Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did the Patriots Use Deflated Footballs in AFC Championship Game?

Featured Replies

Just heard that. Doesn't change the fact that the Patriots had air taken out of the balls. If we are going to be serious about getting "cheating" out of the game you have to drop the hammer. If it's chalked up as gamesmanship then slap them on the wrist and let's move on.

 

At this point, the bolded is what is still being investigated. All signs point to someone deflating the balls, but until that's been confirmed, I don't think there's anything that can be done.

 

As I said, I think I agree with Cowherd's suggested punishment: Super Bowl and first 8 games of next year suspension for Bill and a large fine. Taking draft picks is pointless with NE.

  • Replies 303
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If most up to date reports are accurate and the Pats played with under inflated balls in the first half only ...

 

First Half ... Patriots 17 Colts 7

 

Second Half ... Patriots 28 Colts 0

 

It looks to me like the Colts should be complaining about the refs re-inflating the balls at halftime.

 

Also, reports and opinions are now saying this likely more a Brady issue than a Belichek issue. If anyone asked for the balls to be deflated, it was most likely Brady.

At this point, the bolded is what is still being investigated. All signs point to someone deflating the balls, but until that's been confirmed, I don't think there's anything that can be done.

 

As I said, I think I agree with Cowherd's suggested punishment: Super Bowl and first 8 games of next year suspension for Bill and a large fine. Taking draft picks is pointless with NE.

 

Right, they'll take some washed up no name and win a division title with him.

"@MattLeinartQB: Every team tampers with the footballs. Ask any Qb in the league, this is ridiculous!!" 18 mins ago

 

Still irrelevant. No other organzation has been caught cheating multiple times. With the same coach at the helm.

 

I'm sure more people use a corked bat than get caught it doesn't mean it isn't cheating.

Still irrelevant. No other organzation has be caught cheating multiple times. With the same coach at the helm.

 

I think your completely missing the purpose of my posts. I'm simply posting information I come across that I find interesting and pertinent to the topic at hand.

Right, they'll take some washed up no name and win a division title with him.

 

LeGarrette "Light up a" Blount resents this post.

At this point, the bolded is what is still being investigated. All signs point to someone deflating the balls, but until that's been confirmed, I don't think there's anything that can be done.

 

As I said, I think I agree with Cowherd's suggested punishment: Super Bowl and first 8 games of next year suspension for Bill and a large fine. Taking draft picks is pointless with NE.

You don't not take draft picks because it's pointless with NE. You do it to set a precedent. Everyone whines about the NFL not being consistent. You can't not take picks from NE then take them from the next team you catch cheating. I think you add a 3rd round or higher pick to the punishment you list and call it a day.

LeGarrette "Light up a" Blount resents this post.

 

Case in point. He was about to be out of the league and now he'll be the #1 back on the Super Bowl Champions.

Case in point. He was about to be out of the league and now he'll be the #1 back on the Super Bowl Champions.

 

Correct ... hence my post above, with an attempted shot of humor included.

I realize that this incident had no affect on the outcome of the game. Pats won...Colts would have lost regardless. I get that. I am more bothered that New England takes the "gain a competitive advantage" too far. Did they deliberately TRY to cheat and knowingly go beyond the rules? It seems to be almost an addiction with them...that they have to ensure victory regardless. I believe the penalty has to be severe enough that this never happens again.

Correct ... hence my post above, with an attempted shot of humor included.

 

And I hate that...

 

Also, reports and opinions are now saying this likely more a Brady issue than a Belichek issue. If anyone asked for the balls to be deflated, it was most likely Brady.

 

If it was Brady's call, then he also should at the very minimum be suspended for the Super Bowl.

 

Wouldn't that make all the radio talk show hosts for the next two weeks the happiest they've ever been? That would be a topic that would never get old for ratings.

Cheating has to be punished. Bonds would have still hit a boatload of home runs. Clemens would have still won a lot of games.

 

I say the league KILLS the Patriots for this.

Cheating has to be punished. Bonds would have still hit a boatload of home runs. Clemens would have still won a lot of games.

 

I say the league KILLS the Patriots for this.

 

Off topic, but I say without cheating Bonds ends up with less than 600 HR's and Clemens wins less than 270. Still a lot like you said but far below their actual numbers.

 

On topic, if Brady told an equipment guy to do it and no one else knew anything about it, do the Patriots still get killed?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.