Belfry or Johnson Central: What program is more successful the last 10 years

LRCW

Which program has had the most success the past 10 years?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which program has had the most success the past 10 years?

Johnson Central has been a better program than Belfry over the past 10 years due to head-to-head matchups.

Belfry has been the more successful program than Johnson Central due to being one of the top teams in their class over the past 10 years.

I look at it like this. Hypothetical situation. Let's say a 1AA college plays a 1A college every year for 10 years. The 1A school goes 10-0 in this matchup, wins a couple of conference titles and zero national championships. The 1AA school goes to the playoffs 8 years and wins 2 national titles.

It is pretty clear in my mind that the 1A school is a better team, but the 1AA school is the more successful team.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson Central has been a better program than Belfry over the past 10 years due to head-to-head matchups.

Belfry has been the more successful program than Johnson Central due to being one of the top teams in their class over the past 10 years.

I look at it like this. Hypothetical situation. Let's say a 1AA college plays a 1A college every year for 10 years. The 1A school goes 10-0 in this matchup, wins a couple of conference titles and zero national championships. The 1AA school goes to the playoffs 8 years and wins 2 national titles.

It is pretty clear in my mind that the 1A school is a better team, but the 1AA school is the more successful team.

Very fair points

I agree but in my mind program and team mean two different things. If you have a good program your team is consistent, number one. Consistently very competitive with the other top programs in your class or division or conference, whatever the example pertains. A good program also has an aura about them, the intimidation factor, if you will. While Johnson Central does both of these things, Belfry just does them better. In my opinion Belfry has both the better program and the more successful program. JC just has the better team most years.