Great teams, Great Tradtion lost to consolidation?????

dolamite

What are some of the good teams with a winning past in your region who have lost out due to consolidation. And how is the the sucess been for the consolidated school, who consolidated etc. Should bring up some good discussion for those intrigued by past memories. Thoughts????

The first thought that comes to mind is Elkhorn City. They always had a good baseball team. They competed year in and year out. Pretty sure that they won 4 districts in a row and a regional in the late 90's. Virigie and John's Creek were both pretty good programs before they were consolidated.

The first thought that comes to mind is Elkhorn City. They always had a good baseball team. They competed year in and year out. Pretty sure that they won 4 districts in a row and a regional in the late 90's. Virigie and John's Creek were both pretty good programs before they were consolidated.

Yes, all very good teams from the 15th before they eventually became East Ridge (Elkhorn City), Shelby Valley (Virgie), and Pike County Central (Johns Creek). Personally I really like what Joey Thacker did at Elkhorn City. 4 straight District Titles, as well as a 15th Region crown, pretty impressive strecth. Elkhorn City slid off a little bit after his departure, but still seemed to always put a very nice team on the field. I think in 2001 maybe, they beat Haysi Virgnia who at the time was the 2nd ranked single A team in Virginia, so great tradition there before it was lost to consolidation. Also some great teams in the early 80's and from what I've heard all the way back as the 50's.

Elkhorn City was the team form the 15th that came to me. They defintley always had a great team. East Ridge has been good about every year but I think they could be for a down year this year.