Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arizona execution lasts nearly 2 hours

Featured Replies

Doesn't the law say something about murder?

 

We are a civilized society.

  • Replies 181
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact that they had objections before hand about the "cocktail" leads me to believe this isn't a freak accident. Not saying it was done purposely, but maybe the drugs need to be further researched and tested before they're used again?

 

I don't think they can get the good stuff anymore.

The law says otherwise.

 

I don't pretend to know that law, but surely there has to be some time of protocol on a new "cocktail" of lethal drugs. I can see no better way of testing them.

 

Like in the Green Mile,

Warden Hal Moores: Okay, boys, what in the hell happened?

Paul Edgecomb: An execution. A successful one.

Warden Hal Moores: How in the name of Christ can you call that a success?

Paul Edgecomb: Eduard Delacroix is dead.

[to Percy]

Paul Edgecomb: Isn't he?

I don't think they can get the good stuff anymore.

 

That's exactly why we have these problems now and why they won't reveal where they got the drugs they used.

The fact that they had objections before hand about the "cocktail" leads me to believe this isn't a freak accident. Not saying it was done purposely, but maybe the drugs need to be further researched and tested before they're used again?

 

I'm still torn on this issue. Part of me thinks its used to much and I fear innocent people will be executed. Then the other part of me doesn't want to take it completely off the table for some of the real severe psychopaths that are in this world. Like Timothy McVeigh had to go no questions. Very tricky subject. But if your gonna do it why not just go bullet to the head much cheaper .

There are 1000's of ways to end a life quickly.

This scum ball needed to die. No way in this age of medicine that we can't have a process that does the job more efficiently than what happened in this case.

I don't have sympathy for the guy but agree that the process should be improved.

I don't think they can get the good stuff anymore.

 

This is the real problem in my opinion.

The fact that they had objections before hand about the "cocktail" leads me to believe this isn't a freak accident. Not saying it was done purposely, but maybe the drugs need to be further researched and tested before they're used again?

You volunteering for that? Not pointed either, seriously, how we testing those? Monkeys? Rats?

This is the THIRD botched lethal injection this year. I guess this makes a third time where I will state that I'm against the death penalty because 1) I'm against it morally, 2) when compared to the numbers of identified errors in death penalty convictions, statistics would show that a safe figure for the number of wrongfully executed prisoners is about 1 out of every 100, and 3) the costs involved in the court systems and prison system to execute an inmate are higher than the cost of incarcerating them for life.

Does anyone know for sure why they can't get the drugs any longer?

 

What I've heard is that because of potential liability the drug companies will no longer sell the drugs needed to states so states have been forced to get their durgs from compounding pharmacies.

 

You want it quick, bring back firing squads. 6 members, 3 aim for the heart 3 take a head shot.

I don't think they can get the good stuff anymore.

 

You can probably walk through your local Ace Hardware and pick up several things. Of course, they won't be labeled as "drugs" per se...but, I bet you could mix up a nice little "cocktail" that would still get the job done.

We are a civilized society.

 

The news certainly portrays a different picture.

 

I should probably clarify my position though. I'm not for purposely making those being executed being put through a long and suffering death, but I honestly have a very tough time having any sympathy for those that do experience that when being executed.

 

Do you think your feelings would be different if you were witnessing the execution of someone that had brutally tormented or killed one of your very dear loved ones?

The news certainly portrays a different picture.

 

I should probably clarify my position though. I'm not for purposely making those being executed being put through a long and suffering death, but I honestly have a very tough time having any sympathy for those that do experience that when being executed.

 

Do you think your feelings would be different if you were witnessing the execution of someone that had brutally tormented or killed one of your very dear loved ones?

 

I would probably take some pleasure from it because it was personal but I know the good guys (government) can't operate that way.

 

Frankly, more and more I am against the death penalty.

Great solution Crash... Someone should have told this guy who hunted these people down in cold blood.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.