Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did the Patriots Use Deflated Footballs in AFC Championship Game?

Featured Replies

If you rob a bank and don't get caught, does that make it OK?

 

That's not even remotely comparable. :lol2:

  • Replies 303
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I pretty much agree that I think that's what happened. I don't agree that it's cheating.

Looking at your avatar, the last comment doesn't surprise me.

 

I'm sorry but cheating is cheating and they cheated. Again.

Why didn't the Colts ball drop?

 

Because the Colts didn't cheat.

Why didn't the Colts ball drop?

 

Ah yes, that is the question, isn't it?

Because the Colts didn't cheat.

 

The results that I saw showed that in that temperature that the balls could deflate around 2 pounds in 15 minutes. There is a 1 pound range where the pressure is legal. If the Patriots only inflated the footballs to the minimum pressure and they dropped nearly 2 PSI that would explain the under inflation . From what I've read the PSI want an issue after halftime when the balls were reinflated. If the Patriots were letting the air out why didn't they do it in the 2nd half. As for the Colts, I don't think anyone measured the PSI in their footballs afterwards. How do we know that their's weren't low as well?

Why didn't the Colts ball drop?

 

I've not read any articles that said that the PSI in the Colts footballs was measured afterwards. I'm not saying that they weren't but I've seen no mention of it. Let's say that they inflated their footballs to the maximum PSI. Then when they dropped they would only be 1PSI under the minimum. From what I've tag 1 PSI would be almost imperceptible. If the Patriots didn't complain about it to cause them to get checked how do we know that they didn't end up a little low as well?

 

I've not read any articles that said that the PSI in the Colts footballs was measured afterwards. I'm not saying that they weren't but I've seen no mention of it. Let's say that they inflated their footballs to the maximum PSI. Then when they dropped they would only be 1PSI under the minimum. From what I've tag 1 PSI would be almost imperceptible. If the Patriots didn't complain about it to cause them to get checked how do we know that they didn't end up a little low as well?

 

I thought all 24 balls were checked st half time and only 11 balls of the pats were too low. They weren't reinflated, I read that back up balls were used and those were kept out of the game.

 

If balls were checked again after the game and the cold didn't brother them...why did just the first half balls from one team "deflate"?

I thought all 24 balls were checked st half time and only 11 balls of the pats were too low. They weren't reinflated, I read that back up balls were used and those were kept out of the game.

 

If balls were checked again after the game and the cold didn't brother them...why did just the first half balls from one team "deflate"?

 

According to this article: The New England Patriots' deflated footballs scandal, explained - Vox

 

And every other one that I've read the footballs were reinflated at halftime. If that were the case and they were inflated to closer to the maximum PSI than they were the first time them that would explain why they were the same as the Colts balls at the end.

I don't think deflated footballs made a 38-point difference.

 

I certainly agree, it may have given them a TD, maybe to but certainly no difference in a 45-7 blowout.

Editorial cartoon that a friend had posted on Facebook.

 

11105_380263738817781_6226416104548943380_n.jpg

According to this article: The New England Patriots' deflated footballs scandal, explained - Vox

 

And every other one that I've read the footballs were reinflated at halftime. If that were the case and they were inflated to closer to the maximum PSI than they were the first time them that would explain why they were the same as the Colts balls at the end.

 

Why weren't the Colts balls deflated at halftime? They checked all of the balls at half time and only the Pats were deflated?

 

All of the early stories assumed they were re-inflated, but I think the NFL clarified that they were pulled out at half time and back up balls were then used.

 

Patriots reportedly used properly inflated backup balls in second half - The Washington Post

Looks like we now have a fall guy...

otl_mcnally_d1_600x600.jpg

So you're saying Brady and Belichick were being truthful the entire time? Ruh-Roh Roger....Mr. Kraft on line one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.