Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voting experiences today

Featured Replies

Was Morgan and Morgan still advertising like crazy to legalize pot?

 

Yes, sir. John was running ads all morning on the local radio stations. Them Kentucky boys, I tell ya.

 

BTW, the Amendment was voted down.

 

Also, I hope John Morgan kept Charlie Crist's position available to him. Mr. "Political Party of the Month" lost the Governor's race.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my voting experience I was surprised to see that a guy running for constable in Boyd County was still on the ballot after an "alleged" shooting incident in Ashland, involving the candidate and an acquaintance of his.

Constable, what a joke. Refuse to vote for anyone running for constable.

My process was smooth, even though I went to the wrong polling site. I logically assumed — incorrectly, it turns out — that my place would be at the public library that is about 150 yards from my house. Instead, I had to go two blocks over. Even with having to go to two different places, I was done in less than a half-hour.

 

Didn't get asked for an ID, but my work puts me in the public spotlight so that probably has everything to do with that.

 

I do have one gripe about this election night: What happened to the State Board of Elections site? Used to be you could look up results county-by-county and such, but the only thing up there now is from May's primary.

Constable' date=' what a joke. Refuse to vote for anyone running for constable.[/quote']

 

I agree.. The crazy thing is this man left his friend to die in his front lawn, on a busy street. Police surounded the house, yet he tried to escape from a backside window.

 

He came to my house campaigning, I said, oh your the guy that shor your friend, he threw his arms up and said it was self defense. I said why did you leave him in your front yard and go out a back window an hour later then? No answer to that question. Thankfullly he didnt win.

I am a precinct judge in Southgate . We had a steady stream of voters all day ,so the day went fast if you call sitting for 12 hours fast.This was unlike some primaries in the past . We had 311 voters out of a possible 600+ registered voters .Good turnout .

Voted at a church at 9:30 in the Taylor Mill area and it was very fast and straightforward. Took a little over 5 minutes as there were no lines. No sticker for me though! I will say that it's nice our station offers either electronic voting or a hand ballot so you have options. My father though went earlier and was not informed that he could vote electronically so that's the only hiccup I've heard up here. We were also required to present an ID and confirm our address.
The Electronic machine is considered a handicapped accessible machine .Is your father handicapped . In my Precinct we had one gentleman vote on that machine since he had MS and was in a power chair . Since we had one person vote we had to get a seconn person to vote on that machine . Later on we offered it to people to use when all of our voting booths were filled and asked if they didn't care to wait . I think that it actually took longer to vote on that machine .

If you didn't get a sticker and are complaining about it speak up and ask for it . You got a mouth don't you .

Nice way to get those old ladies' blood flowing! :lol2:
Remember one day you will be an old lady !!!

Everything went smooth for me as well. Got there around 3:30 1 person in front of me who took several minutes, but I usually go in the morning and experience more of a wait. The whole process maybe 5-10 minutes got my sticker and out the door I went.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.