Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voting experiences today

Featured Replies

Did you vote?

 

How did it go? Long lines? Short lines? Issues?

  • Replies 114
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Voted this morning around 7:15. No line. Wife and I showed IDs got our scan ballots, signed the book and were in and out in less than 10 minutes. No sure if that is an indication of turn out.

 

Voted Rs on US Senate and US House. Locally went with Ds for State House, Sheriff and Judge Executive. State Senate was an unopposed R. Voted for incumbents or well known names in local races. About half were unopposed. County Surveyor had no candidates. That may be interesting to see who wins that.

Voted.

 

Walked in at 7:15, walked out about 7:30.

 

About 15 people in line when I arrived, would estimate about 40 in line when I walked out.

Short lines in Villa Hills. I like the paper ballot to scanner system. There were probably 30 people simultaneously voting at Madonna Manor at 7:15. Under the old system, 25 of those voters would have been waiting on line for 5 voting machines to empty.

 

Issues --- goofballs blocking traffic and being a general nuisance about 301 feet from the polls. You have had 100 days to campaign. Get the heck out of the way on election day. Anybody who impedes traffic near the poll or slows me down by 1 second on election day is not getting my vote.

Voted around 7 A.M. Only one person in line in front of my wife and I. The poll worker told us we were the 37th & 38th people to vote in our precinct of around 700 voters this morning.

Not necessarily a long line, but a little longer wait. I was behind 6 people and it took about 15 minutes to get through.

Won't go until after work. I live in a really active and engaged precinct, so it usually runs like clockwork over there.

 

I vote at the same place Mitch McConnell does and so I'm not making the mistake of going in the morning when the TV crews are pestering everyone like they did back during the primary.

Voted around 7:10. Short line. The person before me was greeted warmly and directed to the correct station. I had to ask which station was correct and he simply pointed to the correct station. The lady before me didn't have a picture ID but one of the volunteers knew her so it was all good. I had to show my picture ID and verify I lived at the address on my license. Once I was done voting the person ahead of me was shown the proper way to insert their ballot into the counting machine and given a sticker. The sticker lady didn't show me how to insert my ballot properly nor did she give me a sticker.

 

I've never been more motivated to move away from Junction City, KY.

Got there around 7:30 to avoid lines. In and out quickly as I had hoped. Did not wait in line. Perhaps 7 people already there voting. Opted to sit down with paper ballot. Smooth, quick and easy.

Got there about 6:45 and was out by 7. Seemed like more people than the last mid term.

Voted around 7:10. Short line. The person before me was greeted warmly and directed to the correct station. I had to ask which station was correct and he simply pointed to the correct station. The lady before me didn't have a picture ID but one of the volunteers knew her so it was all good. I had to show my picture ID and verify I lived at the address on my license. Once I was done voting the person ahead of me was shown the proper way to insert their ballot into the counting machine and given a sticker. The sticker lady didn't show me how to insert my ballot properly nor did she give me a sticker.

 

I've never been more motivated to move away from Junction City, KY.

 

How do you verify that you live at the address on your license? Just by saying you live there? :lol2:

It seemed like it took longer for the older lady to open the book and find my name and check my ID than it took for me to vote.

Voted around 7:10. Short line. The person before me was greeted warmly and directed to the correct station. I had to ask which station was correct and he simply pointed to the correct station. The lady before me didn't have a picture ID but one of the volunteers knew her so it was all good. I had to show my picture ID and verify I lived at the address on my license. Once I was done voting the person ahead of me was shown the proper way to insert their ballot into the counting machine and given a sticker. The sticker lady didn't show me how to insert my ballot properly nor did she give me a sticker.

 

I've never been more motivated to move away from Junction City, KY.

 

It's the stubble on your face that worried them... #noshavenovember

Voted around 7:10. Short line. The person before me was greeted warmly and directed to the correct station. I had to ask which station was correct and he simply pointed to the correct station. The lady before me didn't have a picture ID but one of the volunteers knew her so it was all good. I had to show my picture ID and verify I lived at the address on my license. Once I was done voting the person ahead of me was shown the proper way to insert their ballot into the counting machine and given a sticker. The sticker lady didn't show me how to insert my ballot properly nor did she give me a sticker.

 

I've never been more motivated to move away from Junction City, KY.

 

Wow...that's encouraging. :eek:

How do you verify that you live at the address on your license? Just by saying you live there? :lol2:

 

Yep.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.