Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voting experiences today

Featured Replies

Got to mine in Cold Spring about 7:00, was out of there about 30 minutes later.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went around 9:30 decent crowd.

-Lady ignored me for about a minute as she was too busy trying to hear what two other women were talking about.

-Had to show ID...I gave her my conceal carry permit...she just looked at me and said "umm, OK"

-Wasn't explained how to vote or asked if I knew how, she just vaguely pointed in the direction of some empty booths.

-Sticker lady told two people in front of me how to put ballot in...ignored me when I walked up.

-As sticker lady was ignoring me I just stood there waiting, she finally looked at me like I had an alien on my shoulder...I asked for my sticker, and left.

 

Side note: There were 6 or 7 people running for Pulaski County Jailer in the spring, the guy that won only got 21-22% of the vote. Guys that came in 2nd and 3rd with a total of around 38% of the vote combined teamed (just one of their names is registered to be a write in candidates) up to run as a write in candidate for Jailer. It will be interesting to see how well they do today.

Voted around 7:10. Short line. The person before me was greeted warmly and directed to the correct station. I had to ask which station was correct and he simply pointed to the correct station. The lady before me didn't have a picture ID but one of the volunteers knew her so it was all good. I had to show my picture ID and verify I lived at the address on my license. Once I was done voting the person ahead of me was shown the proper way to insert their ballot into the counting machine and given a sticker. The sticker lady didn't show me how to insert my ballot properly nor did she give me a sticker.

 

I've never been more motivated to move away from Junction City, KY.

 

I honestly had a very similar experience this morning...

Voted around 7:10. Short line. The person before me was greeted warmly and directed to the correct station. I had to ask which station was correct and he simply pointed to the correct station. The lady before me didn't have a picture ID but one of the volunteers knew her so it was all good. I had to show my picture ID and verify I lived at the address on my license. Once I was done voting the person ahead of me was shown the proper way to insert their ballot into the counting machine and given a sticker. The sticker lady didn't show me how to insert my ballot properly nor did she give me a sticker.

 

I've never been more motivated to move away from Junction City, KY.

 

VWB.

  • Author
Yep.

 

VWB.

 

Sadly, it sounds like it.

It's the stubble on your face that worried them... #noshavenovember

 

It's groomed though.:idunno:

I honestly had a very similar experience this morning...

 

 

I'm still mad I didn't get my sticker. :no:

Voted around 7:10. Short line. The person before me was greeted warmly and directed to the correct station. I had to ask which station was correct and he simply pointed to the correct station. The lady before me didn't have a picture ID but one of the volunteers knew her so it was all good. I had to show my picture ID and verify I lived at the address on my license. Once I was done voting the person ahead of me was shown the proper way to insert their ballot into the counting machine and given a sticker. The sticker lady didn't show me how to insert my ballot properly nor did she give me a sticker.

 

I've never been more motivated to move away from Junction City, KY.

 

Pretty pitiful, and to think our tax dollars pay for this. Is this worse treatment than you've received in the past or about the same?

VWB.

 

It was surreal. Especially since it seemed like a group effort. I was like EVERYBODY in here got less polite that quickly? So weird.

 

The exit pollsters were very nice. I'm assuming college students from Centre. One had on a St. Xavier sweatshirt. I told him I liked St. X, completed his exit poll and came to work.

I live in Ohio and there is literally nothing big to vote for here this year. A bunch of judges, attorney general and a couple of tax levies. Governor Kasich may as well be running unopposed and is Rep. Chabot.

 

Even living in Cincy, I have seen FAR MORE political commercials from McConnell and Grimes than any Ohio candidates for anything.

 

Went at lunch and it was deserted...did not wait in line at all - maybe saw three other people voting the entire 10 minutes I was there.

Pretty pitiful, and to think our tax dollars pay for this. Is this worse treatment than you've received in the past or about the same?

 

Worst by far. I've never had an experience that I remember so that means it's been good or non eventful. And I'm not asking for a lot, just the same courtesies extended to everyone else around me.

It was surreal. Especially since it seemed like a group effort. I was like EVERYBODY in here got less polite that quickly? So weird.

 

The exit pollsters were very nice. I'm assuming college students from Centre. One had on a St. Xavier sweatshirt. I told him I liked St. X, completed his exit poll and came to work.

 

And folks wonder why other folks feel disenfranchised.

Voted at 815 Conner Middle school. 15 minutes and out. Stood in line, showed license, Voted and gone.

What do you do if someone offers something in exchange for a vote? I'm just curious.

I'm still mad I didn't get my sticker. :no:

Yep I was ticked in May when I didn't get one...that's why I just stood there today and made her give me a sticker!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.