Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pittsburgh 27 Cincinnati 17

Featured Replies

A lot of these guys have charities that they raise money for. So, the jersey swapping is no big deal IMO.

 

Who had the worst game? In my opinion, it wasn't even close. Paul Guenther. After doing everything imaginable last week to try and confuse Manning with what coverage they were going to play, tonight there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. I almost wondered if I was watching Rocky IV where he goes out and punches as a right-hander for the beginning of the fight. I thought surely to goodness after halftime they'd come with all sorts of blitzes and such, and force the Steelers to adjust on the fly. But, nope. Same old four man rush. I'd love to hear the reasoning.

  • Replies 112
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He could have gone for the thigh or the ankles. He had plenty of time to decide.

 

So perhaps he was aiming for the thigh and missed by 6 inches. I don't know if he was, but I don't think it is that easy to make sure you don't hit the knee if you are tackling low.

  • Author
A lot of these guys have charities that they raise money for. So, the jersey swapping is no big deal IMO.

 

.

 

Time and a place to get the jerseys to the charities. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Time and a place to get the jerseys to the charities. It just doesn't sit well with me.

 

So are you also against anybody smiling (from the losing side) when they go to midfield to shake hands too?

Time and a place to get the jerseys to the charities. It just doesn't sit well with me.

 

They do it a lot in soccer. Not saying it's right, but it happens a lot.

  • Author
So are you also against anybody smiling (from the losing side) when they go to midfield to shake hands too?

 

Smiling? About what? Losing? Uh, yeah.

 

You can shake hands and congratulate. Don't turn it into a family reunion and an autograph session.

  • Author
They do it a lot in soccer. Not saying it's right, but it happens a lot.

 

Too easy.

A lot of these guys have charities that they raise money for. So, the jersey swapping is no big deal IMO.

 

Who had the worst game? In my opinion, it wasn't even close. Paul Guenther. After doing everything imaginable last week to try and confuse Manning with what coverage they were going to play, tonight there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. I almost wondered if I was watching Rocky IV where he goes out and punches as a right-hander for the beginning of the fight. I thought surely to goodness after halftime they'd come with all sorts of blitzes and such, and force the Steelers to adjust on the fly. But, nope. Same old four man rush. I'd love to hear the reasoning.

I would agree. The defense got no pressure on Big Ben all night and when the offense is struggling like they did the defense needs to step up, they failed.

He could have gone for the thigh or the ankles. He had plenty of time to decide.

 

Just watched the relays again, and it looked like the impacted him in the thigh pad; but unfortunately his leg was planted at the time and the knee took the brunt of the hit.

I would agree. The defense got no pressure on Big Ben all night and when the offense is struggling like they did the defense needs to step up, they failed.

 

The Bengals game plan against Ben is don't blitz, maintain your rushing lane, keep Ben in the pocket and compress the pocket around him. That game plan is the right one, but you have to mix in a few more blitzes than what the Bengals did tonight.

  • Author
Just watched the relays again, and it looked like the impacted him in the thigh pad; but unfortunately his leg was planted at the time and the knee took the brunt of the hit.

 

Legal hit. I get why the Steelers are mad. I'm not saying it was cheap. Not saying it needs a fine. I am just saying "I get it."

I would agree. The defense got no pressure on Big Ben all night and when the offense is struggling like they did the defense needs to step up, they failed.

 

Both lines were embarrassing tonight! "O" line was overrun most of the night, often when Steelers rushed only three. "D" Line got zero pressure all night--Ben could have been sitting on the can and still completed passes, instead of running there at the breaks.

The Bengals game plan against Ben is don't blitz, maintain your rushing lane, keep Ben in the pocket and compress the pocket around him. That game plan is the right one, but you have to mix in a few more blitzes than what the Bengals did tonight.

 

That's fine, if you want to rush just four, go ahead and do it. But, at least make him and the linemen think about which four are coming. There was little doubt tonight.

AJ Green can only dream of being the impact player Antonio Brown is. That and the Steelers dominating the LOS on both sides of the ball was the difference...

Legal hit. I get why the Steelers are mad. I'm not saying it was cheap. Not saying it needs a fine. I am just saying "I get it."

 

Steelers & Tomlin are upset because Bell got hurt--Get it!! When they look at the replays, they'll see it was just a bad timing accident. Legal hit above the knee, but the leg was planted and hyperextended the knee.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.