Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owner of establishments interfering with their security people.

Featured Replies

Simple he owns the place. Some owners are micro managers and they are the worst type of boss. But as an employee you have to listen to the guy who signs your check.

This.

The perks of working in an establishment where the owners and managers are one in the same do not always outweigh the unpleasant micromanagement.

Simple he owns the place. Some owners are micro managers and they are the worst type of boss. But as an employee you have to listen to the guy who signs your check.

 

Eh, not so fast. Did he hire a security company to provide security, or are they hired by the owner, fired by the owner, and attend training classes supplied by the owner?

Eh, not so fast. Did he hire a security company to provide security, or are they hired by the owner, fired by the owner, and attend training classes supplied by the owner?

 

I don't know what these has to do with my statement ? Bosses who are micro managers are the worst boss to work for.

 

Also unless the bar hires off duty cops to stand outside none of then want cops showing up.

  • Author

I had a long post, but I'll make this short, for now.

 

One of the security people has trained at the top protection school in the country, also at what many consider one of the top in the world which is in Israel, and is now taking more courses on counter terrorism. The second security person was in the Marines for about 7 years and was a sergeant. Now he will be the first to correctly tell you that his military career alone doesn't qualify him, but he also has had training in personal security (which is properly called executive protection), and also worked at Brinks as an armed guard, and was offered a job with a maritime security firm, working off the coast of Africa. They both are very good with people, and they have a great rapport with the local police officers.

 

But, it comes down to what Lipton Bash mentioned, an establishment usually does not want the police showing up. And to what Lipton Bash also hit on, off duty officers being employed at times to stand outside (a great problem solver that will cut over 99% of your issues). These two security people mentioned that a few times, they didn't have any success.

I don't know what these has to do with my statement ? Bosses who are micro managers are the worst boss to work for.

 

Also unless the bar hires off duty cops to stand outside none of then want cops showing up.

 

They are bad to work for, however, if the security outfit are independent contractors, then the boss isn't actually their boss and they need to follow company protocol.

  • Author
They are bad to work for, however, if the security outfit are independent contractors, then the boss isn't actually their boss and they need to follow company protocol.

But, if the boss doesn't have the background in what he is micro managing, he doesn't know anything about what he is micro managing. In this case, security.

 

When you have people who are hired who have a lot of training, you should trust them to do their job and not interfere all the time.

 

Google spent about 1.5 million last year to protect their CEO. Microsoft paid close to $700,000 to protect Bill Gates. If those people suggest something to the protectee, they would be wise to listen. I pointed out an issue from this past August, that should tell about the management's protocol

 

I would give examples but not in an open forum. When I have the time to redo my paypal I'll become a premium member again and whoever wants some examples I can message them.

 

But, again, my whole point is the safety issue. I can tell you that pretty much every H.S. in NKY has had seniors enter this place, as long as they had an I.D.. I don't care if the patrons are 18, 28, 38, or older, everyone deserves to be safe, and to feel safe. Especially young people, they are vulnerable, in a new area, too trusting or unaware many times.

 

For the record, these two security people would never have been let go, no matter what, they resigned.

If the security people are employees of the owner, then they really only have two choices; do the job the way the owner wants them to or find another job.

If the security people are employees of the owner, then they really only have two choices; do the job the way the owner wants them to or find another job.

And if they are ICs, their supervisor needs to step up or get his group out of there.

  • Author
If the security people are employees of the owner, then they really only have two choices; do the job the way the owner wants them to or find another job.

 

But the point is, that it is disturbing that establishments would put people at risk, especially young people. When one goes out, you would hope that the management is doing all they realistically can to make sure you are safe.

They are bad to work for, however, if the security outfit are independent contractors, then the boss isn't actually their boss and they need to follow company protocol.

 

Whoever can hire or fire you is in the end the real boss.

But, if the boss doesn't have the background in what he is micro managing, he doesn't know anything about what he is micro managing. In this case, security.

 

When you have people who are hired who have a lot of training, you should trust them to do their job and not interfere all the time.

 

Google spent about 1.5 million last year to protect their CEO. Microsoft paid close to $700,000 to protect Bill Gates. If those people suggest something to the protectee, they would be wise to listen. I pointed out an issue from this past August, that should tell about the management's protocol

 

I would give examples but not in an open forum. When I have the time to redo my paypal I'll become a premium member again and whoever wants some examples I can message them.

 

But, again, my whole point is the safety issue. I can tell you that pretty much every H.S. in NKY has had seniors enter this place, as long as they had an I.D.. I don't care if the patrons are 18, 28, 38, or older, everyone deserves to be safe, and to feel safe. Especially young people, they are vulnerable, in a new area, too trusting or unaware many times.

 

For the record, these two security people would never have been let go, no matter what, they resigned.

 

I understand your point and frustration. But this happens in most businesses or fields in the country. Owners, bosses, managers etc who do not have as much experience in the actual job they are supervising is pretty common in the private sector.

And if they are ICs, their supervisor needs to step up or get his group out of there.
Yes.
  • Author
I understand your point and frustration. But this happens in most businesses or fields in the country. Owners, bosses, managers etc who do not have as much experience in the actual job they are supervising is pretty common in the private sector.

Agreed. It's just disturbing that people don't have a clue about how to properly keep people safe. You can have the best protection in the world and the adversary only needs to be lucky for one second and inflict harm, but to be that oblivious, well, as I said, disturbing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.