Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 21 Highlands 6 (JV)

Featured Replies

I think the tide is turning a bit. I don't think it will be as lopsided as it has been going the other way with CCH but I do believe that CCH will win more than they will lose against HHS the next 3 to 4 years. I am a Birds fan and that is just my opinion. The dominance cant last forever and I see a lot more good close games with CCH winning more than they lose.

I agree. I think although Highlands may still win the majority of games in the next 3-4 years, I think the gap may be closing.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take and what I understand. There is a perception that the talent in the last couple freshman classes may be down a little. That may be true to some extent. What I see is still some great talent, but not as much depth as they have had in the past classes. For instance, there were times last year when 7-9 different receivers caught passes with the starting unit. God forbid they only have 3-4 from here on out. But those 3-4 will be very good still. Depth inside each class definitely helps and this may be where adjustments need to be made. However, when you get to the varsity level, each class doesn't have to have a plethora of talent to still be very good if you merge the top talent from 3 classes. So with the "system" they have to prepare kids and the dedication the kids have, there might be a little closing of the gap going on, but I'm not sure that means HHS isn't going to continue to be very good. Heck for a fan, games so far this year have been fun to be at, unlike the last couple years where I'm packing up the kids at halftime. Are our nails a little shorter...sure! But still fun!

Highlands is finishing the unusual level of talent that was evident in the late 90's-early 2000 period and over the last (ok) 7+ yrs but the "in-between" years are still pretty good.............. I do see the level coming up being more in line with the some of the other schools including CCH. It is not based completely on whether a freshman or JV class wins a game as they are not an exact indicator, but I do believe after watching the kids from these classes play, the gap has narrowed. Should make for some great games moving forward, I for one enjoy when this rivalry is actually a rivalry that plays out on the field each year!

Angel for the Colonels is a great looking athlete and player. Hergott for the Birds had 2 runs where he absolutely ran over and crushed a would be tackler. Both of these athletes are good enough to be logging time at the varsity level in some capacity.

Two pages and UK hasn't dropped by to let the Highlands folks know that their reign is over and our JV is better than both schools. Starting to worry about the guy. Hope he's ok.

Angel for the Colonels is a great looking athlete and player. Hergott for the Birds had 2 runs where he absolutely ran over and crushed a would be tackler. Both of these athletes are good enough to be logging time at the varsity level in some capacity.

 

Agree.....Angel is a nice looking player. Hergott as well but he will have to wait until next year for the big stage.

Agree.....Angel is a nice looking player. Hergott as well but he will have to wait until next year for the big stage.

 

Hergott should be playing TE on the varsity level imo..He would be a devastating blocker and a huge target in the Red Zone..

Hergott should be playing TE on the varsity level imo..He would be a devastating blocker and a huge target in the Red Zone..

 

I don't disagree with you on that at all!

Two pages and UK hasn't dropped by to let the Highlands folks know that their reign is over and our JV is better than both schools. Starting to worry about the guy. Hope he's ok.

 

Shhhhhh.....

RCC9 just a question with the School overflowing and no new out of district kids, is that hurting the Football program thanks.

I do not believe it is hurting the program at all. Out of district students represent such a small # overall and an even smaller # for the football program. (Contrary to outsiders' beliefs)

RCC9 just a question with the School overflowing and no new out of district kids, is that hurting the Football program thanks.

 

Could very well be. Highlands doesn't get near the out of district kids that NCC gets - do they dennis12b? :banana:

I don't know much about judging the potential varsity output a few years from now based on how the fresh or jv team does.

I've heard kids talk, complain really, every year about how bad our freshman team is or our JV team can't win a game...

 

Then I tell them that I find it funny that this is being said every year, but those same kids are the ones playing for or winning championships...

RCC9 just a question with the School overflowing and no new out of district kids, is that hurting the Football program thanks.

 

I personally know of 1 family that just had a kid graduate and another 1 that is a Soph at Highlands that live out of district that are very prepared to sell their house and move to Ft Thomas from Highland Heights. They barely got their Soph child in last year with the overflowing numbers and are paying the tuition for him to attend. They have an 8th grade boy and a 6th girl at St Joes and have said there is no way they will send their children to the District school or the Nearby 2 Private high schools.:idunno: Not sure if this answers anything that you are trying to stir, but Highlands will benefit from adding the Frosh boy at Basketball,Baseball & Football and RCC9 will reap the benefit from getting their standout daughter Softball player.:D Thanks....

The DB is out with an injury and has not played any JV yet. Frosh QB has dressed varsity but not JV yet.

 

? Whats the thought process on a decision like this? He's the varsity backup and the JV QB isn't?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.