December 4, 201411 yr Yep. Duke is going 40-0. After last nights games they could also beat the Sixers and T Wolves..
December 4, 201411 yr Real talk.....if we don't get a Duke/UK game this year I will feel cheated. WE DESERVE THAT GAME!!!!!!! I really hope that the committee puts them on opposite end of the brackets because it would be awesome to see these two square off in the final game.
December 4, 201411 yr I really hope that the committee puts them on opposite end of the brackets because it would be awesome to see these two square off in the final game. Believe it or not, I rarely actually cheer against UK... That would be one time I definitely did. :lol2:
December 4, 201411 yr I was really impressed with the play of Tyus Jones. I've watched a lot of freshman point guard play over the last couple years and he certainly didn't play like one last night. I thought Duke's defense was interesting too, the way they were switching everything. Didn't seem like Wisconsin capitalized on those switches enough.
December 4, 201411 yr Jay Bilas: "When a team is behind, they need consecutive stops followed by baskets". Really? I think we may have found the John Madden of college basketball. I wouldn't want anyone else doing a game that I watch. He does more homework and knows more about the players on the court than anyone in the business. Would you rather have Jay Bilas or someone like Bobby Knight that doesn't even know the players names? Give me Jay Bilas every game.
December 4, 201411 yr I've had a little time to think about it. Duke and UK are the best two teams I've watched this season. I would love to see them do battle this season. I feel like it's 1a) Kentucky 1b) Duke...then a group just below them that is Arizona, Wisconsin, Louisville
December 4, 201411 yr Jay Bilas: "When a team is behind, they need consecutive stops followed by baskets". Really? I think we may have found the John Madden of college basketball. The only thing missing was: "and then BOOM, you're back in the game."
December 4, 201411 yr Anything can happen in a one-and-done tournament (see UK vs West Virginia 2010) but if the season progresses like I think it will UK and Duke should play in the championship game in April. Duke is very, very good. Everyone is talking UK 40-0. The Blue Devils have the talent to do the same. Of course, I don't think either team will go undefeated, not in this era of college basketball, but these are the two best teams I've seen this season. If anything, Duke is more fluid and balanced on offense than UK. They haven't got a Poythress weakness at the 3 like UK has, and their perimeter game is better. Their defense may not be totally at the level of UK but it's not far off. I would still pick the Cats in a championship game vs Duke but it would be a narrow margin and an intense game.
December 4, 201411 yr Anything can happen in a one-and-done tournament (see UK vs West Virginia 2010) but if the season progresses like I think it will UK and Duke should play in the championship game in April. Duke is very, very good. Everyone is talking UK 40-0. The Blue Devils have the talent to do the same. Of course, I don't think either team will go undefeated, not in this era of college basketball, but these are the two best teams I've seen this season. If anything, Duke is more fluid and balanced on offense than UK. They haven't got a Poythress weakness at the 3 like UK has, and their perimeter game is better. Their defense may not be totally at the level of UK but it's not far off. I would still pick the Cats in a championship game vs Duke but it would be a narrow margin and an intense game. Where I like Duke more than UK is that they have star like players on their team you can give the ball to and get a basket. Who is that on UK's team? Randle was the guy last season as wild as he was. Aaron has made big shots, but nobody has shown me to have the capability of taking over a game yet.
December 4, 201411 yr Where I like Duke more than UK is that they have star like players on their team you can give the ball to and get a basket. Who is that on UK's team? Randle was the guy last season as wild as he was. Aaron has made big shots, but nobody has shown me to have the capability of taking over a game yet. Agreed.
December 4, 201411 yr Where I like Duke more than UK is that they have star like players on their team you can give the ball to and get a basket. Who is that on UK's team? Randle was the guy last season as wild as he was. Aaron has made big shots, but nobody has shown me to have the capability of taking over a game yet. Not saying I disagree with you, but it hasn't been needed since they have so many weapons. We may not ever need to see it.
December 4, 201411 yr Where would Duke finish in the Eastern Conference? You have to think a top 3 seed.
December 4, 201411 yr Not saying I disagree with you, but it hasn't been needed since they have so many weapons. We may not ever need to see it. Let's hope not!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.