Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 14 Bucs 13

Featured Replies

I'll give you that the line has problems and they didn't run the ball all that well either. And Dalton is the best QB on the roster for sure. I just don't understand why it's taboo to use a back up QB when the starter is off... In Dalton's case, I'm with the kid and I support him. But today and the Cleveland game, he should have been replaced IMO. Otherwise, why have back ups? If not for 12 men on the field, I think we can all agree, today's game would've probably been an L.

 

And I agree Dalton should have been pulled sooner in the Cleveland game. I would have gone to Campbell at the start of the 4th quarter. Campbell did play in that Cleveland game and did nothing. It was only one drive at the end but he did play and he did nothing.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing's for sure... The O line and Dalton all better play at a much higher level.... Or it will be another very short post season for the Bengals.

I am absolutely amazed the Phil Jackson and the Chicago Bulls let Michael Jordan play when he had the flu. Crazy. They had Steve Kerr who could have played more minutes. :puke:

 

:rolleyes:

 

 

Enough of that. On the game, the Bengals overrated offensive line got abused again. Dalton's performances are usually a reflection of the protection he is getting. Today he was under pressure all day. The Bengals are trying to hide the line with quick release passes.

 

Smith's absence is a killer.

Bottom line the Bengals got the victory. Good thing for the Bengals is they played about one of four teams that they could have beated playing, and coaching decisions that were very poor. Winning three road games in a row is almost unheard of in the NFL. Having said that, they must come out ready to play the Steelers this week, or it will be a LONG day for the team in stripes.

The Steelers scare me this week. They are so hot and cold and may be due for a hot week...and who knows which Bengals team will show up????

The Steelers scare me this week. They are so hot and cold and may be due for a hot week...and who knows which Bengals team will show up????

They are playing the Bengals.....The Steelers will be hot again.

I am absolutely amazed the Phil Jackson and the Chicago Bulls let Michael Jordan play when he had the flu. Crazy. They had Steve Kerr who could have played more minutes. :puke:

 

:rolleyes:

 

 

Enough of that. On the game, the Bengals overrated offensive line got abused again. Dalton's performances are usually a reflection of the protection he is getting. Today he was under pressure all day. The Bengals are trying to hide the line with quick release passes.

Are you actually comparing Michael Jordans performance when he had the flu to Andy Dalton's 3 int in the 1st half alone performance yesterday?

 

 

wow :ohbrother:

 

First lets just say Andy Dalton is no Michael Jordan.

 

Now that we have that straightened out, lets look at this.

 

Jordan scored 38 points in the "Flu Game"

Dalton threw 3 INT's

Dalton had a QB Rating of 60 yesterday

Dalton is no Michael Jordan.

 

nuff said.

They are playing the Bengals.....The Steelers will be hot again.

Sounds like Kiesel has a torn tricep and will miss the rest of the season...

So, that may help the Bengals running attack.... Maybe. :)

Sounds like Kiesel has a torn tricep and will miss the rest of the season...

So, that may help the Bengals running attack.... Maybe. :)

The best thing I saw from the game yesterday was that Hill started even with a healthy Gio back. Hill is a beast and I would love to see them experiment next year with both Hill and Bernard in the backfield together.

One player said Dalton threw up about 20 times before the game.

 

 

He is pretty bad but you have to give him credit for having the guts to be out there while sick.

Whew, this has been another one of those threads where people's philosophy's are just different. I would have started AD and then pulled him at halftime. I texted my brother that when I learned AD was sick. I would have been wrong. AD played well the 2nd half. These coaches know more on each of these teams than any of us. We have no idea what these guys do during practice or how they prepare. Each coach has different philosophies, also.

 

Comparing JFF to Campbell and the teams is not the same. JFF is going to QB the Browns eventually (we'll see how he dose probably the rest of this year and next), Campbell is never going to be the long term answer with the Bengals short haul or long haul. Even though I get frustrated with Marvin on playing AD when he is stinking, it is pretty obvious AD is going to play regardless.

 

If results are the bottom line with wins and losses in the regular season, AD has been very good. Playoffs we all know, no argument there, but you have to play him.

Whew, this has been another one of those threads where people's philosophy's are just different. I would have started AD and then pulled him at halftime.

I would have done the exact same. I made a comment to my son after his 3rd INT that he wouldn't be playing the 2nd half at all. That was before I even knew he was sick. Being sick and if I knew of that fact he would have been pulled after his 2nd Int. That is what gets me the most, people are acting as if it was so courageous of him by playing sick. I have a different view on it, I find it very selfish that he would play and possibly hurt the teams chances of winning. Not so much on him as I stated earlier because every player wants to play, but the coaches knowing he was sick and then on top of that how poorly he played. After the 2nd int if I was a coach and knew he was sick I would have taken him out then and there. Don't be fooled folks, Andy didn't win the game for the Bengals, he actually did everything he could to try and lose it for them. It wasn't anything courageous about the way he played.

 

Coaches screwed up there and should be the ones held accountable for putting the team in that position against the 2nd worst team in the entire NFL.

 

Coaches screwed up there and should be the ones held accountable for putting the team in that position against the 2nd worst team in the entire NFL.

Well said! This is exactly what Future Coach and I spent half the night disagreeing on.

I don't blame Dalton for wanting to play... But a coach's main job is to put his players in the best position to succeed... Period.

Just my opinion, but I think Marvin and Hue put the entire team (including Andy) in a tough spot.

At the end of the day...they got the win though. :)

I would have done the exact same. I made a comment to my son after his 3rd INT that he wouldn't be playing the 2nd half at all. That was before I even knew he was sick. Being sick and if I knew of that fact he would have been pulled after his 2nd Int. That is what gets me the most, people are acting as if it was so courageous of him by playing sick. I have a different view on it, I find it very selfish that he would play and possibly hurt the teams chances of winning. Not so much on him as I stated earlier because every player wants to play, but the coaches knowing he was sick and then on top of that how poorly he played. After the 2nd int if I was a coach and knew he was sick I would have taken him out then and there. Don't be fooled folks, Andy didn't win the game for the Bengals, he actually did everything he could to try and lose it for them. It wasn't anything courageous about the way he played.

 

Coaches screwed up there and should be the ones held accountable for putting the team in that position against the 2nd worst team in the entire NFL.

 

Can't call it anything but courageous, particularly with all the moving around he had to do with the O-line problems. Was it smart? Of course not but we give shout outs all the time to people who get out there hurt when they can't play at 100%. It's on the coaches to determine what is best for the team. I am glad AD gutted it out for the second half where he did well. I would not have given him the chance if it were my decision.

Can't call it anything but courageous, particularly with all the moving around he had to do with the O-line problems. Was it smart? Of course not but we give shout outs all the time to people who get out there hurt when they can't play at 100%. It's on the coaches to determine what is best for the team. I am glad AD gutted it out for the second half where he did well. I would not have given him the chance if it were my decision.

I guess I just have a different view of what courageous is. It wasn't as if he was running into a burning building saving a family of 6. He was playing a game. I'm at work a little under the weather, is it courageous of me working?

 

I do agree it wasn't smart. Also, again, I don't blame Andy because just like me at work (because I'm such a trooper lol) anyone would want to play if they physically could. I blame the coaches for after seeing how horrible he was playing, not making a change. That is who I fault.

 

The Bengals got the win in spite of Dalton's performance and Marvin's coaching through 58 minutes of the game....still got to give Marvin props for throwing the challenge flag even though I don't even think he was smart enough to know the rules on that with under 2 mins left lol. I think it was a genius challenge that he stumbled on by mistake lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.