December 29, 201411 yr A little more pressure? Shoot, it would have been nice to see ANY pressure on Big Ben That's the thing even with the lack of pressure the defense made stops. Didn't let them control the clock and held them to basically 17 points.
December 29, 201411 yr Tomlinson shouldn't have anything to say about the hit and I'm glad he didn't in his press conference. I don't remember Tomlin apologizing for Browns dirty hit on Huber last year.
December 29, 201411 yr It comes down to turnovers. You can't have turnovers like the Bengals do in games of this magnitude. On the first INT, AJ totally cut off a route and stopped. Went with double move and stopped. The second pick was a high throw, but great receivers make that catch. Maybe he is still hurt, maybe he was afraid to get hit, I don't know. However, AJ fumbled a ball at a key time when it was a weak hit. Simply, it comes down to turnovers.
December 29, 201411 yr It comes down to turnovers. You can't have turnovers like the Bengals do in games of this magnitude. On the first INT, AJ totally cut off a route and stopped. Went with double move and stopped. The second pick was a high throw, but great receivers make that catch. Maybe he is still hurt, maybe he was afraid to get hit, I don't know. However, AJ fumbled a ball at a key time when it was a weak hit. Simply, it comes down to turnovers. The 2nd int you are blaming AJ for? Lol. AJ is a great receiver and guess what he didn't make the catch, and how could he as he could only get his finger tips on the ball. Get real.
December 29, 201411 yr The 2nd int you are blaming AJ for? Lol. AJ is a great receiver and guess what he didn't make the catch, and how could he as he could only get his finger tips on the ball. Get real. The rare occasion we agree. That ball was was a terrible throw by Dalton...
December 29, 201411 yr The 2nd int you are blaming AJ for? Lol. AJ is a great receiver and guess what he didn't make the catch, and how could he as he could only get his finger tips on the ball. Get real. Agreed! That was definitely on Dalton, Green was wide open and you he threw it high. You have to be able to complete a pass like that to a guy wide open.
December 29, 201411 yr I've watched the post game interaction between Tomlin and Nelson several times and it appears cordial from Tomlin until Nelson says whatever he says. And I thought Marvin stepping in was significant. Regardless if you care for Marvin as a head coach or not, that cat is first class. I wholly respect him. I hope both Bell and AJ are healthy going forward to next week.
December 29, 201411 yr Never have I seen a team look so competent one week, then look like they never have stepped on a field the next. Also Marvin has been here for 12 years? Shouldn't he figure out time management? I've never seen so many timeouts to avoid a delay of game before, and they let 30 seconds run off before that 4th quarter time out. Frustrated doesn't even describe how I feel right now. Often a terrible use of the TO. Save 'em for when the opposition has the ball.
December 29, 201411 yr As for the hit on Bell's knee, I can't blame Nelson. If I'm not mistaken, he went high on Bell at the first of the game and got dumptrucked. I'd probably have chosen not to ride that train again as well.
December 29, 201411 yr As for the hit on Bell's knee, I can't blame Nelson. If I'm not mistaken, he went high on Bell at the first of the game and got dumptrucked. I'd probably have chosen not to ride that train again as well. :lol2: Truth. Bell hit-sticked him...
December 29, 201411 yr As for the hit on Bell's knee, I can't blame Nelson. If I'm not mistaken, he went high on Bell at the first of the game and got dumptrucked. I'd probably have chosen not to ride that train again as well. Exactly, if Nelson goes higher he gets Bell's helmet right in his own face mask. Nelson tackled him exactly the way he should have.
December 29, 201411 yr Exactly, if Nelson goes higher he gets Bell's helmet right in his own face mask. Nelson tackled him exactly the way he should have.I think he launched, never wrapped. I'm sure some will say he targeted. I disagree. No one wraps these days. The Steeler blogs are fun reading this morning.
December 29, 201411 yr Perfectly legal hit. Rules about high hits will force guys to go low. Send your stud RB on a crossing route and this may happen. Tomlin made some critical errors also. Fake punt was a disaster. I think Tomlin is a loose cannon, he will eventually do something really stupid.
December 29, 201411 yr I think he launched, never wrapped. I'm sure some will say he targeted. I disagree. No one wraps these days. The Steeler blogs are fun reading this morning. Wow I sure hope Steeler fans are crying about that hit??
December 29, 201411 yr I think he launched, never wrapped. I'm sure some will say he targeted. I disagree. No one wraps these days. The Steeler blogs are fun reading this morning. Who cares if he launched, and you are correct no one wraps these days. When the offense is allowed to "cut" block,I will not have any issue with a defender going low to make a tackle...not saying Nelson went low just talking in general.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.