Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voting experiences today

Featured Replies

What do you do if someone offers something in exchange for a vote? I'm just curious.

 

Kick him in the crotch and scream "THIS IS AMERICA, YA TWERP!" Then saunter away while singing "This Land Is Your Land" at the top of your lungs.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went at about 6:45am. Was in and out in less than 5 mins. No line, one guy was finishing and getting up when I was walking to the both. They had 4 or 5 booths setup. Was asked for ID and to verify my address. Voted, asked the sticker guy when I was done if it matter how you put ballot in machine, got my sticker and was out.

 

Ever single local election except for city commission and my school board rep was unopposed so I didn't waste my time voting for the only person on the ballot. So basically I voted for US Senate, state rep, school board, and the city commission. That was out of a 1 1/2 pages of races.

Kick him in the crotch and scream "THIS IS AMERICA, YA TWERP!" Then saunter away while singing "This Land Is Your Land" at the top of your lungs.

 

What if it's a hot girl?

What if it's a hot girl?

 

Kick to the midsection.

 

Stone Cold Stunner.

Voted.

 

Walked in at 7:15, walked out about 7:30.

 

About 15 people in line when I arrived, would estimate about 40 in line when I walked out.

Ditto.

It was surreal. Especially since it seemed like a group effort. I was like EVERYBODY in here got less polite that quickly? So weird.

 

The exit pollsters were very nice. I'm assuming college students from Centre. One had on a St. Xavier sweatshirt. I told him I liked St. X, completed his exit poll and came to work.

 

The alarm went off when you walked in. It was the athletic alarm.

It was surreal. Especially since it seemed like a group effort. I was like EVERYBODY in here got less polite that quickly? So weird.

 

The exit pollsters were very nice. I'm assuming college students from Centre. One had on a St. Xavier sweatshirt. I told him I liked St. X, completed his exit poll and came to work.

They may have been in awe of your athleticism!!!

Voted in Portsmouth Oh this am at 645. not many hot races in Ohio this year. nothing like Ky . Took 5 minutes . I was the 4th person to vote in my "zone"

  • Author
What do you do if someone offers something in exchange for a vote? I'm just curious.

 

Act like you have hidden mic in your collar and pull it towards your mouth and say 'Did you get that? Yeah, OK pick this one up when you make the rounds.'

 

Give evil grin and walk away.

I voted about 6:10 this morning. Didn't have to wait, had to show my ID and got in and out quickly. The lady that checked my ID did make fun of my "George Costanza" wallet, apparently it's worse than her husbands. :lol2:

Edited by Run To State

Curious, it sounds as if most of us were asked for and showed our ID's today. Why is it OK for us to have to do it but many in the rest of the country don't have to? Not highjacking just never understood why it is such a big deal for many.

Act like you have hidden mic in your collar and pull it towards your mouth and say 'Did you get that? Yeah, OK pick this one up when you make the rounds.'

 

Give evil grin and walk away.

 

Haha that is awesome.

Curious, it sounds as if most of us were asked for and showed our ID's today. Why is it OK for us to have to do it but many in the rest of the country don't have to? Not highjacking just never understood why it is such a big deal for many.

 

I concur. Outside my polling place there was a prominent sign stating ID required. I didn't fee disenfranchised in any way.

 

I voted at about 11 this morning. Walked right in got my ballot, voted for the big offices, wrote in "WHO CARES" for County Judge and "DOES IT REALLY MATTER" for County Commissioner since those are 100% symbolic offices in Jefferson County.

  • Author
I'm still mad I didn't get my sticker. :no:

 

I will share.

image-1278737476.jpg

Curious, it sounds as if most of us were asked for and showed our ID's today. Why is it OK for us to have to do it but many in the rest of the country don't have to? Not highjacking just never understood why it is such a big deal for many.

 

Dunno. But a lot of things aren't a big deal to me. I'm a well-educated white dude of above average height with a steady income and good health. Nothing bothers me. What possibly could?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.