Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nick Mangold: Mike Mitchell trying to jump line on kneeldown was a dirty play

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree it isn't, per se, dirty.

 

Disagree it is "maybe" bush. To me, it is the very definition of it.

 

Not going to disagree, just didn't really bother me much.

This is where our opinions diverge. I could see it injuring someone else, and that's why I'm not a fan. He had the whole game to beat them before they got into the victory formation. I'm not a fan of him going at them like this.

 

Yeah, I guess if he had landed on Vick as he was in his knee-down. Still more likely to injure himself because a lineman suplexed him to the ground.

  • Author
Mike Tomlin of Pittsburgh Steelers doesn't condone Mike Mitchell's late leap against New York Jets - ESPN

 

 

"It was not professional," Tomlin said Tuesday at his weekly news conference. "We don't want to play football like that. Mike is an emotional guy, he's new to us, learning how we do business."

 

That comment by Tomlin doesn't make sense unless he is saying Mitchell has been an out of control football player his entire NFL career.

My son is the longsnapper at EKU. There have been a couple of times this season where an opponent has jumped from the second level to try and block field goals. This is supposed to be illegal and doesn't feel too good when they land on him as he raises up. Instead of complaining about it he simply does this (I apologize for the bad picture, it is a picture of the camera display. I haven't processed the photos yet..):

 

Flip.jpg

 

That usually nips it in the bud pretty quickly. Although he has exchanged a few pleasantries with the flipped player's teammates afterward.

I loved it. I hate conceding anything. It'd have been even funnier if Vick would have fumbled and the Steelers ran the fumble in for a touchdown.

 

If Vick would have fumbled, nobody would be calling it a dirty play...

 

That, and everybody hates the Steelers.

Um, what?

 

"Hey, I'm getting ready to try to catch you off guard and make you fumble. Just FYI."

 

:lol2:

If Vick would have fumbled, nobody would be calling it a dirty play...

 

That, and everybody hates the Steelers.

 

The thing about causing a fumble, I'm not sure it's possible if the QB goes straight into taking a knee from the snap. Vick's knee is down before Mitchell even makes it over the line. Sure it would be a great play if he caused a fumble, but I'm not sure it's in the realm of possibilities unless the QB takes a couple steps back first to milk the clock.

My son is the longsnapper at EKU. There have been a couple of times this season where an opponent has jumped from the second level to try and block field goals. This is supposed to be illegal and doesn't feel too good when they land on him as he raises up. Instead of complaining about it he simply does this (I apologize for the bad picture, it is a picture of the camera display. I haven't processed the photos yet..):

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47829[/ATTACH]

 

That usually nips it in the bud pretty quickly. Although he has exchanged a few pleasantries with the flipped player's teammates afterward.

 

That's a great pic!

That comment by Tomlin doesn't make sense unless he is saying Mitchell has been an out of control football player his entire NFL career.

Well, I think the dive was stupid. But more than that, I think what Tomlin said was ignorant. No matter what, in that situation, you keep that in house and don't throw the player under the bus. (regardless how much I think he stinks, he deserves that) Poor form by Tomlin. He states to the media today that Mitchell said something that he couldn't actually hear clearly and he simply nodded, and he supposes MM thought that was affirmation that Tomlin ok'd the dive. While I have no real reason to doubt that, still just not something you need to say in a presser. Maybe it was a subtle jab at Mitchell. If so, well, perfect.

  • Author
Well, I think the dive was stupid. But more than that, I think what Tomlin said was ignorant. No matter what, in that situation, you keep that in house and don't throw the player under the bus. (regardless how much I think he stinks, he deserves that) Poor form by Tomlin. He states to the media today that Mitchell said something that he couldn't actually hear clearly and he simply nodded, and he supposes MM thought that was affirmation that Tomlin ok'd the dive. While I have no real reason to doubt that, still just not something you need to say in a presser. Maybe it was a subtle jab at Mitchell. If so, well, perfect.

 

I was being nice when I said doesn't make sense, in reality I agree with you, what Tomlin said was ignorant because it can only mean three possible things and none of them are positive for the Steelers:

 

1. Mitchell was and has been a dirty player and we didn't realize it until now. Translation, our organization doesn't know what we are doing when we sign free agents.

2. He was taking a shot at Mitchell. Translation, wow Coach, you are making a big mistake calling a player out in public like that.

3. Tomlin is a an idiot. Translation, it is going to be a long, hard ride.

I was being nice when I said doesn't make sense, in reality I agree with you, what Tomlin said was ignorant because it can only mean three possible things and none of them are positive for the Steelers:

 

1. Mitchell was and has been a dirty player and we didn't realize it until now. Translation, our organization doesn't know what we are doing when we sign free agents.

2. He was taking a shot at Mitchell. Translation, wow Coach, you are making a big mistake calling a player out in public like that.

3. Tomlin is a an idiot. Translation, it is going to be a long, hard ride.

I lean towards this. Minus kickers, it's been James Farrior since a significant free agent was signed in Pburgh.

Rex's profane tirade cost him $100k.

I wish he'd just fade away.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.