Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nick Mangold: Mike Mitchell trying to jump line on kneeldown was a dirty play

Featured Replies

I would not coach my guys to do it but I don't blame Mitchell for doing it. The game is not over yet and the offense by taking a knee does not mean the defense has to stop playing. Again, I would NOT coach my guys to do it though. Mitchell definitely got the worst of it too:)...

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitchell has always been a head-hunter. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that other players think he's dirty.

It's poor gamesmanship, but I do not have an issue with it. Similar to how the Bucaneers under Schiano were doing a couple years ago. Just as I did not have a problem with Mangold flipping Mitchell for attempting what he did. Had it been a multiple possession game that is another story.

Just because they are in victory formation doesn't mean you should concede the victory.

It's genuinely the closest he's been to making a play on a ball all season. Kudos to him.

I loved it. I hate conceding anything. It'd have been even funnier if Vick would have fumbled and the Steelers ran the fumble in for a touchdown.

 

Or, it would have been EVEN funnier if Mangold had jack-hammered Mitchell's jaw until it splintered. Super bush-league play.

 

Mitchell should play for Schiano and his never concede style of dive-bombing the victory formation. Oh wait, he grew up and stopped that....and still got whacked.

If you feel like you have to try to bust up the victory formation, sportsmanship dictates that you let your immediate opponent know you're coming so he can prepare, the letter of the law notwithstanding. This way you can "play hard to the final whistle" and not be a jerk about it.

I was trying to remember where I saw the maneuver Mangold put on Mike Mitchell. Then it came to me:

 

I don't think it's dirty--the only person he's going to hurt is himself. Stupid, but not dirty. Bush-league, mmm, maybe, not really offended by it though.

I don't think it's dirty--the only person he's going to hurt is himself. Stupid, but not dirty. Bush-league, mmm, maybe, not really offended by it though.

 

Agree it isn't, per se, dirty.

 

Disagree it is "maybe" bush. To me, it is the very definition of it.

Or, it would have been EVEN funnier if Mangold had jack-hammered Mitchell's jaw until it splintered. Super bush-league play.

 

Mitchell should play for Schiano and his never concede style of dive-bombing the victory formation. Oh wait, he grew up and stopped that....and still got whacked.

 

I'd have laughed at that too. In a sport as violent as football I've always been an anything goes kind of fella.

I don't think it's dirty--the only person he's going to hurt is himself. Stupid, but not dirty. Bush-league, mmm, maybe, not really offended by it though.

 

This is where our opinions diverge. I could see it injuring someone else, and that's why I'm not a fan. He had the whole game to beat them before they got into the victory formation. I'm not a fan of him going at them like this.

This is where our opinions diverge. I could see it injuring someone else, and that's why I'm not a fan. He had the whole game to beat them before they got into the victory formation. I'm not a fan of him going at them like this.

 

The bolded.

If you feel like you have to try to bust up the victory formation, sportsmanship dictates that you let your immediate opponent know you're coming so he can prepare, the letter of the law notwithstanding. This way you can "play hard to the final whistle" and not be a jerk about it.

Um, what?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.