Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The key to Ray Rice's appeal/defense is proving the NFL and the Ravens...

Featured Replies

The story I heard prior to the video release was that she was attacking him and he retaliated. This shows that to be false.

 

This is what was said by an anonymous ravens player. He was claiming self-defense. Guru, you saying how could they do that after a second video is released, this isn't considered double jeopardy because the NFL is a private entity. At least from my understanding.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The story I heard prior to the video release was that she was attacking him and he retaliated. This shows that to be false.

 

Physically? She was never charged, so I didn't think that.

 

 

Verbally attacking? You can guarantee she was.

Physically? She was never charged, so I didn't think that.

 

 

Verbally attacking? You can guarantee she was.

 

He spit on her in the elevator before she started coming towards him yelling. I find it really hard to believe the league didn't know. This will not be the end of Goodell, but I think the owners will want more people involved in deciding punishments.

 

Goodell might get suspended, but I doubt it. Why weren't Ozzie and Stevie in the press conference this evening? They left Harbaugh to the wolves. The only thing I can think they weren't, is that they knew and Harbaugh pushed for a lesser penalty and they let him die on the vine or they knew and Harbaugh didn't and they didn't want to lie publicly.

NFL is gonna go down an even darker road by saying they didn't view the video, knowing that they did. This is gonna get uglier real quick and I can't wait to watch it unfold.

This is good stuff. I am anxious to see the Harvey Levin report today.

I am no lawyer either but this is Un-American. You can't hand down one punishment and then weeks later hand down another because a video surfaced that you had access to when you made your initial decision on a punishment. And I don't care what the NFL says, they had access to all the video. Billion dollar businesses get whatever they want.

 

I heard that when the NFL was looking into the drugs that got delivered via FedEx to a couple Bengals that the Police bent over backwards to help out the NFL investigators. I know a Federal Agent that was actually shocked how much info the league wanted and even more shocked they got everything they wanted and more. There is zero chance I believe nobody from the NFL saw this video.

I am no lawyer either but this is Un-American. You can't hand down one punishment and then weeks later hand down another because a video surfaced that you had access to when you made your initial decision on a punishment. And I don't care what the NFL says, they had access to all the video. Billion dollar businesses get whatever they want.

 

And this action by the NFL is sure to be followed by perhaps the most American of actions in this era - a lawsuit by Ray Rice.

I think Goodell and the NFL handled it like this because Rice's name still has star power and this is sadly what happens in cases like this. There are probably a handful of guys who have domestic incidents just like this that are dealt with in a highly similar manner. The difference here is that what Rice did was captured on video by a business that was closing in a city without a lot of job prospects and someone got a payoff to leak it to the press.

....

 

Without question the NFL bowed to public out-cry once we all SAW the brutal nature of the elevator punch, and probably equally egregious, the way he nudged her with his foot as if she was just asleep. Crass.

 

The NFL should have done the right thing initially, they didn't, and now they look as knee-jerk as possible. NO ONE looks good coming out of this, certainly not Ray Rice, not the Ravens that fall somewhere between moronic and suppressing evidence, and certainly not Mr. Goodell and the NFL.

 

As Mike Greenberg said this morning, and I agree with wholeheartedly, we are vilifying Ray Rice for this disgusting act, but ignoring the other athletes with numerous domestic violence ARRESTS (like Mayweather) because we didn't SEE it happen. It is shocking and disgusting, and while we as a society shake our heads in disapproval when we HEAR about a Phillies pitcher punching his wife in the face, we call for a life sentence when we SEE it happen.

 

I find Ray Rice to be no more deplorable today than the day I heard about it, and while I think a 2 game ban was ludicrous, I'm not so sure they didn't over-shoot the mark with yesterday's actions. Again, why should this clown be treated WAY WORSE than the other clowns who have been charged with hitting women? Because he did it in front of a camera? They've gone down a slippery slope on this one and it is going to be a train-wreck as it unfolds.

What I saw earlier this morning is that TMZ is reporting that the NFL never requested from the casino a copy of the tape. In light of what has been released that comes off even worse.

 

The NFL was rebuffed by the police because it was an ongoing investigation.

 

To (somewhat) defend the NFL I am sure they have been told countless times they cannot carry emotion in to their decision making. They knew what happened based upon the investigation as did everyone else. This changed none of that except rattling emotions.

 

The only thing new that we know is that based upon reports the NFL did not go to the casino to get a copy of the tape. Everything else is an emotional tug.

 

50/50 in my book that Goodell survives this.

For me, the video made a difference. I thought the punishment was too light to begin with but had believed there was an argument, the girl attacked him (think JayZ) and he slapped her. After seeing the actual footage, we know that none of that is true.

 

What a mess. If the NFL knew and saw that video, it's going to be a fun couple of days.

What I saw earlier this morning is that TMZ is reporting that the NFL never requested from the casino a copy of the tape. In light of what has been released that comes off even worse.

 

The NFL was rebuffed by the police because it was an ongoing investigation.

 

To (somewhat) defend the NFL I am sure they have been told countless times they cannot carry emotion in to their decision making. They knew what happened based upon the investigation as did everyone else. This changed none of that except rattling emotions.

 

The only thing new that we know is that based upon reports the NFL did not go to the casino to get a copy of the tape. Everything else is an emotional tug.

 

50/50 in my book that Goodell survives this.

 

NJ State Police is saying they were asked by NFL for the video and they told them they didn't have it b/c it wasn't their investigation it was Atlantic City Police's. Either the NFL didn't want to see it or they're lying and did see it plain and simple. The NFL knew for sure Rice's attorneys had it. Rice knew that as well. This was a cover-up IMO.

This was a cover-up IMO.

 

All signs point to that, to be sure, but for anyone to think in this day and age the video wouldn't surface makes them as foolish and naïve as one could imagine.

A source for the Ravens said they didn't see the video but Rice described exactly what happened (and what shows in the video) to both the Ravens and the NFL. They say the video is what makes the difference. I call hogwash.

....

 

Without question the NFL bowed to public out-cry once we all SAW the brutal nature of the elevator punch, and probably equally egregious, the way he nudged her with his foot as if she was just asleep. Crass.

 

The NFL should have done the right thing initially, they didn't, and now they look as knee-jerk as possible. NO ONE looks good coming out of this, certainly not Ray Rice, not the Ravens that fall somewhere between moronic and suppressing evidence, and certainly not Mr. Goodell and the NFL.

 

As Mike Greenberg said this morning, and I agree with wholeheartedly, we are vilifying Ray Rice for this disgusting act, but ignoring the other athletes with numerous domestic violence ARRESTS (like Mayweather) because we didn't SEE it happen. It is shocking and disgusting, and while we as a society shake our heads in disapproval when we HEAR about a Phillies pitcher punching his wife in the face, we call for a life sentence when we SEE it happen.

 

I find Ray Rice to be no more deplorable today than the day I heard about it, and while I think a 2 game ban was ludicrous, I'm not so sure they didn't over-shoot the mark with yesterday's actions. Again, why should this clown be treated WAY WORSE than the other clowns who have been charged with hitting women? Because he did it in front of a camera? They've gone down a slippery slope on this one and it is going to be a train-wreck as it unfolds.

 

I think it comes down to guilt vs innocence. No matter what the court says if it's not caught on tape they can always claim innocence. No such thing in this case.

 

I agree with you 100%. I'm just thinking this is why it MAY be handled differently. Regardless, they're all scum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.