Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did the Patriots Use Deflated Footballs in AFC Championship Game?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 303
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheating has to be punished. Bonds would have still hit a boatload of home runs. Clemens would have still won a lot of games.

 

I say the league KILLS the Patriots for this.

 

I bet they don't do anything until after the SB because the Patriots are their darling.

 

Sherman made a great point about how biased the NFL is yesterday at the Pro Bowl when he was interviewed and made the statement how ridiculous the league is when they were ready to suspend Lynch for both the NFCCG and the SB if he didn't change his cleats.

 

So the NFL is willing to suspend Lynch for the 2 biggest games of the season for wearing a different color of cleats, yet they are doing nothing to Brady for actually breaking the rules and cheating and getting caught.

Parody commercial (some bleeped inappropriate language at the end):

 

[video=youtube_share;vd3D2gsPUR0]

Robert Kraft came out swinging yesterday. Demanding an apology from the league.

Robert Kraft came out swinging yesterday. Demanding an apology from the league.

 

Apologize for his QB deflating game balls?

Apologize for his QB deflating game balls?

 

Basically said they did nothing wrong, the league has no evidence to say they did, and they need to apologize to the organization, and specifically Belichick and Brady, for what they've put them through over the past week.

Basically said they did nothing wrong, the league has no evidence to say they did, and they need to apologize to the organization, and specifically Belichick and Brady, for what they've put them through over the past week.

 

Did the league lie about the balls being deflated nearly 2 lbs? I thought they tested all the game balls at halftime?

Did the league lie about the balls being deflated nearly 2 lbs? I thought they tested all the game balls at halftime?

 

I'm not sure what that has to do with what he said....

  • Author
Basically said they did nothing wrong, the league has no evidence to say they did, and they need to apologize to the organization, and specifically Belichick and Brady, for what they've put them through over the past week.

 

Poor babies. I feel for them; I really do. :lol:

Nothing's happening before the SB. Probably not for weeks if not months afterwards. Because of the (perceived?) camaraderie between Goodell and Kraft; the league can't afford to leave any stone unturned.

I'm not sure what that has to do with what he said....

 

He said they need to apologize because they had no evidence they did anything wrong.

The Patriots balls were 2 lbs under inflated but the Colts balls were not. (This sounds a lot like evidence to me but I'm no Sherlock Holmes)

Your head coach has already been suspended for cheating in the past. (The fact that others may do it is irrelevant)

 

They aren't innocent just because they denied the allegations the week before the Super Bowl.

He said they need to apologize because they had no evidence they did anything wrong.

The Patriots balls were 2 lbs under inflated but the Colts balls were not. (This sounds a lot like evidence to me but I'm no Sherlock Holmes)

Your head coach has already been suspended for cheating in the past. (The fact that others may do it is irrelevant)

 

They aren't innocent just because they denied the allegations the week before the Super Bowl.

 

They are if there's no evidence to the contrary.

 

Belichick has not been suspended for cheating in the past.

They are if there's no evidence to the contrary.

 

Belichick has not been suspended for cheating in the past.

 

It was simply a coincidence that all but 1 of the Pats balls were under inflated and none of the Colts balls were?

 

My mistake, he avoided suspension and paid half a mil. He still got caught cheating.

 

You're clearly bias. Considering the balls had zero bearing on the outcome it would be a lot easier if Pats fan would just own up to the fact that their coach and QB will do anything to win, regardless of the rules. They'll get their SB championship, which is all anyone really cares about.

It was simply a coincidence that all but 1 of the Pats balls were under inflated and none of the Colts balls were?

 

My mistake, he avoided suspension and paid half a mil. He still got caught cheating.

 

You're clearly bias. Considering the balls had zero bearing on the outcome it would be a lot easier if Pats fan would just own up to the fact that their coach and QB will do anything to win, regardless of the rules. They'll get their SB championship, which is all anyone really cares about.

 

Where did I say it was a coincidence? I simply said if they can't prove anything, they can't do anything to them.

 

Something happened to the balls clearly. However, a group of MIT scientists said that it's completely plausible to think that the elements caused the pressure change. I'd imagine they have a better grasp on that kinda stuff than you or I.

 

I'm not biased because I don't care if they cheated or not. If they cheated, cool. If they didn't, that's cool too. Just like I don't care if a dude juices in baseball, I don't care if players/teams cheat in the NFL, I just don't. It doesn't take away from my fandom nor does it limit the amount of enjoyment I get out of watching the sport.

Sharp Football Analysis

 

I'm a believer in the deflating of football makes it harder to fumble the ball, easier to catch the ball, and enables one to throw the ball farther. This article I have skimmed through goes over statistics showing how little the Pats have fumbled since 2006.

 

Remember when BenJarvus Green-Ellis spent his entire career in New England 2008-2011 and never once fumbled the football? Then he comes to the Bengals and fumbled 3 times in 2012 and 2 times in 2013?

 

Food for thought...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.