Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 14 Bucs 13

Featured Replies

I guess I just have a different view of what courageous is. It wasn't as if he was running into a burning building saving a family of 6. He was playing a game. I'm at work a little under the weather, is it courageous of me working?

 

I do agree it wasn't smart. Also, again, I don't blame Andy because just like me at work (because I'm such a trooper lol) anyone would want to play if they physically could. I blame the coaches for after seeing how horrible he was playing, not making a change. That is who I fault.

 

The Bengals got the win in spite of Dalton's performance and Marvin's coaching through 58 minutes of the game....still got to give Marvin props for throwing the challenge flag even though I don't even think he was smart enough to know the rules on that with under 2 mins left lol. I think it was a genius challenge that he stumbled on by mistake lol.

 

You don't have over 2000 pounds of defense trying to take your head off while you puke your guts out and run around trying to avoid them and make a play in front of a large live and TV audience. I agree that there is no comparison to real life heroes but when has that ever been our bottom line for sports? AD showed as much courage as someone can in a sports setting. QB's are a prime target and to go out there not 100%, particularly the way the O-line was playing, took courage or whatever we want to call it in sports. Determination maybe. He knows if he doesn't perform he's going to get blasted. He sucked it up and did ok in the second half which also indicates he's made of pretty stern stuff.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't have over 2000 pounds of defense trying to take your head off while you puke your guts out and run around trying to avoid them and make a play in front of a large live and TV audience. I agree that there is no comparison to real life heroes but when has that ever been our bottom line for sports? AD showed as much courage as someone can in a sports setting. QB's are a prime target and to go out there not 100%, particularly the way the O-line was playing, took courage or whatever we want to call it in sports. Determination maybe. He knows if he doesn't perform he's going to get blasted. He sucked it up and did ok in the second half which also indicates he's made of pretty stern stuff.

We will just agree to disagree. You look at it as being courageous and I look at it as being selfish. He actually hurt the team more than helped them and there were 21 other players out there that were busting their butts to get the W and had to pick up major slack that was left from Dalton himself playing.

 

I just think it was more selfish than anything. Sorry

I guess I just have a different view of what courageous is. It wasn't as if he was running into a burning building saving a family of 6. He was playing a game. I'm at work a little under the weather, is it courageous of me working?

 

I do agree it wasn't smart. Also, again, I don't blame Andy because just like me at work (because I'm such a trooper lol) anyone would want to play if they physically could. I blame the coaches for after seeing how horrible he was playing, not making a change. That is who I fault.

 

The Bengals got the win in spite of Dalton's performance and Marvin's coaching through 58 minutes of the game....still got to give Marvin props for throwing the challenge flag even though I don't even think he was smart enough to know the rules on that with under 2 mins left lol. I think it was a genius challenge that he stumbled on by mistake lol.

 

 

 

If it is anything in the vicinity of genius, you can bet he stumbles onto it. He will lose you a season's worth of games before he will be instrumental in winning you a single one. Jump all over me but I just think he is a horrendous head coach. I hold my breath just waiting for him or Dalton to do something stupid. We will see that tandem doing their thing many more times I am afraid.

We will just agree to disagree. You look at it as being courageous and I look at it as being selfish. He actually hurt the team more than helped them and there were 21 other players out there that were busting their butts to get the W and had to pick up major slack that was left from Dalton himself playing.

 

I just think it was more selfish than anything. Sorry

 

Do you think that about every athlete who goes out there not 100% or just AD?

 

No way it's selfish, not even in the realm of possibility. It's the definition of being a teammate and a leader.

Some tailgate pics....

 

WP_20141130_001.jpg

 

WP_20141130_011.jpg

 

WP_20141130_012.jpg

 

WP_20141130_006.jpg

I'll give you that the line has problems and they didn't run the ball all that well either. And Dalton is the best QB on the roster for sure. I just don't understand why it's taboo to use a back up QB when the starter is off... In Dalton's case, I'm with the kid and I support him. But today and the Cleveland game, he should have been replaced IMO. Otherwise, why have back ups? If not for 12 men on the field, I think we can all agree, today's game would've probably been an L.

 

Well said! This is exactly what Future Coach and I spent half the night disagreeing on.

I don't blame Dalton for wanting to play... But a coach's main job is to put his players in the best position to succeed... Period.

Just my opinion, but I think Marvin and Hue put the entire team (including Andy) in a tough spot.

At the end of the day...they got the win though. :)

 

Once again in the first in what I quoted you said he should have been replaced. Which shows you are wrong then. You really have no argument saying he should be replaced, when obviously the Bengals made the right decision in sticking with him considering he did play good in the second half. There really wasn't a throw in the second half at all that he was off on. He was on the money in the second half, so that kind of shows they made the right decision to stick with him. As I stated before if he poor play in the 1st half continued in the second half and they still stuck with him, then at least your argument of they should have taken him out would have some weight to it. However since he did play good in the second half, it shows they made the right decision to keep him in then. Who knows how the game would have turned out if they had pulled him. They might have still won, or they may have lost. What we do know is in the second half he played really well and made plays to help them win in the second half after playing horrible in the first half. He would have had to play bad in the second half too for you argument of he should have been taken out to be valid.

Once again in the first in what I quoted you said he should have been replaced. Which shows you are wrong then. You really have no argument saying he should be replaced, when obviously the Bengals made the right decision in sticking with him considering he did play good in the second half. There really wasn't a throw in the second half at all that he was off on. He was on the money in the second half, so that kind of shows they made the right decision to stick with him. As I stated before if he poor play in the 1st half continued in the second half and they still stuck with him, then at least your argument of they should have taken him out would have some weight to it. However since he did play good in the second half, it shows they made the right decision to keep him in then. Who knows how the game would have turned out if they had pulled him. They might have still won, or they may have lost. What we do know is in the second half he played really well and made plays to help them win in the second half after playing horrible in the first half. He would have had to play bad in the second half too for you argument of he should have been taken out to be valid.

I'm glad they won. I'm not wrong for thinking he shouldn't have played while ill. Campbell could have thrown 3 first half picks too. And I'm not wrong for thinking he should have sat after having a rough first half. Just because he didn't throw picks in the second half doesn't mean he had a good half. His throws had very little life on them. He was obviously low on energy. Watch the second half again, Sanu made a tough catch that was almost picked off in traffic. Same for the TD pass that Green made a strong catch on. The balls were fluttering. Green and Sanu both did drop a key throw.

Dalton made 1 great throw... The sideline pass to the rookie receiver.

 

But just because I disagree with you, doesn't make it wrong. I'm saying, I wouldn't have started him in the shape he was in before the game.... Bengals disagree and they started him.

And I'm also saying, as poorly as he played in the first half (which shouldn't have surprised the team, knowing he was sick), I would've benched him for the second half. Again, Bengals disagreed and stuck with him.

 

But, just because he wasn't horrible in the second half doesn't mean they made the right decision. If Tampa didn't give them the game with 12 men, then I guess I would turn it back on you and say , "obviously, they made the wrong decision because Tampa won".

It worked this time... And I hope it works into and through the playoffs.

History says Marvin won't have them prepared for the post season...but I hope on that, I will be wrong. We'll see.

^ and just to be clear... I'm not a Dalton basher. I'm on the fence with the kid, not sold one way or the other until he shows some post season success. Maybe a little unfair, because his head coach has never had that success either and his in his 11th or 12th season compared to Dalton's 4th.

 

I see Andy in that 15 to 20 range of top NFL QB's. I think his physical skills are average to slightly below average. I think his mental make up (competitiveness) is slightly above average.

 

When he is sick...and in his own words it was the worst he ever felt on the football field... He was below average in everything. Bad decisions as well as being physically weak.

Again, I don't fault him. I hope the fact they lucked out with the win, maybe it fires the team up that he played through the illness. Time will tell.

This Steeler game is HUGE!

I'm glad they won. I'm not wrong for thinking he shouldn't have played while ill. Campbell could have thrown 3 first half picks too. And I'm not wrong for thinking he should have sat after having a rough first half. Just because he didn't throw picks in the second half doesn't mean he had a good half. His throws had very little life on them. He was obviously low on energy. Watch the second half again, Sanu made a tough catch that was almost picked off in traffic. Same for the TD pass that Green made a strong catch on. The balls were fluttering. Green and Sanu both did drop a key throw.

Dalton made 1 great throw... The sideline pass to the rookie receiver.

 

But just because I disagree with you, doesn't make it wrong. I'm saying, I wouldn't have started him in the shape he was in before the game.... Bengals disagree and they started him.

And I'm also saying, as poorly as he played in the first half (which shouldn't have surprised the team, knowing he was sick), I would've benched him for the second half. Again, Bengals disagreed and stuck with him.

 

But, just because he wasn't horrible in the second half doesn't mean they made the right decision. If Tampa didn't give them the game with 12 men, then I guess I would turn it back on you and say , "obviously, they made the wrong decision because Tampa won".

It worked this time... And I hope it works into and through the playoffs.

History says Marvin won't have them prepared for the post season...but I hope on that, I will be wrong. We'll see.

 

I have the game on DVR, I think you may need to watch that 2nd half again. If you don't think he did well in the second half. I am not exactly sure what type of throws you are wanting from a QB if you didn't think he threw the ball well in the second half. Basically every pass in the second half was right on the money. That tough catch by Sanu that you said, was a throw that Dalton fit perfectly in between two defenders at a place where on Sanu could catch it. Then on the touchdown to Green where else would you have wanted him to throw that? The defender actually had good coverage on Green. Dalton threw the ball where Green was the only one who had a chance to make a play on it. Anywhere else and the defender would have a chance to make a play on the ball. That throw is the type of throw that I would love to see Dalton make more when throw to Green. In fact I would love it if he could, the guy had good coverage and Dalton put it in a spot where only Green could make a play on it. I am not exactly sure what more you could have wanted from him in terms of throwing the ball in that second half.

Once again in the first in what I quoted you said he should have been replaced. Which shows you are wrong then.

I have to defend footmaster here. Just because they won does not mean it proves he was wrong in thinking that Dalton should have been taken out. It means that they won period. Didn't mean because of Dalton they won, even in the 2nd half he didn't do anything so spectacular that he was the reason they won. To think that no other QB could have done just as good or better is simply silly.

 

Yes the Bengals won, are you trying to say it is guaranteed they would have lost if Campbell came in? I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have done any worse with Campbell than with Dalton yesterday. That isn't saying I want Campbell to start next week because I don't. I am simply talking about yesterdays game.

^ and just to be clear... I'm not a Dalton basher. I'm on the fence with the kid, not sold one way or the other until he shows some post season success. Maybe a little unfair, because his head coach has never had that success either and his in his 11th or 12th season compared to Dalton's 4th.

 

I see Andy in that 15 to 20 range of top NFL QB's. I think his physical skills are average to slightly below average. I think his mental make up (competitiveness) is slightly above average.

 

When he is sick...and in his own words it was the worst he ever felt on the football field... He was below average in everything. Bad decisions as well as being physically weak.

Again, I don't fault him. I hope the fact they lucked out with the win, maybe it fires the team up that he played through the illness. Time will tell.

This Steeler game is HUGE!

 

See everything you say here I can buy. However in a league where many teams have a hard enough time finding starters they can win with, then your not going to start your backup QB in a very meaningful game if you starter can give it a go. You say even start Campbell and then bring in Dalton if he struggles. Now your wanting someone who is sick who is coming off the bench cold to try to save the game if the backup had struggled. You give the starter a chance, and he sucked in the first half. I wouldn't have been surprised if they did tell him at half that if his play didn't get better that the would pull him. However his play in the second half was good, so it was the right decision to play him.

I have to defend footmaster here. Just because they won does not mean it proves he was wrong in thinking that Dalton should have been taken out. It means that they won period. Didn't mean because of Dalton they won, even in the 2nd half he didn't do anything so spectacular that he was the reason they won. To think that no other QB could have done just as good or better is simply silly.

 

Yes the Bengals won, are you trying to say it is guaranteed they would have lost if Campbell came in? I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have done any worse with Campbell than with Dalton yesterday. That isn't saying I want Campbell to start next week because I don't. I am simply talking about yesterdays game.

 

What you are talking about is a lot of what ifs. We do know what happened in this game by keeping Dalton in, and that is Dalton playing well in the second half and the team winning. In fact if it wasn't for dropped passes and a bogus OPI call on Green then it probably doesn't even come down to that dramatic finish. Yes Campbell could have came in and maybe did well enough for them to win, or maybe he comes in and then he starts throwing interceptions like Dalton did in the first and they end up losing. We have no idea how it would have turned out. So to think that Campbell going in would have done the same or better is just silly. We have no idea what would have happened. What we do know is Dalton after a terrible first half, did go out and play a good second half which shows it was the right decision to keep him in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.