January 24, 201511 yr The thread on DUI's got me thinking. Texting while driving is now the leading cause of teenagers dying in a car accident. KY's current penalty is $25 for the first offense and $50 after that. I'm not in favor of it being a felony but I do believe the penalties should be beefed up quite a bit. Of course since the target audience is teenagers I'm not sure what would be effective.
January 24, 201511 yr Yes too lenient, a stupid teen girl about hit me head on and she was texting as I had to run off the road for her to miss me, would have killed me and my wife and kids. She better be glad my wife wouldn't let me turn around and go after Her.
January 25, 201511 yr Yes too lenient' date=' a stupid teen girl about hit me head on and she was texting as I had to run off the road for her to miss me, would have killed me and my wife and kids. She better be glad my wife wouldn't let me turn around and go after Her.[/quote'] Your wife is smart. What were you going to do to the teenager when you caught up with her?
January 25, 201511 yr Your wife is smart. What were you going to do to the teenager when you caught up with her? Follow her home. Talk to her parents. That might have been a good idea.
January 25, 201511 yr Yes. First offence phone is smashed and they can only be in possession of a pre paid flip phone for one year with non-texting capabilities...can make and receive calls only. I say that somewhat tongue in cheek, but thousands of teen age girls (and women too) would be devastated and might learn a valuable lesson. Yes, throw some boys/men in there too, they aren't immune from it by any means, but think they are a lessor %.
January 25, 201511 yr Yes. First offence phone is smashed and they can only be in possession of a pre paid flip phone for one year with non-texting capabilities...can make and receive calls only. I say that somewhat tongue in cheek, but thousands of teen age girls (and women too) would be devastated and might learn a valuable lesson. Yes, throw some boys/men in there too, they aren't immune from it by any means, but think they are a lessor %. I'm sure you have some data to back that up and aren't relying solely on the fact that you're a boy/man. :ohbrother:
January 25, 201511 yr Follow her home. Talk to her parents. That might have been a good idea. I would never recommend following someone or confronting their parents these days. If they are posing a threat, call 911.
January 25, 201511 yr I would never recommend following someone or confronting their parents these days. If they are posing a threat, call 911. Maybe it was more informative than confrontational.
January 25, 201511 yr I'm sure you have some data to back that up and aren't relying solely on the fact that you're a boy/man. :ohbrother: Yes...its called driving and seeing...everyday.
January 25, 201511 yr Maybe it was more informative than confrontational. Gee whiz, Mr. Cleaver, let me know how that works out for you when you follow Snooki home and meet her parents. For the times they are a-changin'....
January 25, 201511 yr Gee whiz, Mr. Cleaver, let me know how that works out for you when you follow Snooki home and meet her parents. For the times they are a-changin'.... Or, maybe you could politely explain what happened, tell them that the daughter was texting and nearly hit them head on and as a parent himself, I'd like to know something of this seriousness if it endangered my child and someone else and wish them a good evening. If someone did that for me best believe is be all ears. yeah, I know, nothing like that would ever happen like that up at "the compound".
January 26, 201511 yr It's funny you say that because one day, these 2 hags drove up, blocked my driveway and started yelling and threatening my daughter for her aggressive driving on the back roads. It seems that these 2 women were riding horses in the area and a little white Cougar came by them and scared the horses they were on. Later in the day, they see my girl getting into her little white Cougar so of course it was her, right?! Nope, she was with me all that morning and the car hadn't been moved. The 2 cowards drove away as I came out to see what the problem was. Moral of the story: You never know who you are confronting when you get to someone's house and you better have your facts straight if you are going to do so.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.