Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 21 Highlands 6 (JV)

Featured Replies

RCC9 just a question with the School overflowing and no new out of district kids, is that hurting the Football program thanks.

 

Sorry, just saw this. You know I tell it like it is. I agree with lawildcat. I don't really think it hurts all the bad. As she stated, most of them are home-grown. Yes, we get some impact players occasionally, but I think all of them are in by freshman year. The impact players that did not happen to attend our elementary schools are the ones that draw all the attention and give the perception of so many kids attending HHS from other districts. In reality, they are a very small part of the big picture. Are they impactful, yes. Is it possible we don't see as many, I would have to think so because if the class is locked down, they are locked. I have seen teachers in the district not be able to get their own kids in! Will it hurt the football team, hard to say. Logic would say yes, but on what capacity I don't know. Because even when kids didn't attend our grade schools and the perception was there that a kid went there from another district, well a lot of those kids did move to Ft Thomas. So that will can still happen. So in reality, we are only talking about kids that didn't go to our district grade schools and didn't move into the city. Again, everyone has their list they can pull our and say "see"! But every time I get in those conversations with someone, its usually about 10 kids they really want to throw in my face. The problem is, that's 10 kids over a period of time. So when you start throwing out 10 names, it sounds fishy. But when you start putting time frames on when they actually played, it's pretty spread out...meaning that all the kids weren't there at the same time, so was it really as big of a deal as some want to make it?

 

Its funny, I love the new jumbo tron now. You know why, because every time they rattle off the starting defense and offense on the big screen, they have the players say their name and where they attended grade school. I listen with a smile because they are 95-98% from Ft Thomas grade schools and I wonder what the visiting fans (that all have the same perceptions) are thinking as they are proven wrong.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks RCC9 great answer.

I think it would be funny if one of the players even went so far as to name their Pre-School. LOL

 

Bluebird or Wise Owl !!!! :dancingpa

I was just asking a question, Highlands has over 900 kids this year, I was told by Highlands people that they have closed the doors for out of District kids, will this hurt there teams.

 

Fair enough question and I think I just gave a fair enough answer. If the doors are locked and they aren't allowing anymore tuition(Grandfathered)students, don't you think if a family is serious enough about their children attending Ft Thomas schools that they will pickup and move to Ft Thomas? I do.

 

My example with the family I described is going through the exact same scenario. They have a problem that multiple families are facing with multiple children going to Ft Thomas schools. There is no such rule that if you have a child already in the school district that you are exempt from the Lockout. This is going to be a common problem for families in the next few years.

 

It sounds like my wife's business economy will be quite Stimulated. Property value just keeps getting steeper and steeper.....Will Highlands miss the families that aren't willing to move? Maybe! But it won't crush our Athletic Programs like some people are assuming......

Sorry, just saw this. You know I tell it like it is. I agree with lawildcat. I don't really think it hurts all the bad. As she stated, most of them are home-grown. Yes, we get some impact players occasionally, but I think all of them are in by freshman year. The impact players that did not happen to attend our elementary schools are the ones that draw all the attention and give the perception of so many kids attending HHS from other districts. In reality, they are a very small part of the big picture. Are they impactful, yes. Is it possible we don't see as many, I would have to think so because if the class is locked down, they are locked. I have seen teachers in the district not be able to get their own kids in! Will it hurt the football team, hard to say. Logic would say yes, but on what capacity I don't know. Because even when kids didn't attend our grade schools and the perception was there that a kid went there from another district, well a lot of those kids did move to Ft Thomas. So that will can still happen. So in reality, we are only talking about kids that didn't go to our district grade schools and didn't move into the city. Again, everyone has their list they can pull our and say "see"! But every time I get in those conversations with someone, its usually about 10 kids they really want to throw in my face. The problem is, that's 10 kids over a period of time. So when you start throwing out 10 names, it sounds fishy. But when you start putting time frames on when they actually played, it's pretty spread out...meaning that all the kids weren't there at the same time, so was it really as big of a deal as some want to make it?

 

Its funny, I love the new jumbo tron now. You know why, because every time they rattle off the starting defense and offense on the big screen, they have the players say their name and where they attended grade school. I listen with a smile because they are 95-98% from Ft Thomas grade schools and I wonder what the visiting fans (that all have the same perceptions) are thinking as they are proven wrong.

 

 

^This

How many players for either team played defense and offense?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.