December 1, 201411 yr Dalton is clearly a better QB than Campbell... But when you are very sick (throwing up 20 times before the game) that's almost the same as being injured. And even if he wasn't sick, after 3 picks he should have been benched. It worked out fine when Ken Anderson was benched for Turk Shonert for playing poorly. Anderson went on to an MVP season and the Bengals made it to the Super Bowl. Dalton also should have been benched halfway through the Cleveland game. Not saying he should lose his job to Campbell... No way! But some days, you just don't have it. Since when has it become the law that a starting QB only comes out when they are seriously injured? Just like the idiots in Houston... If Mallett was really hurting...and he clearly was, he should have been benched. They prob could have beaten the Bengals that day with Fitzpatrick. When they pulled Anderson it was the first game of the year and not in a tight race for the playoffs with one month left. You wanted them to put in a guy who has taken a snap since August in game. Then your sitting here still complaining about them not taking him out when it showed he made the right decision keeping him in because he played good in the second half and was putting his passes exactly in the right spots. If it wasn't for drops it probably doesn't come down to the last play. That showed today it was the right decision to keep him in. A few weeks ago against Cleveland I could have bought your argument though a little bit more.
December 1, 201411 yr Again, Dalton is the best QB on the roster. Sadly, he's so far been the most successful QB in Bengal history when it comes to wins and playoff births. And for that, I still support the kid. That being said, so what! If he's hurting the team, let him sit once in awhile. Campbell did actually go 8-8 in Oakland of all places. And he does know Hue's offense. Usually I'd stick with Dalton... But in that Cleveland game, he should have been pulled. And today, he probably shouldn't have started. Let him rest a bit and try to feel better. Campbell surely wouldn't have done any worse than 3 picks in the first half. And if he did, then you put Dalton in and see if he can gut it out. Jeez, these aren't children... They are suppose to be grow professional football players. Put the ego aside and do what's best for the team. Usually the best thing is to go with Andy... But as I pointed out with Anderson in '81...even an MVP QB on his way to a Super Bowl was pulled out of a game. And I don't care if coaches don't do it now a days... The point is: they should.
December 1, 201411 yr When they pulled Anderson it was the first game of the year and not in a tight race for the playoffs with one month left. You wanted them to put in a guy who has taken a snap since August in game. Forrest Gregg had guts... It wouldn't have mattered when the game was. If his QB or running back or anyone was totally screwing up, he'd pull them.
December 1, 201411 yr Again, Dalton is the best QB on the roster. Sadly, he's so far been the most successful QB in Bengal history when it comes to wins and playoff births. And for that, I still support the kid. That being said, so what! If he's hurting the team, let him sit once in awhile. Campbell did actually go 8-8 in Oakland of all places. And he does know Hue's offense. Usually I'd stick with Dalton... But in that Cleveland game, he should have been pulled. And today, he probably shouldn't have started. Let him rest a bit and try to feel better. Campbell surely wouldn't have done any worse than 3 picks in the first half. And if he did, then you put Dalton in and see if he can gut it out. Jeez, these aren't children... They are suppose to be grow professional football players. Put the ego aside and do what's best for the team. Usually the best thing is to go with Andy... But as I pointed out with Anderson in '81...even an MVP QB on his way to a Super Bowl was pulled out of a game. And I don't care if coaches don't do it now a days... The point is: they should. As I said already the backup qb is always the favorite player of fans. Its funny though because in the pre season especially after Campbell's first game people talked about how bad he was and how the Bengals are in a lot of trouble if Campbell has to play and now people want him in. If Dalton doesn't play by his own choice or Marvin's. Then Campbell goes out there and sucks and maybe throw picks too and the Bengals lose. People then complain you are paying him 100 million and in the middle of a playoff race and you sit him for a guy who hasn't played since January? Your example of Ken Anderson happened the first game of the year not game 12. You never hear of coaches sitting their Qb because they are sick or let me clarify this now. You Dont see coaches pull there established starter in the middle of a game in a one score game to put a player like Campbell in. It just makes no sense. Which it shows they made the right decision keep him in and not Campbell because Dalton did just fine in the second half. So now its just complaining to complain.
December 1, 201411 yr Forrest Gregg had guts... It wouldn't have mattered when the game was. If his QB or running back or anyone was totally screwing up, he'd pull them. Seriously dude you are complaining now just to complain. If Dalton kept sucking then you at least have a point. However he did just fine in the second half. So it shows the right choice was made to keep him in. At least chose a game like the browns game a few weeks ago where he sucked all game to say how he should have been pulled. I could buy that argument a little more. However your complaining when the right decision to keep him in was made because his bad play didn't continue.
December 1, 201411 yr Seriously dude you are complaining now just to complain. If Dalton kept sucking then you at least have a point. However he did just fine in the second half. So it shows the right choice was made to keep him in. At least chose a game like the browns game a few weeks ago where he sucked all game to say how he should have been pulled. I could buy that argument a little more. However your complaining when the right decision to keep him in was made because his bad play didn't continue. Again dude, as HB pointed out, you are wrong! I did point out that Browns game and I also stated he shouldn't have started today more so than being pulled. Jeez, he didn't have a cold. He was throwing up and had no sleep for hours. He was dehydrated... Don't accuse me of complaining just to complain. I just have an opinion and it's every bit as valid as yours.
December 1, 201411 yr Again dude, as HB pointed out, you are wrong! I did point out that Browns game and I also stated he shouldn't have started today more so than being pulled. Jeez, he didn't have a cold. He was throwing up and had no sleep for hours. He was dehydrated... Don't accuse me of complaining just to complain. I just have an opinion and it's every bit as valid as yours. What did HB pull out that I was wrong about? HB said that the Browns pulled Hoyer today, hmm I didn't realize when they pulled Hoyer today it was Jason Campbell that they put in for him. You and HB may want to go back and look at what I said. I said there probably is not a coach in the NFL who would have sat Dalton because he was sick to start Campbell instead, while in the middle of a playoff race. Then to go along with that no coach probably pulls their established starter who has taken them to the playoffs the last three years, to put in Jason Campbell. It just doesn't happen, and we haven't seen cases of that happen in the NFL. If the Bengals had a first round pick from this past draft, then maybe and even then it would be a stretch for any coach to pull their starter in a 3 point game. It just wouldn't have happened today basically no matter who was coach. So once again what did HB point out that I was wrong about? Because unless Jason Campbell did go into the game today for Hoyer, I don't think there was anything to show I was wrong in what I said.
December 1, 201411 yr Again dude, as HB pointed out, you are wrong! I did point out that Browns game and I also stated he shouldn't have started today more so than being pulled. Jeez, he didn't have a cold. He was throwing up and had no sleep for hours. He was dehydrated... Don't accuse me of complaining just to complain. I just have an opinion and it's every bit as valid as yours. Which I know you have an opinion, and happen to have different opinions on this and I am telling you why I disagree with your opinion. Just like you are trying to support yours and say how you disagree with mine. Its no more no less. At the end of the day after sucking in the first half, Andy Dalton did play better in the second half and showed it was the right decision not to pull him.
December 1, 201411 yr I am off here for the night. Footmaster it was nice discussing it with you and we just happen to have different opinions that's all. A the end of the day the Bengals won and that is all that matters.
December 1, 201411 yr I am off here for the night. Footmaster it was nice discussing it with you and we just happen to have different opinions that's all. A the end of the day the Bengals won and that is all that matters. Agree with the win, and it was big for them.
December 1, 201411 yr Btw, Dave Lapham just said that Dalton took 30 ounces of IV before the game and was visably physically struggling. Good enough reason for me to start the back up and see if he can spell Andy. If not, put Andy in...but a pro QB should be able to play if the starter is injured... And in this case, severe dehydration is a serious thing.
December 1, 201411 yr I am absolutely amazed the Phil Jackson and the Chicago Bulls let Michael Jordan play when he had the flu. Crazy. They had Steve Kerr who could have played more minutes. :puke: Enough of that. On the game, the Bengals overrated offensive line got abused again. Dalton's performances are usually a reflection of the protection he is getting. Today he was under pressure all day. The Bengals are trying to hide the line with quick release passes.
December 1, 201411 yr Yeah, because Dalton = Jordan. I knew that was coming. The fact is you always play your starter if he can walk onto the field. There are many, many stories about players having great games when they are sick. Pre-emptive strike ... NO, Dalton did not have a great game, but to say Campbell should have started or played is silly. Let's talk about an offensive line that just is not getting the job done.
December 1, 201411 yr I knew that was coming. The fact is you always play your starter if he can walk onto the field. There are many, many stories about players having great games when they are sick. Pre-emptive strike ... NO, Dalton did not have a great game, but to say Campbell should have started or played is silly. Let's talk about an offensive line that just is not getting the job done. I'll give you that the line has problems and they didn't run the ball all that well either. And Dalton is the best QB on the roster for sure. I just don't understand why it's taboo to use a back up QB when the starter is off... In Dalton's case, I'm with the kid and I support him. But today and the Cleveland game, he should have been replaced IMO. Otherwise, why have back ups? If not for 12 men on the field, I think we can all agree, today's game would've probably been an L.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.