Would you rather your favorite team be good in basketball, football or something else

Oldbird

I love the fact that Highlands has traditionally been good in football, but I love going to the sweet 16. This is a tough question for me and that is why I asked it.

I put the thread in the football section just because there is real action going on in basketball and this is an off season kind of question.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is where my heart lies and without question the sport where I most want to see the Pirates have success.

Of course, I like seeing Belfry excel in all sports. I'm happy for the basketball and baseball teams when they do well and I pull for the girls in all sports. I guess that is a vanilla answer that any fan should give, though.

GRC is coming up in football...went a real dry spell after winning the 4A in 1991. Basketball is always competitive in a tuff 10th region. Golf... usually go to state and very competitive every year. Baseball team right in the hunt every season...sports is good at GRC...:thumb:

My favorite sport...Basketball..

It's tough being a football fan in a basketball state, but football is the only game that matters to me.. I would like for the teams I root for to win in all sports because it's important for the kids who work just as hard at their sport to get the support they deserve for their effort...

I would rather they be good in all sports, both girls and boys. There are more than enough athletes in the halls at Highlands to be very good in each and every sport. I would like to see more of the two and three sport athletes rather than the football only. There are only so many scholarships to be given out and those that have gotten them at Highlands in recent years have been multiple sport athletes.

I would rather see my favorite school do pretty well in all sports than exceptionally well in only one. Schools that are exceptional in one or the other can tend to alienate the other sports. When booster programs spend all time and effort supporting one sport (let's say football) it can make the other athletes seem like after thoughts.

That being said, I would love to see a state basketball championship trophy in the lobby.