about the company I doubt you would reply saying you were just here to collect your paycheck.

Sounds like Lynch is going to be facing a "significant fine" for wearing a Beast Mode hat to media day....

I liked Richard Sherman's idea. He'll do weekly press conferences when the commissioner does.

 

I've got a BOATLOAD of questions I'd like to ask that dude...

 

I've got a BOATLOAD of questions I'd like to ask that dude...

 

He'd probably be less forth-coming with answers than Lynch is. :lol2:

And if someone came up to you asking a question about the company I doubt you would reply saying you were just here to collect your paycheck.

 

I'm also not borderline irreplacable and he is.

Why should he have to answer questions if he doesn't want to?

 

Why does the media feel they're entitled to answers to what are almost always stupid questions?

 

You shouldn't be looking at it from that standpoint of "media entitlement," even though some members of the media make it seem that way. The NFL rules are in place for this reason — fan interest. Fans want to know how their favorite player feels about it after having a good day on the field. Most fans don't have that access to the players that the media does. The media is (supposed to be) asking the questions as a proxy for the fans.

 

By the same token, I have no beef with Lynch's issues with avoiding the questions. Perhaps he's not comfortable with public speaking. Maybe he had a speech impediment when he was younger. Maybe he is just a jerk. Maybe he thinks the reporters are jerks. Could be anything. Doesn't really matter.

 

Doing what he does is fulfilling his end of the deal, at a minimum. That's fine and I get that. Steve Carlton did the same thing. Didn't somehow make him less than one of the greatest pitchers of all time.

If I were one of the beat reporters covering the Seahawks, I would approach this by pulling him off to the side and having this off-the-record conversation:

 

JS: Marshawn, it doesn't matter to me why you aren't cooperative with the media. Whatever your reasons are yours, and I'm fine with that. However, I've got a job to do, and I'm not going to waste my and your time playing this game. I've got a job to do, and I will do it. If your performance in the game figures heavily into the outcome, I will ask Carroll or your teammates to comment about it. It's not about me; it's about getting the job done and feeding my readers' need for information about their favorite team, and in many cases, their favorite player — you.

 

(I would then pause to check his reaction, then proceed further)

 

JS: I'll make you this deal — you will find that I take none of your attitude toward the media personally. I've got thick skin, and I can handle it. I'll leave you alone and that will be that. By me giving you this respect, all I ask is that you give me the same courtesy. You can call me when you want to talk and actually have something to say.

 

(I'd then give him another moment to see what he says, and if it's nothing, I'd shake his hand and be on my way.)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.