Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 21 Highlands 6 (JV)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 65
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Now how about that!!!! Trinity hosts the Highlands JVs on October 6.

Heard some of it online.

 

Angel had the first TD. Tuemler had the 3rd.

 

All I know.

Heard some of it online. Angel had the first TD. Tuemler had the 3rd. All I know.

 

Heard Angel has looked good this year. Maybe he'll get some varsity reps?

Congrats to the Blueboys on a nice victory

 

See...that didnt hurt now did it...:thumb:

Heard Angel has looked good this year. Maybe he'll get some varsity reps?

 

Has had a few varsity snaps. Thing is, this group of WR's have some very talented upperclassmen in it - the other Soph's time will come starting next year. He needs to improve his speed and route running IMO.

Edited by Bluedad

Heard Angel has looked good this year. Maybe he'll get some varsity reps?

 

He has gotten some varsity reps. I would expect that to increase. Biggest receiver they have. Probably the best leaper.

No details

 

Just heard the 2nd half on radio.

CCH Angel with 1st half TD from Hentz.

CCH Best with TD on screen pass from Hentz @10 yard line

Highlands Hergott (?) from @3 yard out for a TD. Lined up for a two point conversion but Cov Cath sniffed it out in the backfield.

CCH Tuemler on a reverse from the 14 yard line on a 4th and @ goal.

 

Off and on rain probably made the pass game tough on both sides. Sounds like Hentz to did a nice job managing the game and taking off out of the pocket when the opportunity was there. I know it was Cov Cath radio but they mentioned that Highlands just physically looked a little smaller than in years past.

 

So - I understand that last year marked the first time a Cov Cath team has beaten Highlands at any level since 2006 when the freshmen won. Now the JV does it a year later. I can agree with Frosh games not indicating much more than talent - now JV (IMO) is a much better indicator of what bodes for the future. This is next years group. I think even the most ardent Highlands fan has to look at the reality that the tide is turning.

Just heard the 2nd half on radio.

CCH Angel with 1st half TD from Hentz.

CCH Best with TD on screen pass from Hentz @10 yard line

Highlands Hergott (?) from @3 yard out for a TD. Lined up for a two point conversion but Cov Cath sniffed it out in the backfield.

CCH Tuemler on a reverse from the 14 yard line on a 4th and @ goal.

 

Off and on rain probably made the pass game tough on both sides. Sounds like Hentz to did a nice job managing the game and taking off out of the pocket when the opportunity was there. I know it was Cov Cath radio but they mentioned that Highlands just physically looked a little smaller than in years past.

 

So - I understand that last year marked the first time a Cov Cath team has beaten Highlands at any level since 2006 when the freshmen won. Now the JV does it a year later. I can agree with Frosh games not indicating much more than talent - now JV (IMO) is a much better indicator of what bodes for the future. This is next years group. I think even the most ardent Highlands fan has to look at the reality that the tide is turning.

 

I might be misreading what you said. But 06 was the last time the cch varsity has beaten highlands. The cch freshman lost a close one that year. But cch JV beat highlands in 09 maybe 08 I am pretty sure.

 

So - I understand that last year marked the first time a Cov Cath team has beaten Highlands at any level since 2006 when the freshmen won. Now the JV does it a year later. I can agree with Frosh games not indicating much more than talent - now JV (IMO) is a much better indicator of what bodes for the future. This is next years group. I think even the most ardent Highlands fan has to look at the reality that the tide is turning.

 

Wow! Seriously? It has been that long? That is crazy. Well, you would think CCH would eventually catch up or HHS may fall off a bit to allow them to catch up. Long way to go still, but the Blueboys look to be on the right track. I know what the Birds have and I'm confident it will continue to be a battle over the years to come.

 

Glad to see some competition back into the series whether Frosh, JV, or Varsity. Not really, I enjoy the routs! Easier to deal with.

 

Just sayin!

Not trying to trash talk about any kid. Highlands has always done a good job of hiding kids flaws with good technique and a solid game plan. I am sure the kids will greatly improve and help carry on the Highlands legacy. But is it true that the talent level in the freshmen and sophomore is not has high as Highlands has been used to over the past 7-8 years?

Wait, before I get accused of not telling it like it is by some old little league coach, I don't see it. I see kids that are the "part". They have what "it" takes. Now, does that translate to the Varsity level, I don't know and neither does anyone else. Freshman team is under new direction and leadership and I have no idea how they are running that team this year. I was at the CC game and liked what I saw. Very fast and some very nice athletic kids, but "may" lack some size. Then again, since when has HHS ever been big at this level.

 

The JV, again has some very nice players that look the part and have the "it" factor. They will be fine. I'm sure tonight was a heart breaker, because no one wants to lose to their rival, but that happens. And CCH is arguably going through their greatest years in some time. At least that is what has been said on here the past two seasons.

 

I'm sure the Birds will be fine. I trust in the coaches over in Ft Thomas and always will. There is a reason why they have 22 State Championships! Wait, there are a 100 reasons!

  • Author
Wait, before I get accused of not telling it like it is by some old little league coach, I don't see it. I see kids that are the "part". They have what "it" takes. Now, does that translate to the Varsity level, I don't know and neither does anyone else. Freshman team is under new direction and leadership and I have no idea how they are running that team this year. I was at the CC game and liked what I saw. Very fast and some very nice athletic kids, but "may" lack some size. Then again, since when has HHS ever been big at this level.

 

The JV, again has some very nice players that look the part and have the "it" factor. They will be fine. I'm sure tonight was a heart breaker, because no one wants to lose to their rival, but that happens. And CCH is arguably going through their greatest years in some time. At least that is what has been said on here the past two seasons.

 

I'm sure the Birds will be fine. I trust in the coaches over in Ft Thomas and always will. There is a reason why they have 22 State Championships! Wait, there are a 100 reasons!

 

You sensitive bro?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.