November 30, 201411 yr One player said Dalton threw up about 20 times before the game. Wow! What a gutsy performance.
November 30, 201411 yr Someone help me out with what the call was on the completion by TB in the final minute that was overturned. While TB obviously had 12 men on the field, I thought that the officials couldn't use replay to retroactively call a penalty that they missed. Or is that even what the call was? I was in a bar and the sound was down on the Bengals game so I didn't hear what the officials said after the fact.
November 30, 201411 yr Someone help me out with what the call was on the completion by TB in the final minute that was overturned. While TB obviously had 12 men on the field' date=' I thought that the officials couldn't use replay to retroactively call a penalty that they missed. Or is that even what the call was? I was in a bar and the sound was down on the Bengals game so I didn't hear what the officials said after the fact.[/quote'] Officials can call the 12 man penalty even if it was missed.
November 30, 201411 yr Officials can call the 12 man penalty even if it was missed. Huh. Learn something new every day.
November 30, 201411 yr Someone help me out with what the call was on the completion by TB in the final minute that was overturned. While TB obviously had 12 men on the field, I thought that the officials couldn't use replay to retroactively call a penalty that they missed. Or is that even what the call was? I was in a bar and the sound was down on the Bengals game so I didn't hear what the officials said after the fact. Marvin threw a challenge flag because he knew they had 12 men. You can't or challenge in the last two minutes, it automatically becomes a TO. The booth then decided to review and that penalty can be overturned by replay. Bengals were still charged a TO, but a pretty good trade off. Actually, very smart by Marvin. Quite unusual for Marvin.
November 30, 201411 yr One player said Dalton threw up about 20 times before the game. I guess that would be cause for some slack.
November 30, 201411 yr I thought the officials struggled today. They called EVERYTHING. So many ticky tacky calls on DB's. I don't know why teams don't throw every down. Seems like you have great odds of getting a defensive holding or hands to the face one out of three times... How do the refs miss 12 men on the field too??? Terrible.
November 30, 201411 yr Wow! What a gutsy performance. One player said Dalton threw up about 20 times before the game. I don't call it gutsy. I call it stupid. The way he played he hurt is more than helped us. Could have cost us a game against one of the worst teams in the league.
November 30, 201411 yr Wow! What a gutsy performance. One player said Dalton threw up about 20 times before the game. Someone help me out with what the call was on the completion by TB in the final minute that was overturned. While TB obviously had 12 men on the field, I thought that the officials couldn't use replay to retroactively call a penalty that they missed. Or is that even what the call was? I was in a bar and the sound was down on the Bengals game so I didn't hear what the officials said after the fact. Last year you can't review for 12 men in the field. That was changed this year.
November 30, 201411 yr Horrible coaching by Marvin overall but he did save us with the best challenge of his career. Mhopefully we don't have to wait another 12 years for his next in game great decision. Time management in the first half was, as usual, absolutley horrible but we got lucky it didn't hurt us. Thank the defense for this one because our franchise QB did his best to give the game away. I wouldn't go as far as FC said that he p,ayed great in the 2nd half because he had at least a dozen passes only to the line of scrimmage and several on 3rd downs. He didn't convert the ones we needed to to ice the game or score and it came down to the last second and a defensive play to save the game. Im ecstatic about the win!!! 1 1/2 games up on the other bad teams in our division. True I probably shouldn't have used the word great but he did play good in the second half. He fit a few throws into tight windows. Hit that huge third down on the pass to Wright that helped flip field position and take more time off the clock. Even the throws in the second half that was incomplete were on the money but dropped by Green and then Sanu. That drop by Sanu was perfectly placed and would have been a huge play. So I am happy with the second half, but I definitely didnt forget how horrible the first half was lol However as you said they are 1 and a half games up in the division and that is all that matters. Who dey!
December 1, 201411 yr The rule was changed after a game last year when it was an unsportsman penalty for challenging a play in the last 2 minutes or OT because that is handled on the field and it sparked all kinds of controversy. Now losing a Time Out is the penalty. Now NFL is saying that NY replay officials caught it and were going to buzz the on-field ref before the next play.........I'm not sure I believe that so even though Marvin could not challenge the play I think his actions allowed the play to be reviewed.
December 1, 201411 yr Wow! What a gutsy performance. One player said Dalton threw up about 20 times before the game. The rule was changed after a game last year when it was an unsportsman penalty for challenging a play in the last 2 minutes or OT because that is handled on the field and it sparked all kinds of controversy. Now losing a Time Out is the penalty. Now NFL is saying that NY replay officials caught it and were going to buzz the on-field ref before the next play.........I'm not sure I believe that so even though Marvin could not challenge the play I think his actions allowed the play to be reviewed. Yea I heard Boomer say that NY was going to make the call even if Marvin didn't challenge which I also think would not have happened. The Bucs snapped the ball for the next play so if NY was going to make the call they already would have.
December 1, 201411 yr I don't call it gutsy. I call it stupid. The way he played he hurt is more than helped us. Could have cost us a game against one of the worst teams in the league. Not stupid on Dalton's part...any athlete wants to compete. It is stupid on the part of Marvin and Hue though. If our back up QB isn't good enough to beat Tampa, why is he our back up?
December 1, 201411 yr Not stupid on Dalton's part...any athlete wants to compete. It is stupid on the part of Marvin and Hue though. If our back up QB isn't good enough to beat Tampa, why is he our back up? Because there are 32 NFL teams and only about 10-12 competent QBs in the league.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.