Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN's Top 50 Coaches Right Now

Featured Replies

If the words 'right now' are being used it can't be K. Cal has done more than K since 2010. Pitino also. For me right now is since 2010.

 

I must have completely looked past the "Right Now" part.

  • Replies 147
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prohm is on the Honorable Mentions...

 

:lol2: I meant it in jest, but you can make an argument he is as deserving as some names on the list. Just not around long enough or at a high enough profile school.

I'm thinking the top will be:

 

1. Bill Self (ESPN slobbers all over themselves with him)

2. Coach K

3. Rick Pitino

4. Coach Cal

5. Billy D.

6. Sean Miller

7. Izzo

 

I honestly took about 2 seconds thinking up my post earlier. Definitely would've had Pitino in the top 5.

I think his rep has taken a pretty significant hit in the last couple of years as he underachieved with some talented players.

 

Yea the academic issues probably aren't helping either now that I think about it some more.

I'm thinking it will be:

 

1. Cal

2. Pitino

3. Self

4. K

5. Billy D

 

I can see it going any way between Cal, Self and Coach K. Just depends on how they want to spin it. Pitino would've been on my original post had it not come from a toilet I'm sure.

I'm excited to see how the list plays out. I don't see how Cal isn't top dog in the last 5 years. Even with the loss to Robert Morris in round 1 of the NIT tournament.

 

At first I didn't agree but after realizing Duke had bowed out in the opening round of two of the last 3 NCAA tournaments I suppose you may be right.

This list is crap. Some coaches on here are in no way deserving of top 50 mention. Is this all active coaches or is this coaches in the last few years (or year)?

At first I didn't agree but after realizing Duke had bowed out in the opening round of two of the last 3 NCAA tournaments I suppose you may be right.

 

 

I can't see K higher than 4th. 2010 is one of his best coaching jobs ever but other than 2013 when Duke lost to UL in the Elite 8 Duke has underachieved IMO. UK has finished every season strong with the exception of NIT year and had two years where they actually exceeded expectations under Cal. Cal has to be #1 and if he isn't then I'll be the guy screaming about the national media's bias against Calipari. :lol2: :lol2:

If it's right now, how is it not Cal? 3 out the last 4 Final 4s with a Title. I'm confident he could walk in and coach at any high major school and produce great results.

........

 

That top 50 is AWFUL and way to reactionary. Jim Crews? Please. Archie Miller was sweating his gig in January, not he is top 30? Good Lord. I sent Goodman a text and told him he should be embarrassed to have his name associated with that list (he was one of the voters) and he didn't disagree.

 

I loathe Tom Crean as a person and as a coach, he is deplorable, but you really think he is less of a coach than half of those listed? Nonsense.

 

Greg McDermott is an awesome guy, and hysterical, but a year from now he won't be on anyone's top 50, much less 23rd.

 

You're absolutely right. This list is a joke.

If you think Bo Ryan is gimmicky and can't recruit......ah.

 

He recruits what will come to Wisconsin and he is "gimmicky" because he has to be.

If you think Bo Ryan is gimmicky and can't recruit......ah.

 

He recruits who can qualify to gain entry to Wisconsin and he is "gimmicky" because he has to be.

 

Fixed that. Theirs is the same issue Notre Dame always whines about in FB.

If you think Bo Ryan is gimmicky and can't recruit......ah.

 

He recruits what will come to Wisconsin and he is "gimmicky" because he has to be.

 

If we're talking about admission standards at the schools, then why isn't someone like Coach K the same way?

If we're talking about admission standards at the schools, then why isn't someone like Coach K the same way?

 

How is he not the same way?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.