Boone County Rebels Football 2014 Football Preview

Walter

Great skill players change games against bad teams, no matter where they are: be it kick returns, or at QB, or WR, or RB, or DB. Floyd is no doubt a good player, but the gushing on this board for just how good "he ought to be" if not for "being so wrongfully played out of position" is comical.

In 2008, Lone Oak came off a 14-1 2007 year and lost Corey Robinson. They looked around and realized they didn't have a QB. So they took a DI-A offered Jamarielle Brown and stuck him at QB. Could he throw? Not Really. Was he a QB? No, he signed as a WR and played in college as a WR. But regardless, Lone Oak wen't 10-2 with him there. Why? Because that's what happens when you put the ball in a next level skill guy's hands every play. I hope the Floyd kids lands somewhere and proves me wrong, but until he does, I have a hard time swallowing just how misused and wronged he has been done by the Boone Co. program and their need to try and utilize him as best they could given the situations they encountered last season.

I wish I could like this post more than just once. I've said the same thing. I like A Floyd and have known him for around 8 years and watched him play on Saturdays (pee wee) and Friday Nights since he got to High School, he is fast,but all the other accolades being tossed his way I haven't seen it yet.

People act as if he was a sure fire DI recruit who should have schools fighting over him. If that is the case then I've missed something. He is a good player, but I don't think he was even the best on Boone's team last year. I would of taken Casey Boston as an overall better football player his entire life than A Floyd any day of the week.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really have to have an insiders perspective of Boone football the last 6-8 years to know the complexity of the situation. This was clearly not a transfer motivated by the chance to win a few more games or contend for a state championship in a lower class.The previous HC and the current Principal made a lot of decisions that hosed this program. Decisions that reflected values and priorities that are not conducive to a winning or even a positive program. Playing out of position last year was just the last straw in a series of decisions that went against the interests of Aaron Floyd.

You really have to have an insiders perspective of Boone football the last 6-8 years to know the complexity of the situation. This was clearly not a transfer motivated by the chance to win a few more games or contend for a state championship in a lower class.The previous HC and the current Principal made a lot of decisions that hosed this program. Decisions that reflected values and priorities that are not conducive to a winning or even a positive program. Playing out of position last year was just the last straw in a series of decisions that went against the interests of Aaron Floyd.

Since you are taking on the role of Mel Gibson all we need is a Julia Roberts. Anyone?

Conspiracy-Theory-011.jpg

Really sad when people look at it as anything but a team sport. This statement made me very sad.

If it was all about Aaron Floyd's interest then he was in the wrong sport to begin with.

His interest may be bigger than the actual reality. That is he and the people around him may think he is better than he really is.

If I were building a team around any individual player in Boone county, it wouldn't be Aaron Floyd. The perception of him as a player by some is very misconstrued. Sorry, but that is reality. Good player, not great and deffinatley not a difference maker.

Its very simple to me in coach Griffiths shoes. Talent does not matter. Is/was Aaron Floyd a good teammate? Does he add to your chemistry or detract from your chemistry. Coach Griffith knows this already, and I don't. How was he last year? What comments were made before and after he left? Is he a team guy who was doing what others told him to do or is he as selfish as some of the posters on here talking about blame and scholarships? Griffith came from a team first program and I assume that is his vision for Boone.

If it were me coaching, I would have a hard time letting AF back on the team. He made a choice to leave the team for what he perceived to be greener pastures. It didn't work out. He needs to learn a hard lesson here. I am big on loyalty and imho, he disrespected his teammates and coaches when he chose to leave for CCH. Life is about three things; Choices, Decisions, Consequences. Boone should move on without him and not look back. I would want to go into battle only with guys who wanted to be there and have demonstrated that with their loyalty to the program. I'm old school and that's why I think the way I do. I wish Boone the best this season and hope they stay injury free and have much success.

Your point is well taken until the fact that Dad is the coaches boss.

Aaron is a great kid with great parents. He should be welcomed back with open arms.

Sometimes being a good kid and having good parents doesn't take away the fact that he bailed on a team and hasn't been to a single Boone County football practice in over 9 months.